2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No biased and just being real, Dubs in 6 if everyone is healthy. And that would be a nice accomplishment for the Raptors to take two in the series. Giving them that respect. 

Well in theory I suppose GS could have beaten Toronto in 6 fully healthy. Whose to say. Injuries are a part of the game and yea without KD I did believe Toronto was the better team not dramatically but still better but when people were like KD doesn’t matter and GS in 5 I thought that was kind of a ridiculous take. 

Look ill veer off my wild ridiculous stance and be real for a minute because I got nothing but love and respect for you. There was certainly a part of me that did want to face a healthy KD in the finals obviously I wouldn’t have banked on Toronto winning or being better I honestly think there was a non zero chance they could have done the impossible and won but again it’s possible your GS in 6 pick would have been a bit more accurate than that take. 

However I can’t complain about anything that transpired the way it did I mean I gotta take it. A ring is a ring there may have been a part of me that didn’t believe this would happen and I can still barley comprehend that it did. We beat a lot of very good teams in this run and I think our battle through the east was harder than this years west run GS had. I may have actually said winning the East would be like winning the finals and that GS would win in 6 as a preseason pick. Idk maybe that was said by me I’m not gonna fact check it  

I guess to summarize this team is really good and even though I thought no one was gonna beat a fully healthy GS at the start of the year if you had to pick one team that even had a shot it was this team this year not either of the past two Cavs teams not this years Bucks or rockets or Sixers, etc. This was the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Raps beat GS twice this year with Durant in lineup. Once without our only real star Kawhi Leonard (Lowry, Siakam are good but wouldn't consider them top tier at positions)

To say GS would've won with Durant is hypothetical and tbh foolish and is really only trying to discredit an amazing, well deserved Championship run by the Raps

I don’t understand this. It’s not an insult to say or even a knock on the Raptors to say that with KD the Warriors win the series. It’s not at all. Warriors are one greatest teams ever, it’s not a slight to say that if the warriors were healthy they’d win. Almost anybody with a basket ball mind would say that 

like congrats to the Raptors. They were the better team in the series but having a healthy Klay and KD, never even mind Boogie they would’ve won.

Edited by Kip Smithers
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Well in theory I suppose GS could have beaten Toronto in 6 fully healthy. Whose to say. Injuries are a part of the game and yea without KD I did believe Toronto was the better team not dramatically but still better but when people were like KD doesn’t matter and GS in 5 I thought that was kind of a ridiculous take. 

Look ill veer off my wild ridiculous stance and be real for a minute because I got nothing but love and respect for you. There was certainly a part of me that did want to face a healthy KD in the finals obviously I wouldn’t have banked on Toronto winning or being better I honestly think there was a non zero chance they could have done the impossible and won but again it’s possible your GS in 6 pick would have been a bit more accurate than that take. 

However I can’t complain about anything that transpired the way it did I mean I gotta take it. A ring is a ring there may have been a part of me that didn’t believe this would happen and I can still barley comprehend that it did. We beat a lot of very good teams in this run and I think our battle through the east was harder than this years west run GS had. I may have actually said winning the East would be like winning the finals and that GS would win in 6 as a preseason pick. Idk maybe that was said by me I’m not gonna fact check it  

I guess to summarize this team is really good and even though I thought no one was gonna beat a fully healthy GS at the start of the year if you had to pick one team that even had a shot it was this team this year not either of the past two Cavs teams not this years Bucks or rockets or Sixers, etc. This was the team. 

Oh absolutely, enjoy the ring my man, I was the one beating the drum all last week that there are no such thing as asterisk titles. 

I definitely wasn't one of those that thought the Warriors would win without KD. I just couldn't see it with how good defensively the Raptors are. Warriors have little depth and had to rely on washed Boogie to be a key contributor for them to win...And to Boogie's credit, he did give them something in three of those games. Can't ask for anything else from him. But the Raptors were legit all season long and went through two DAMN good teams in Philly and Milwaukee before beating GS. Worthy champions for sure. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh absolutely, enjoy the ring my man, I was the one beating the drum all last week that there are no such thing as asterisk titles. 

I definitely wasn't one of those that thought the Warriors would win without KD. I just couldn't see it with how good defensively the Raptors are. Warriors have little depth and had to rely on washed Boogie to be a key contributor for them to win...And to Boogie's credit, he did give them something in three of those games. Can't ask for anything else from him. But the Raptors were legit all season long and went through two DAMN good teams in Philly and Milwaukee before beating GS. Worthy champions for sure. 

Can confirm! xD

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Warriors have little depth and had to rely on washed Boogie to be a key contributor for them to win...And to Boogie's credit, he did give them something in three of those games. Can't ask for anything else from him.

I've pared your comment down to ask the following question.....

I didnt watch or see much of Boogie when he was with Sacramento or the Pelicans. So - what we saw of him in these playoffs......how close does that resemble who he was (?) or will be once he gets fully up to speed health and fitness-wise?

Tell you he truth...in terms of moves or shots....I didnt see much to his offensive game....and a good portion of it had a "Bull in a China shop" quality to it.

Was that who he was?
Or was that just the out of shape Boogie?

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

And yet they still get an asterisk?

Yes, they were gifted a nearly unlosable situation. My point has never been that the Raptors are a joke or unworthy or being champions.

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've pared your comment down to ask the following question.....

I didnt watch or see much of Boogie when he was with Sacramento or the Pelicans. So - what we saw of him in these playoffs......how close does that resemble who he was (?) or will be once he gets fully up to speed health and fitness-wise?

Tell you he truth...in terms of moves or shots....I didnt see much to his offensive game....and a good portion of it had a "Bull in a China shop" quality to it.

Was that who he was?
Or was that just the out of shape Boogie?

He was a shell of himself. Played hard but had no lift at all. This is a guy after ASB that was putting up like 22 and 11 per 36 numbers. 

30 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Boogie played well except for one game. The first 5 games when Boogie was on the court the Raps had a 87 orating (iirc, it was high 80s tho). Which is terrible and way below what the Raps did for the series. 

Nah he was terrible in games 3 and 4. Your talking about the Raptors offense? The Warriors was horrendous with him in the floor in those two games. 

Played hard and was fine in game 1, great in game 2, terrible in games 3 and 4, and then good/solid in the last two games. 

Overall, couldn't ask for more. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Except it truly is "get stars vs have depth" lol.. Unless you hit lottery on late round picks who develop quick while paying super star players, having both is simply unrealistic in a salary cap league.

Injuries are very real, thus making what Warriors did a gamble.

To be fair if Kawhi is out the Raptors are dead in the water against any of the teams they played, regardless of how much depth they have in terms of role players

Edited by amac

18 minutes ago, amac said:

To be fair if Kawhi is out the Raptors are dead in the water against any of the teams they played, regardless of how much depth they have in terms of role players

17-5 without him in the regular season and 1-0 vs GS