2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Golden State wins in 6.

That's what I predicted. Lose game 1, win game 2 and then KD returns and order is restored for good. 

But the Raptors defenses definitely exposes the lack of shot creators. This isn't no garbage Portland team in the WCFs or the mentally weak Rockets squad. The Raptors are for real. That defense was lethal in the Bucks series and was very good today as well. 

KD needs to come back in game 3 and be close to his best. You can't have as many non-scorers on the court against the Raptors and expect to win. Steph played well and it still didn't matter. Imagine if he has a bad game? Yikes! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

3.5 All-Stars isn't enough guys! We need another!

Once and for all KD proves his rings are legitimate and he was needed. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Truly, we're missing Barbosa and Speights. That's what we need. 

That bench mob was lethal. Really do miss it. Now you got broken S.Dot and McKinnie and Looney tunes coming off the bench SMH. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's what I predicted. Lose game 1, win game 2 and then KD returns and order is restored for good. 

But the Raptors defenses definitely exposes the lack of shot creators. This isn't no garbage Portland team in the WCFs or the mentally weak Rockets squad. The Raptors are for real. That defense was lethal in the Bucks series and was very good today as well. 

KD needs to come back in game 3 and be close to his best. You can't have as many non-scorers on the court against the Raptors and expect to win. Steph played well and it still didn't matter. Imagine if he has a bad game? Yikes! 

Yup. The margin for error on scoring is non-existent. I know people (half) jokingly tease the Warrior's over missing one or two stars, but when your team allocates nearly all assets to it's starters, you're not going to find a lot of scoring at value and the Warrior's are sorely missing that. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Once and for all KD proves his rings are legitimate and he was needed. 

That bench mob was lethal. Really do miss it. Now you got broken S.Dot and McKinnie and Looney tunes coming off the bench SMH. 

Looney has been balling lately.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Draymond's mom vs Drake in a Twitter rap battle before the Finals are over.

Calling it now.

drake pulls a b-rabbit

recites the story of adidon and says what else you got on me?

then goes in on draymond and his mama

the 6 goes crazy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Looney has been balling lately.

It's not even that he Warrior's have a bad bench. They just literally don't have a single person who can score consistently off the bench and more importantly, create their own shot. 

Edited by John232

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

drake pulls a b-rabbit

recites the story of adidon and says what else you got on me?

then goes in on draymond and his mama

the 6 goes crazy

Drake is Canada Dry. Draymond's momma would whoop his punk arse.

Just now, John232 said:

Yup. The margin for error on scoring is non-existent. I know people (half) jokingly tease the Warrior's over missing one or two stars, but when your team allocates nearly all assets to it's starters, you're not going to find a lot of scoring at value and the Warrior's are sorely missing that. 

Good thing is if KD returns and the Dubs win, people can STFU that he isn't needed and they are as good without him. If he doesn't come to GS, they probably lose to the Cavs in 2017 and last year would have had another hellacious series against the Rockets. I get folks want him to go on another squad and do his own thing and that is perfectly fine, but GTFO acting like he isn't needed.

This was the showcase game for TOR.   They literally couldn’t have asked for a better game.  Every phase of their game was on, including: 

-Stifling perimeter D - Curry got his 30+ but only 2-3 of the 3’a were uncontested.  He had to work hard for it.   The other shooters were hard pressed most of the night as well. 

-Marc Gasol was a monster on rotation and he and Siakam cleaned up inside.  

-The transition game led to a ton of points for Siakam.   Dude had a game and a half.

-The TOR outside shooting was lights out.

-Danny Green actually hit some open looks.  And his post up mismatch with Curry is clearly going to be a focus in future games   

-The bench came up big with Vanvleet and Ibaka providing much needed help with Lowry and Gasol in foul trouble.   

If KD is back it changes the complexion of the game because TOR can’t just focus on Curry.   As great as it is for TOR game 2 is a must win for them.  You don’t get extra chances vs. a team as great as the Dubs.   TOR took care of business this time but it’s not likely to get any easier than it did tonight.   KD back or not with a bloodied champ I expect a completely different GS team on Sunday.  

• Like 1