2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Looney has been balling lately.

He's solid...tried telling you but still man, this bench pretty damn suspect. Though they have been playing better as of late. 

Boogie needs to be more aggressive looking to get his own next game. His defense was fine for the most part but he was trying too hard to get others shots. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

This was the showcase game for TOR.   They literally couldn’t have asked for a better game.  Every phase of their game was on, including: 

-Stifling perimeter D - Curry got his 30+ but only 2-3 of the 3’a were uncontested.  He had to work hard for it.   The other shooters were hard pressed most of the night as well. 

-Marc Gasol was a monster on rotation and he and Siakam cleaned up inside.  

-The transition game led to a ton of points for Siakam.   Dude had a game and a half.

-The TOR outside shooting was lights out.

-Danny Green actually hit some open looks.  And his post up mismatch with Curry is clearly going to be a focus in future games   

-The bench came up big with Vanvleet and Ibaka providing much needed help with Lowry and Gasol in foul trouble.   

If KD is back it changes the complexion of the game because TOR can’t just focus on Curry.   As great as it is for TOR game 2 is a must win for them.  You don’t get extra chances vs. a team as great as the Dubs.   TOR took care of business this time but it’s not likely to get any easier than it did tonight.   KD back or not with a bloodied champ I expect a completely different GS team on Sunday.  

Great Team Win. Can’t get comfortable gotta bring it game two the warriors will for sure bring it. I’m sure it’s an ugly locker room right now. 

2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Real talk did the warriors get jobbed on calls tonight. I got a friend (warriors fan) who says they do. I don’t think so but I also have a heavy bias against the warriors. Thoughts?

I mean, it goes back and forth like any game. But Curry is easily one of the most disrespected players in the league by refs. Never gets the off-ball, but everyone's use to it now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Real talk did the warriors get jobbed on calls tonight. I got a friend (warriors fan) who says they do. I don’t think so but I also have a heavy bias against the warriors. Thoughts?

Home team gets the calls. That's nothing out of the ordinary.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It was Toronto’s night. They played a near perfect game. Give them credit they made key baskets at critical times because you always felt that the Warriors were in a spot to take over and they withstood it. 

How I saw it as well. Toronto played incredible. Dubs played solid but in the finals you need to have an exceptional performance. That was Siakam...he carried them. absolutely carried them. 

10 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It was Toronto’s night. They played a near perfect game. Give them credit they made key baskets at critical times because you always felt that the Warriors were in a spot to take over and they withstood it. 

Win or lose the series you can’t say these are the Raptors of old.   In the PHI & MIL series they took haymaker after haymaker and kept getting off the mat.  Twice in Game 5-6 they had double digit deficits and roared back.   No doubt that helped them withstand GS coming back several times with 6-8 point mini runs in less than a minute.   I think that happened at least 3x in game.  2x Kawhi killed the comeback with a dagger 3.   But overall it was a true team effort that withstood the GS runs mostly though their excellent D fueling a lethal transition game.   

Now on the flip side outside of Curry I can’t imagine a worse game for GS.   Even without KD back they will play a lot better.   Game 2 will either be a dogfight or GS statement game.   No way the champs don’t come out with a much better game than what they showed tonight.  

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

How I saw it as well. Toronto played incredible. Dubs played solid but in the finals you need to have an exceptional performance. That was Siakam...he carried them. absolutely carried them. 

Dubs didn’t play particularly well and yet you they were always in the game. They’ll play better on both ends next game. Their half court defenss was fine honestly. They just struggled transitioning. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Dubs didn’t play particularly well and yet you they were always in the game. They’ll play better on both ends next game. 

Gotta give raps some credit on defense though if you ask any Bucks fans they’ll tell well they didn’t play well in any of those 6 games and are still waiting for that complete game. 

28 minutes ago, John232 said:

I mean, it goes back and forth like any game. But Curry is easily one of the most disrespected players in the league by refs. Never gets the off-ball, but everyone's use to it now. 

No calls lead to a metric ton of Curry's points. The Warriors are notorious for holding players off of screens to get their shooters open. I'd argue they foul more than any team in the NBA because I see them hold on just about every screen they set.