2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

8 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

You could tell he wanted to go off haha

better for the dubs to not have to shell out the 30+ mil tho. 

It's dumb that these votes effect contracts.

Yeah, those poor billionaires get to keep more for themselves. Big win for the Warriors. I know that's not what you were saying, I just hate that players get limited in what they can earn based on other people's opinions that change from season to season.

Edited by seminoles1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It's dumb that these votes effect contracts.

Yeah, those poor billionaires get to keep more for themselves. Big win for the Warriors. I know that's not what you were saying, I just hate that players get limited in what they can earn based on other people's opinions that change from season to season.

I hate that they are limited in what they can earn, period. Max contract is BS. Pay them what they are worth.

• Like 2

I read someone say that Durant is done and won't return.  The Warriors are just leading everyone on so that teams prep for him in the scouting report.  Not sure if that's true or not, but someone's theory.

If Klay don't stop playing like a trash can offensively, the Warriors are going to have a tough time beating the Raptors (assuming the Raps make it).  Steph won't be enough vs Toronto.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

If Klay don't stop playing like a trash can offensively

I respect you as a poster so I won't make the snarky comment I want to make, but Klay has not been playing like a trash can offensively. He's a streaky shooter obviously but missing shots =\= playing poorly. It just means he's missing shots. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I respect you as a poster so I won't make the snarky comment I want to make, but Klay has not been playing like a trash can offensively. He's a streaky shooter obviously but missing shots =\= playing poorly. It just means he's missing shots. 

I mean, he literally does not contribute anything offensively except for shooting.  If he's not making shots/scoring, then he does nothing. 

How am I wrong here?

Just now, showtime said:

I mean, he literally does not contribute anything offensively except for shooting.  If he's not making shots/scoring, then he does nothing. 

How am I wrong here?

He is constantly setting screens and spacing the floor. The warriors run a lot of plays were his abilities are a key piece of the puzzle. 

He is a lot better than you are giving him credit for. He has some good ball fakes and a good fade away jump shot. He drives the lane with success. Hes worked on his post up game a lot and when he is in rhythm he is a smooth. 

Oh, and he may be the best catch and shooter of all time. Even if that was all he could do, he wouldn't be a 'trash can' offensively. 

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

He is constantly setting screens and spacing the floor. The warriors run a lot of plays were his abilities are a key piece of the puzzle. 

He is a lot better than you are giving him credit for. He has some good ball fakes and a good fade away jump shot. He drives the lane with success. Hes worked on his post up game a lot and when he is in rhythm he is a smooth. 

Oh, and he may be the best catch and shooter of all time. Even if that was all he could do, he wouldn't be a 'trash can' offensively. 

Game 1:  10/24 from the field, 3/9 from 3pt line, 1 reb, 3 ast

Game 2:  8/22 from the field, 4/8 from 3pt line, 3 reb, 2 ast

Game 3:  8/20 from the field, 1/5 from 3pt line, 5 reb, 5 ast

Game 4:  7/21 from the field, 3/10 from 3pt line, 6 reb, 2 ast

That was against Portland.

I know against Houston, he didn't play all that well in at least three of those games, either.

I'm not talking about him in general, I just meant how he's playing right now.

All I was saying was, if KD doesn't come back and Klay keeps playing like this the Raptors (if they make it) have a real chance to win.

I know I'm an obvious hater of Durant, but this question is coming from the most impartial part of my body about him: if he doesn't return for the Finals and Golden State wins without him, does that hurt his legacy going forward, especially if he leaves in free agency and he doesn't win another title?

I know @J-ALL-DAY and I have argued about time erasing any issues about how Durant won, but this would definitely add a wrinkle too it.

7 hours ago, showtime said:

Game 1:  10/24 from the field, 3/9 from 3pt line, 1 reb, 3 ast

Game 2:  8/22 from the field, 4/8 from 3pt line, 3 reb, 2 ast

Game 3:  8/20 from the field, 1/5 from 3pt line, 5 reb, 5 ast

Game 4:  7/21 from the field, 3/10 from 3pt line, 6 reb, 2 ast

That was against Portland.

I know against Houston, he didn't play all that well in at least three of those games, either.

I'm not talking about him in general, I just meant how he's playing right now.

All I was saying was, if KD doesn't come back and Klay keeps playing like this the Raptors (if they make it) have a real chance to win.

Klay has been playing well below his standards this playoffs, I dont think theres any doubt about that. The turnovers and poor ball handling are pretty frustrating but the missed shots dont worry me, he'll be fine. 

DeMarcus back at 100% is a huge game changer against both these potential opponents. I expect KD out the entire series like most here speculate. That calf injury in the regular season would take at minimum 6 weeks to heal (see JJ Barea). Game 7 of the finals would be the 5.5 week mark since he hurt it. I dont think the Dubs "rush" him back early because that injury is pretty closely connected to Achilles injuries. 

Nah, don't think KD will be out for the entire finals. He may miss the first two games but should be back after that. This was always going to be 3-4 week injury after they realized it was a little more serious than his past calf injuries that sidelined him for 7-10 days. 

Boogie is just a bonus at this point. But he will be able to play in both series since the Bucks and Raptors both use their bigs quite a bit. Though Lopez is on the perimeter quite a bit and that may be challenging for Boogie. May be better to just bring him off the bench. Boogie hurt Steph more than anyone when he would play. Took too many possessions away from him and wouldn't look for Steph as much when he would be coming off screens opposed to say a Looney or Bell.