2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

38 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's just wild to say a team as great as the Warriors, who have looked excellent all playoffs, should play and give shots to an out of shape center coming off two significant injuries and has only played 30 games with the team in their most high stakes games of the season. 

It's one thing to be cute and let Boogie fire threes against the Pelicans in February and another thing to give dude minutes (coming off an injury!) in the finals. It's just a situation that very few teams would put themselves in or be able to handle....but the Warriors have that room for error! 

Boogie looked pretty brutal when he played earlier this year, imo, and it's only going to be worse. I wouldn't expect too much from him. But, like I said, it's possible I suppose. It's just funny that you said Boogie will be needed lol. They don't need Boogie at all. 

Agreed. I really don’t think he’s gonna have any impact at all at this stage. He was the supreme luxury all year and I don’t think he’ll be right. I mean what is the plan? Is he gonna play 10 mins tonight if cleared?

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not saying they can't or won't win without him, but if KD is out for the entire series? Then yes, I think his scoring will be needed in spots. The offense is going to be brutal when Steph sits. All these wins without KD, Steph has been amazing. He hasn't had one off shooting night or one bad game. What happens if he doesn't have it rolling? And against this defense, he is going to have a game or two where he finds it very tough. You're definitely not getting scoring from Bell or Looney this series lol. 

Yeah I mean if one superstar is out and the other superstar is playing poorly they may just need their other borderline all-nba player to play well and if he isn't playing well then they might need some of their role players to hit open shots that their other borderline all-nba player creates and if they aren't hitting shots it would definitely be nice for Demarcus Cousins to score some post buckets for them

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes. Don't mess with what's been working. Let Cousins work with Klay on the 2nd unit.

I'd bet he's on the court for the opening tip, but mostly used as a second unit scorer when steph needs rest. 

I dont expect Bell to play really at all but Jerebko will play a lot more in this series. Cousins, Looney, the Swede, and a sprinkle of Damion Jones are the big man rotation I'd reckon. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'd bet he's on the court for the opening tip, but mostly used as a second unit scorer when steph needs rest. 

I dont expect Bell to play really at all but Jerebko will play a lot more in this series. Cousins, Looney, the Swede, and a sprinkle of Damion Jones are the big man rotation I'd reckon. 

I think Bogut probably gets the start and then they go Boogie with the 2nd unit for a little stint to see how he's moving/looking. That determines if he gets another stint in the 2nd half. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Bogut probably gets the start and then they go Boogie with the 2nd unit for a little stint to see how he's moving/looking. That determines if he gets another stint in the 2nd half. 

Perhaps Cousins can give another offensive option and surpass Bogut's 2 pts per game average in the playoffs?