2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

To me? I'm not extrapolating my opinion to the audience at large. I'm not a Warriors fan. I've been rooting for LeBron to beat them every year since they met up in the finals. Drake is irrelevant to me. You could probably argue I'm a bit of Raptors hater but they wouldn't be in my 5 most disliked teams so I'm not sure how good a case that would be. You're simplifying the issue too much. It's not "get stars vs. have depth" the Warriors lost stars and role players at a highly unusual rate. It's not like they lost one guy and the whole team fell apart because they hedged all their bets on having that one extra star. They played half the series with 3 starters missing time and others barely functioning.

Except it truly is "get stars vs have depth" lol.. Unless you hit lottery on late round picks who develop quick while paying super star players, having both is simply unrealistic in a salary cap league.

Injuries are very real, thus making what Warriors did a gamble.

Edited by BillsGuy82

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Except it truly is "get stars vs have depth" lol.. Unless you hit lottery on late round picks who develop quick while paying super star players, having both is simply unrealistic in a salary cap league.

You're not debating the same thing as me anymore.

The Warriors sacrificed depth for talent. Agreed. My point is that under any normal circumstances the Warriors, even lacking depth, are still playing this series. They lost an abnormal amount of both talent and depth. You can't say they "This is a gamble the Warriors decided to take" like they went through some normal event. They didn't. They went through catastrophic injuries that could in no way, shape or form have been predicted or expected.

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

You're not debating the same thing as me anymore.

The Warriors sacrificed depth for talent. Agreed. My point is that under any normal circumstances the Warriors, even lacking depth, are still playing this series. They lost an abnormal amount of both talent and depth. You can't say they "This is a gamble the Warriors decided to take" like they went through some normal event. They didn't. They went through catastrophic injuries that could in no way, shape or form have been predicted or expected.

Anddd they had no depth to compensate for it... Case closed

No injuries are predicted or expected my friend. But in professional sports you need to prepare for them

They still steam rolled Portland without Durant, wasnt happening against the bench mob in Toronto

Edited by BillsGuy82

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Anddd they had no depth to compensate for it... Case closed

No injuries are predicted or expected my friend. But in professional sports you need to prepare for them

They still steam rolled Portland without Durant, wasnt happening against the bench mob in Toronto

I'll chalk this up to we don't agree at all. No team can lose 3 starters while having multiple key reserves coming back from injury and win a title. Regardless of depth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I'll chalk this up to we don't agree at all. No team can lose 3 starters while having multiple key reserves coming back from injury and win a title. Regardless of depth.

I'm gonna chalk this up as like most online "debates". Youre debating a hypothetical opinion, like its a fact. Im debating FACTS.

I hope you recognize the difference

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Who lost 3 starters?

GS played the series without 1 starter and lost Klay for what the last 16 minutes of the series?

• Like 1

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm gonna chalk this up as like most online "debates". Youre debating a hypothetical opinion, like its a fact. Im debating FACTS.

I hope you recognize the difference

See, this is low quality posting. You take an argument, start arguing something I'm not, then go lie that I'm claiming my opinion as fact. I have repeatedly stated this my take and my take alone. At least try and stay honest.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

See, this is low quality posting. You take an argument, start arguing something I'm not, then go lie that I'm claiming my opinion as fact. I have repeatedly stated this my take and my take alone. At least try and stay honest.

Ok, I'll be honest. You have a very low quality opinion

So no need to keep this going because you refuse to accept REALITY in your opinion. Similar to my 11 year old daughter

Everything is hypothetical and opinion based at this point and anyone can say whatever dumbass thing they want in regards to the validity of said champion I guess. 

Toronto would have 100% beaten the Warriors even with Klay and KD healthy the entire series. There’s no way to prove this right now. So I’m just gonna say it it’ll be your choice whether or not to argue with me for the next 3 hours or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Ok, I'll be honest. You have a very low quality opinion

So no need to keep this going because you refuse to accept REALITY in your opinion. Similar to my 11 year old daughter

I'll take my low quality opinion over blatantly lying and then calling someone a child for disagreeing with you.

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Everything is hypothetical and opinion based at this point and anyone can say whatever dumbass thing they want in regards to the validity of said champion I guess. 

Toronto would have 100% beaten the Warriors even with Klay and KD healthy the entire series. There’s no way to prove this right now. So I’m just gonna say it it’ll be your choice whether or not to argue with me for the next 3 hours or not. 

No biased and just being real, Dubs in 6 if everyone is healthy. And that would be a nice accomplishment for the Raptors to take two in the series. Giving them that respect. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

You continue to give false equivalencies. I'll make this simple.

The Toronto Raptors had a fantastic team. They earned their way to the finals. They are a championship level team.

They played extremely competitive ball against half a team. Good for them for capitalizing. I get you can only play who is in front of you. You take a title however you can.

That said, it's still half a team. It's not impressive. Beating a team that is missing 3 starters for numerous games, one of which is arguably their best player (who many here think is the best in the NBA-go check the vote) for 5.75 games, another who is a top 5 shooter of all time who was torching the Raptors up until his injury, the third their best defensive center who was ruled out for the postseason at one point and then multiple other rotation guys playing when they probably shouldn't have been is not a big deal (including another ruled out for the postseason). It is highly likely that health was the largest contributor to the Raptors victory and they likely weren't the better team. To me, that's cheap and feels unearned. Congrats on the win but I'm looking back on the 2019 finals like this *

They still beat the #1 team in the East (and NBA) in the conference finals, and the 3rd best team in the east in the 2nd round, and the team with the best record since the all star break in the 1st round. But sure, * away

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

They still beat the #1 team in the East (and NBA) in the conference finals, and the 3rd best team in the east in the 2nd round, and the team with the best record since the all star break in the 1st round. But sure, * away

From the post you quoted.

The Toronto Raptors had a fantastic team. They earned their way to the finals. They are a championship level team.