2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Regular season =/= playoffs 

Well it depends I personally don’t believe so but people either say it means nothing to fit an agenda or say it means something  to fit an agenda and I’ve decided to say it has some value to fit this agenda today. 

21 minutes ago, amac said:

Yeah they might be able to take out Orlando, but anyone who thinks they would have survived an equivalent injury to KD (Kawhi) is kidding themselves

To be fair any other team losing their best player they’d have absolutely no chance I mean when you have let’s say the 2nd, 4th, 10th and 13th best players in the nba along with a former all star and finals mvp on the bench you grade that differently. 

Here’s the deal everyone all year has moved the goal posts on what the raptors are or what they have achieved being meaningful to fit their own agenda and I’m sick of it. Lose game 1 to the magic haha they are a joke. Win the next 4 well it’s just Orlando they did what they had to do. Go down 2-1 to philly haha they suck they aren’t real I told you. Beat Philly on a magical game winner it was lucky I was so ready to gloat. Go down 0-2 to the Bucks they are dead again. Win game 3 in OT welp they played their best and had to go to 2 OTs and Giannis needs to foul out for them to win (disregarding raptors fouling out) they are still dead and the Bucks have only lost 2 in a row all season. Fast forward and the raps win 4-2. Well the Bucks actually didn’t play a good game all series raps were lucky FVV played out of his mind. The Bucks still have the best player and best supporting cast. Then everyone said Warriors in 5 without KD playing and all of a sudden raps win in 6 well KD didn’t play. Klay didn’t either for like a game and a half fakest championship of all time. 

The Toronto Raptors the team that was for so long the butt of all jokes despite having more playoff series wins in recent memory than just Cleveland and GS. A team that has only lost to LeBron in the playoffs the past few years when no other team out east had been able to beat them. Won the god damn title. 

It is my turn to move any and all goal posts to piss you off and bait you into a pointless argument and I think I just might. Many of you making these points root for low level teams that are irrelevant atm so you need to get your jollies some way or another. This is a real championship and I don’t need your validation but if you are gonna spout off verbal diarrhoea that seems to be the most common speech on such a forum go ahead but you are out of your damn mind and if you wanna go at the validity of this right now something you may have never even experienced like I can’t imagine Bucks fans here dealing with this if they won and went through this absolutle hater BS. 

Oh Kyle Lowry is a playoff choker. 26 and 10 in a championship clinching game. Come at me. 

I’d take Kuzma over Pascal. 19/7/3 (roughly) on 54% in the ******* NBA finals. Come at me. 

With the possible exception of Danny Green all the raptors that matter came up big and won a championship. Come at me. 

Go ahead if I deem you worthy I’ll execute every last mother ******* one of you. 

Now come on the Raptors were so ******* good all season. No need to hate or diminish. Appreciate this team slaying a giant and doing something everyone said was impossible even without KD playing a single minute. 

Oh Canada your punishment for allowing a foreign country possession of the Larry O B is that you must convert to the metric system. You can weigh yourself in KGs and feel better about yourself and having an 0 represent freezing temperature makes a whole heck of a lot more sense that an arbitrary 32. Like wtf is that. 

Come on boys nothing but love for 99% of the NBA regulars. Take a damn minute to take in this great team and title run and then we can move on to what could be an historical offseason that changes the nba landscape like a men. No need to waste time with the hate. Let’s go. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And what he did on the other side matters as well. He was going to be benched for game 5 for a reason. 

in the playoffs your guys offense when cousins was in was terrible. His on/off for the playoffs on offense was -21.8 lmao (off: 118.4 vs 96.6). But his d on/off was +5.1 (112.9 off vs 107.8 on).

Of course him playing with the bench and vs the bench has a lot to do with that but the Raps don't really have a real bench cause they are kinda equal players minus the couple minutes Norman plays.

Edited by 11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Here’s the deal everyone all year has moved the goal posts on what the raptors are or what they have achieved being meaningful to fit their own agenda and I’m sick of it. Lose game 1 to the magic haha they are a joke. Win the next 4 well it’s just Orlando they did what they had to do. Go down 2-1 to philly haha they suck they aren’t real I told you. Beat Philly on a magical game winner it was lucky I was so ready to gloat. Go down 0-2 to the Bucks they are dead again. Win game 3 in OT welp they played their best and had to go to 2 OTs and Giannis needs to foul out for them to win (disregarding raptors fouling out) they are still dead and the Bucks have only lost 2 in a row all season. Fast forward and the raps win 4-2. Well the Bucks actually didn’t play a good game all series raps were lucky FVV played out of his mind. The Bucks still have the best player and best supporting cast. Then everyone said Warriors in 5 without KD playing and all of a sudden raps win in 6 well KD didn’t play. Klay didn’t either for like a game and a half fakest championship of all time. 

The Toronto Raptors the team that was for so long the butt of all jokes despite having more playoff series wins in recent memory than just Cleveland and GS. A team that has only lost to LeBron in the playoffs the past few years when no other team out east had been able to beat them. Won the god damn title. 

It is my turn to move any and all goal posts to piss you off and bait you into a pointless argument and I think I just might. Many of you making these points root for low level teams that are irrelevant atm so you need to get your jollies some way or another. This is a real championship and I don’t need your validation but if you are gonna spout off verbal diarrhoea that seems to be the most common speech on such a forum go ahead but you are out of your damn mind and if you wanna go at the validity of this right now something you may have never even experienced like I can’t imagine Bucks fans here dealing with this if they won and went through this absolutle hater BS. 

Oh Kyle Lowry is a playoff choker. 26 and 10 in a championship clinching game. Come at me. 

I’d take Kuzma over Pascal. 19/7/3 (roughly) on 54% in the ******* NBA finals. Come at me. 

With the possible exception of Danny Green all the raptors that matter came up big and won a championship. Come at me. 

Go ahead if I deem you worthy I’ll execute every last mother ******* one of you. 

Now come on the Raptors were so ******* good all season. No need to hate or diminish. Appreciate this team slaying a giant and doing something everyone said was impossible even without KD playing a single minute. 

Oh Canada your punishment for allowing a foreign country possession of the Larry O B is that you must convert to the metric system. You can weigh yourself in KGs and feel better about yourself and having an 0 represent freezing temperature makes a whole heck of a lot more sense that an arbitrary 32. Like wtf is that. 

Come on boys nothing but love for 99% of the NBA regulars. Take a damn minute to take in this great team and title run and then we can move on to what could be an historical offseason that changes the nba landscape like a men. No need to waste time with the hate. Let’s go. 

I liked your case a lot better a few pages ago.

Is TOR a championship worthy team?  No doubt there.  You don’t beat the top 2 teams in the East and then the top West seeded team and defending champs without being worthy.   Let alone winning 3x on the road in Oracle.  

Would GS have been a much better team with KD?  Of course.  No one would argue otherwise.   

As others alluded to - losing top players crippled most teams.  That’s the fickle nature of the playoffs.   That same fickle nature turned in GS’ favor for 2 of their title runs in a big way.   It was neutral for the other.   I don’t begrudge them the easier path in those titles.  I don’t begrudge the Raps ‘title run this year either.   Over time I suspect history will treat this the same way.    I suspect “the buzzer beater” will go down as an iconic moment that puts the Raptors title as respected along with the other memorable ones drama wise.   That’s just playoff life with injuries.  

Nothing but respect for KD Klay & Curry.  Or the Dubs.  Feel awful for Klay & KD.  But that doesn’t lessen my respect and awe for the Raptors’ title.  They earned the championship.  

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

in the playoffs your guys offense when cousins was in was terrible. His on/off for the playoffs on offense was -21.8 lmao (off: 118.4 vs 96.6). But his d on/off was +5.1 (112.9 off vs 107.8 on).

Of course him playing with the bench and vs the bench has a lot to do with that but the Raps don't really have a real bench cause they are kinda equal players minus the couple minutes Norman plays.

In games 3 and 4 he got time with the starters and it was still bad. He was a turnover machine with 7 in like 35 combined minutes in those two games. But he bounced back and was more effective the last two games. Far from perfect, but competed hard and did some nice things. 

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I liked your case a lot better a few pages ago.

Well, This post I know it’s hard on the internet I was hoping to somehow mesh what I have perceived to be unnecessary slights and shots on my team that have gone on all playoffs with sort of a jokey-maliciousness that either I am not a skilled enough writer to represent or what may be an impossible task tonally to try and bring my point altogether. I threw in a couple of shots that were somewhat real but on a serious/joking ratio it was 20/80. 

Anyways, I don’t think I contradict myself at any point and what I had said before I believe to be valid but if people are going to ignore vital points it just gets out of hand. You in general I have no issue with as even though I vehemently disagree with several points you’ve made you are consistent and reasonable and won’t change your mind so I respect that. 

My team just won the championship and is getting **** on. It’s not entirely accurate to do that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

My team just won the championship and is getting **** on. It’s not entirely accurate to do that. 

Because you beat a hobbled GSW team. If KD is healthy the Warriors probably sweep you guys or at most it goes 5 games. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Because you beat a hobbled GSW team. If KD is healthy the Warriors probably sweep you guys or at most it goes 5 games. 

People said without KD this series probably ends in 5 games for the warriors. Seriously you can only beat who’s in front of you look at the 2015 Warriors. They are still champions. This is part of the game. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

People said without KD this series probably ends in 5 games for the warriors. Seriously you can only beat who’s in front of you look at the 2015 Warriors. They are still champions. This is part of the game. 

True that, glad to see Toronto got one. You guys will struggle next year when Kawhi bounces to LA.