2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd say 95% chance it's a sweep with a healthy KD. He was giving the Raptors buckets on one leg before he got hurt. 

Sweep? This team beat a juggernaut in Milwaukee and beat a stacked team in Philly. Golden State also lost two games vs both LAC and Hou. They weren't sweeping the Raptors, don't be a fool. Do I feel confident they would have won with KD? Absolutely, but Raptors are legit and the best team in the league minus a healthy Dubs team and deserve their respect. 

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

True that, glad to see Toronto got one. You guys will struggle next year when Kawhi bounces to LA. 

See now you are just being a **** with remarks like that haha. Whether Kawhi leaves or not the raptors are defending champs and  will make the playoffs regardless it’s not hard in the east oh wait your a Knicks fan I mean it’s like hell chasing that 8th seed only real teams make It the super conference playoffs. If he stays a repeat isn’t out of the question and if he goes we will have a pseudo run make the playoffs and be super fun to watch setting ourselves up for unique re tool possibilities in the future because we have a GM and management that doesn’t suck. 

29 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Well, This post I know it’s hard on the internet I was hoping to somehow mesh what I have perceived to be unnecessary slights and shots on my team that have gone on all playoffs with sort of a jokey-maliciousness that either I am not a skilled enough writer to represent or what may be an impossible task tonally to try and bring my point altogether. I threw in a couple of shots that were somewhat real but on a serious/joking ratio it was 20/80. 

Anyways, I don’t think I contradict myself at any point and what I had said before I believe to be valid but if people are going to ignore vital points it just gets out of hand. You in general I have no issue with as even though I vehemently disagree with several points you’ve made you are consistent and reasonable and won’t change your mind so I respect that. 

My team just won the championship and is getting **** on. It’s not entirely accurate to do that. 

Yeah, I've appreciated your points as well. Hence why I liked a post of yours a few pages back. I get why you feel slighted too. With all the guys I've debated this with from the one I like to the one with maturity issues I never felt a need to quote you because you made thought out and reasonable arguments that I respect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, I've appreciated your points as well. Hence why I liked a post of yours a few pages back. I get why you feel slighted too. With all the guys I've debated this with from the one I like to the one with maturity issues I never felt a need to quote you because you made thought out and reasonable arguments that I respect.

The respect is mutual. I can obviously understand differing opinions about this but there is a bridge too far in some cases and some very unfair points being made and also after re-reading that post it comes across slightly more incoherent and pissy than I wanted in some parts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Here’s the deal everyone all year has moved the goal posts on what the raptors are or what they have achieved being meaningful to fit their own agenda and I’m sick of it. Lose game 1 to the magic haha they are a joke. Win the next 4 well it’s just Orlando they did what they had to do. Go down 2-1 to philly haha they suck they aren’t real I told you. Beat Philly on a magical game winner it was lucky I was so ready to gloat. Go down 0-2 to the Bucks they are dead again. Win game 3 in OT welp they played their best and had to go to 2 OTs and Giannis needs to foul out for them to win (disregarding raptors fouling out) they are still dead and the Bucks have only lost 2 in a row all season. Fast forward and the raps win 4-2. Well the Bucks actually didn’t play a good game all series raps were lucky FVV played out of his mind. The Bucks still have the best player and best supporting cast. Then everyone said Warriors in 5 without KD playing and all of a sudden raps win in 6 well KD didn’t play. Klay didn’t either for like a game and a half fakest championship of all time. 

The Toronto Raptors the team that was for so long the butt of all jokes despite having more playoff series wins in recent memory than just Cleveland and GS. A team that has only lost to LeBron in the playoffs the past few years when no other team out east had been able to beat them. Won the god damn title. 

It is my turn to move any and all goal posts to piss you off and bait you into a pointless argument and I think I just might. Many of you making these points root for low level teams that are irrelevant atm so you need to get your jollies some way or another. This is a real championship and I don’t need your validation but if you are gonna spout off verbal diarrhoea that seems to be the most common speech on such a forum go ahead but you are out of your damn mind and if you wanna go at the validity of this right now something you may have never even experienced like I can’t imagine Bucks fans here dealing with this if they won and went through this absolutle hater BS. 

Oh Kyle Lowry is a playoff choker. 26 and 10 in a championship clinching game. Come at me. 

I’d take Kuzma over Pascal. 19/7/3 (roughly) on 54% in the ******* NBA finals. Come at me. 

With the possible exception of Danny Green all the raptors that matter came up big and won a championship. Come at me. 

Go ahead if I deem you worthy I’ll execute every last mother ******* one of you. 

Now come on the Raptors were so ******* good all season. No need to hate or diminish. Appreciate this team slaying a giant and doing something everyone said was impossible even without KD playing a single minute. 

Oh Canada your punishment for allowing a foreign country possession of the Larry O B is that you must convert to the metric system. You can weigh yourself in KGs and feel better about yourself and having an 0 represent freezing temperature makes a whole heck of a lot more sense that an arbitrary 32. Like wtf is that. 

Come on boys nothing but love for 99% of the NBA regulars. Take a damn minute to take in this great team and title run and then we can move on to what could be an historical offseason that changes the nba landscape like a men. No need to waste time with the hate. Let’s go. 

We walked through the 3 best teams in the NBA and won the Championship. The best team won, lets enjoy this

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This is the NBA finals bro bro, not the first round of the playoffs. KD legit had one leg and busted Kawhi's arse for 13 straight minutes. 

KD had both legs actually.

One did not fall off. Those reports were untrue.

• Like 1

How would you rate Stephs Finals? Kawhi is getting all the credit for avg 28-10-While Steph averaged 30-5-6. While there shooting % were quite similar. 

I think Steph had a real good Finals. He was defended like no other player I have seen before. He was causing chaos and havoc without even having the ball and made some great decisions with the coverage he was getting. Plus the help he had for the most part was poor

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This is the NBA finals bro bro, not the first round of the playoffs. KD legit had one leg and busted Kawhi's arse for 13 straight minutes. 

Unreal minutes from him but it wouldn't have been sustainable.

13 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I think it’s BS and even if they do, no way they have Draymond on that team. Can’t keep them all and Dray plays a crucial role for them. 

They don't need Draymond, imo.  Dude is a liability on offense because he can't shoot and he passes up WIDE OPEN jumpers when the defender sags off of him by 10+ feet.  He can hide on this team because of Curry and Klay (plus Durant).  If you put him on a number of other teams, he would be a pretty good role player on those squads.  He's a really good defender and they'll miss that, but other than that meh.

Really don't think he's all that critical.

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

They don't need Draymond, imo.  Dude is a liability on offense because he can't shoot and he passes up WIDE OPEN jumpers when the defender sags off of him by 10+ feet.  He can hide on this team because of Curry and Klay (plus Durant).  If you put him on a number of other teams, he would be a pretty good role player on those squads.  He's a really good defender and they'll miss that, but other than that meh.

Really don't think he's all that critical.

He's critical in the playoffs. However, they need to make a tough call and he's the first one they'd have to get rid of. The problem is he's due a very large raise next year and he'll be 30.

They should quietly look to see what he could fetch on the market.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's critical in the playoffs. However, they need to make a tough call and he's the first one they'd have to get rid of. The problem is he's due a very large raise next year and he'll be 30.

They should quietly look to see what he could fetch on the market.

Yea, they should just let him go.  He's a really good defender.  He can handle the ball, is a good passer and is unselfish.  But they can get other people on offense who can do those things.  They will miss his defense.  Dude averages like 40+ minutes a game and scores 10 points.  That's absolutely horrid.  He's not a treat on offense.  When I say let him go, that means trade him.  I think I was making it sound like they should let him go for nothing.

As far as Klay goes, I'm really confident he'll come back and be the same Klay we're used to seeing so that's a huge plus.  As long as they have Curry and Klay they'll do a lot of damage in the west.