2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Picking GS, hard not to, but Bucks have best chance at dethroning them since KD arrived. I am assuming KD plays, maybe won’t be 100%, but will still easily at worst be the 3rd best player on court. Definitely rooting for Bucks but going with Warriors in 6.

oh yeah I suppose Raptors are still alive... GS would smoke that 1 man team.

Can we at least unite for a HELLZ YEAH that the boring Cavs are not in the Finals again? 1-8 in the last two Finals for that scrub team, so glad that ratings-killing sadness is dead and buried. Let the East prosper and flourish, finally it's time for some proper Finals basketball again. 

• Like 2

Why are people talking about Durant and Iggy and Cousins in regard to this rest time. They wouldn't be playing anyway. Even if this series went longer they'd be doing the same thing the will be doing. Rest is only relevant to those that would otherwise be playing on the court.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 9:11 AM, showtime said:

So in your opinion, the Warriors are a MUCH worse team when Durant plays?

Warriors are a better team without Durant. They compliment each other extremely well, remind me of the 2004 Pistons although 50x better of course. Let's not forget the Warriors won the NBA Title with ease and won 73 games the following year, without Durant.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Warriors are a better team without Durant. They compliment each other extremely well, remind me of the 2004 Pistons although 50x better of course. Let's not forget the Warriors won the NBA Title with ease and won 73 games the following year, without Durant.

They are not better without Durant, don't get silly now. They were in two dog fights in a row against the Cavs without Durant, and with him they just WASHED the Cavs...Who were likely better in 2017 than they were the year prior. Steph has been awesome the last five games, but if he had a off night? Then you would really see how much Durant helps. With Durant, Steph can have multiple off nights per series and it won't matter. Without Durant? If Steph has an off night then a good chance the offense is getting boggled down and will struggle to score. 

The Blazers series is really messing people's minds, but they are extremely flawed and one of the worst WCF finals teams in the last 15 years. 

Just last year the Dubs were 5-1 to start the playoffs without Curry. A few years prior they beat the Rockets in 5 without Curry and were up 2-1 against the Blazers without him. The team is a well oiled machine regardless. But better without Durant? Laughable. 

• Like 3

It's going to be crazy looking back at this Golden State team.  When it's all said and done - they have the greatest PG ever, the 3rd best wing/perimeter player ever (only behind LeBron and Jordan) and one of the greatest shooters ever (Klay).

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's going to be crazy looking back at this Golden State team.  When it's all said and done - they have the greatest PG ever, the 3rd best wing/perimeter player ever (only behind LeBron and Jordan) and one of the greatest shooters ever (Klay).

They have the best shooter ever at 3 different positions. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

Magic is still the best PG of all time....3rd best wing/perimeter is certainly debatable with Kobe/Bird/Magic not to mention the two you mentioned.

But yeah, overall this team will be looked upon as one of the TRUE all time greats. At or close to the level of the 90s Bulls and with the dominant three peat Lakers and the Lakers/Celtics of the 80s. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Magic is still the best PG of all time....3rd best wing/perimeter is certainly debatable with Kobe/Bird/Magic not to mention the two you mentioned.

But yeah, overall this team will be looked upon as one of the TRUE all time greats. At or close to the level of the 90s Bulls and with the dominant three peat Lakers and the Lakers/Celtics of the 80s. 

I said when it's all said and done, meaning everyone's career is over and we're looking back at those players.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They also got beat by a Cavs team with pretty shoddy depth. I don't think that Cavs team has any chance against the Warriors with KD

6 minutes ago, amac said:

They also got beat by a Cavs team with pretty shoddy depth. I don't think that Cavs team has any chance against the Warriors with KD

Lost Draymond to suspension in Game 5 or else that series is over in 5. If Bogut isn’t injured, they win Game 7. Just a terrible streak of luck that series. Could happen to anyone.