2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I know I'm an obvious hater of Durant, but this question is coming from the most impartial part of my body about him: if he doesn't return for the Finals and Golden State wins without him, does that hurt his legacy going forward, especially if he leaves in free agency and he doesn't win another title?

I know @J-ALL-DAY and I have argued about time erasing any issues about how Durant won, but this would definitely add a wrinkle too it.

I think it would only hurt his legacy if he leaves the Warriors and never wins another title again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, don't think KD will be out for the entire finals. He may miss the first two games but should be back after that. This was always going to be 3-4 week injury after they realized it was a little more serious than his past calf injuries that sidelined him for 7-10 days. 

They announced this? I never heard any timetable given. Great news if so

15 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

They announced this? I never heard any timetable given. Great news if so

Kerr originally thought KD would be back in 7-10 days like he was last time he had this injury...But then later said it was a bit more serious than originally thought so that's when the 3-4 week injury started to pop up. 

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Where did the 3-4 week injury pop-up? That's my question, because I never saw the team/Kerr/anyone give a timetable. 

Experts say grade 1 calf strain = 7-10 days. grade 2 = 4-6 weeks. grade 3 = 3 months 

From this we can obviously say that it's not a grade 1 calf strain.  That means it has to be at least grade 2 or grade 3.  The fact that the Warriors are saying he could be back from the Finals makes me lean more towards a grade 2.  However, I think he still can miss the Finals if it's a grade two and he takes 6 weeks.

He might actually miss the Finals.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Klay just got screwed. He's going to light it up.

Toronto will defend Curry MUCH better than Portland was able to do.  If Durant doesn't play, Klay is going to be uber huge.  If he lights it up, we're going to have a great series.

26 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Toronto needs a healthy OG to at least be a disruptive defender with an occasional 3 pointer.

He might not be able to go.. Shame because he's super athletic and just what they need.. Maybe Powell shines..