2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Put some respect on Kawhi's name mayne. He's arguably the best player on the planet. 

I think he meant treating him like Dame in terms of their defensive game plan (collapsing, boxing him in, etc).  Obviously, everyone knows Leonard is absolutely on an entirely different level than Damian Lillard, so I don't think he meant it as Leonard will struggle just like Dame did.

Dubs in six.

They split the first two games with no Durant and then once he returns the Warriors hold serve at home before the Raptors take game 5. And then that sets up the Warriors leaving Oracle Arena with a bang.

Now if it is 2-0 Raptors with KD presumably missing the first two games? Yeah, then that's a different story and this thing may have to be decided in seven games. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Iggy will be guarding Leonard, and then a lot of KD when he returns.

It will be interesting to see how effective KD is when (if) he returns.
Tell ya true, when he suffered the injury, I thought is was his achilles tendon the way he reached for it.

If KD doesn't play, then the matchup is really interesting.   Because as others pointed out, the Raptors probably don't have enough guys who create on their own outside of Leonard - a really interesting twist in Game 6 was that Van Vleet and Lowry had a nice 2-man game going in that early 4Q run.  That's probably their best hope for a creator to come forward, other than Powell.

If the Dubs were at full strength, I don't see  how TOR would hang with them.  But a major underrated component to TOR's game is their team D.  It's stellar when they have OG Anunoby completing that frontcourt D rotation, and even without him, it's really the most agile, get-in-your-face D the league's had, at least by my limited viewing.    Still, it's not like GS hasn't faced great D's before, either.

The 2 victories TOR had over GS need to be taken with a grain of salt - Curry wasn't playing in one of those L's.    But yeah, I'd be surprised if the series didn't go 6+ if KD isn't right.   Those GS-in-4 hot takes after TOR won, I really don't see it.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

If KD doesn't play, then the matchup is really interesting.   Because as others pointed out, the Raptors probably don't have enough guys who create on their own outside of Leonard - a really interesting twist in Game 6 was that Van Vleet and Lowry had a nice 2-man game going in that early 4Q run.  That's probably their best hope for a creator to come forward, other than Powell.

If the Dubs were at full strength, I don't see  how TOR would hang with them.  But a major underrated component to TOR's game is their team D.  It's stellar when they have OG Anunoby completing that frontcourt D rotation, and even without him, it's really the most agile, get-in-your-face D the league's had, at least by my limited viewing.    Still, it's not like GS hasn't faced great D's before, either.

The 2 victories TOR had over GS need to be taken with a grain of salt - Curry wasn't playing in one of those L's.    But yeah, I'd be surprised if the series didn't go 6+ if KD isn't right.   Those GS-in-4 hot takes after TOR won, I really don't see it.   

Siakam can create.