2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

25 minutes ago, Rein said:

Any Michigan fans in here? I noticed Josh Uche a lot last year when watching tape on Winovich - how is he performing and would he fit into our defense?

I've only watched one cut up of his, but I certainly think he could be an option. Particularly if we do let Judon go. That would leave us lacking depth wise at SAM, where Bowser would become the full time starter. After Tyus no other EDGE player on the roster has any sort of coverage ability. And Michigan dropped Uche a good amount from what I saw. So he would naturally fit in our pipeline on the strong side there. As a pure rusher I haven't seen anything next level. He has decent burst, some speed to power potential, but overall I came away from him with a pretty meh outlook. Again, I've only watched one game though.

So yea I think he could definitely fit into the defense. Start out as a rotational guy, and maybe develop into a starter if we don't resign either Judon or Bowser. That 30% win rate isn't reflective of what I saw to this point, but I'm interested in watching more of him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I've only watched one cut up of his, but I certainly think he could be an option. Particularly if we do let Judon go. That would leave us lacking depth wise at SAM, where Bowser would become the full time starter. After Tyus no other EDGE player on the roster has any sort of coverage ability. And Michigan dropped Uche a good amount from what I saw. So he would naturally fit in our pipeline on the strong side there. As a pure rusher I haven't seen anything next level. He has decent burst, some speed to power potential, but overall I came away from him with a pretty meh outlook. Again, I've only watched one game though.

So yea I think he could definitely fit into the defense. Start out as a rotational guy, and maybe develop into a starter if we don't resign either Judon or Bowser. That 30% win rate isn't reflective of what I saw to this point, but I'm interested in watching more of him.

Agreed. But he does have some freak athleticism. I didn’t really notice it until you slow the play down. But look at some of the plays where he and Winovich separate from blocks. Some where Chase is much closer and you think he’s easily going to get the sack, but this guy plants his foot into the ground and gets there first. Winovich ran a 4.59, so we’re talking some impressive athleticism.

Honestly I think we see with Uche a guy, like you said that you develop. I don’t have much confidence in our LB coach necessarily, but if Uche can develop a spin move and add it to his repertoire he would seriously elevate his game. Because as a tackle you can plan to stop him by nullifying his outside rush and just worry, like you said, about his speed to power aspect. However if like a Dwight Freeney he has a spin move suddenly a tackle has to potentially give up some leverage for the concern that if they don’t they give up the inside spin. If they do that, they can’t completely nullify his speed rush.

So all that being said, I would say you take this guy in the third round and by year three he’s really emerging as a serious contributor. That said, there are obviously other defenders I like better: Curtis Weaver being exhibit a. I think Weaver is the obvious perfect fit for how we like to play defense and the strengths he brings to the table.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So all that being said, I would say you take this guy in the third round and by year three he’s really emerging as a serious contributor. That said, there are obviously other defenders I like better: Curtis Weaver being exhibit a. I think Weaver is the obvious perfect fit for how we like to play defense and the strengths he brings to the table.

I like Weaver too. I just don't think he's going to be there. Which sucks.

I saw a PFF article mention this kid's separation ability and speed, which automatically triggered my "Good fit for Lamar" radar. Well, they weren't wrong. Hightower has easy speed, an extra gear deep, and the best part is he could be had for likely just a Mid Round pick. Reminds me a bit of Mike Wallace.

More dynamic speed will only help the offense, and we need Marquise Brown insurance. 

He doesn't have a lot of footage readily available but Bryce Huff seems like a solid sleeper. He's a tweener with great burst, yet he's also active against the run. Really good pop in his hits too. Looks like he received a Senior Bowl invitation. So I'm excited to see more of him there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

He doesn't have a lot of footage readily available but Bryce Huff seems like a solid sleeper. He's a tweener with great burst, yet he's also active against the run. Really good pop in his hits too. Looks like he received a Senior Bowl invitation. So I'm excited to see more of him there.

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I agree. I was watching a James Lynch cut up and was surprised at how violent Baylor's DBs were hitting. With Chris Miller being the main culprit. He's a beast and racks up targeting penalties like they're on sale. He's one to look out for.

Edited by DreamKid

Related image

This is almost too comical......

Quincy Roche is from Randallstown Maryland, went to school and set the Sack Record at New Town High School in Owing Mills. Now he's at Temple, where he earned a single digit jersey. Oh, and he's an early round EDGE prospect. 

Golly gee, do you think he's gonna be on our radar?

You can F'n pencil in your Predict the pick now lol. We will select Quincy Roche at Pick #32. 

Highest pressure %, FBS edge defenders (min. 125 rushes): 1. Josh Uche, Michigan – 25.3% 2. Chase Young, OSU – 22.8% 3. Terrell Lewis, Alabama – 22.2% 4. Chris Rumph II, Duke – 21.7% 5. Curtis Weaver, Boise St – 20.9% 6. Jordan Smith, UAB – 20.8% 7. Quincy Roche, Temple – 20.0%

Most total pressures, FBS edge defenders through Week 12: 1. James Lynch, Baylor – 61 2. Quincy Roche, Temple – 59 3. Curtis Weaver, Boise St – 53 3. Patrick Jones II, Pitt – 53 5. Bradlee Anae, Utah – 51 6. Bryce Huff, Memphis - 47 6. A.J. Epenesa, Iowa – 47

19 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Related image

This is almost too comical......

Quincy Roche is from Randallstown Maryland, went to school and set the Sack Record at New Town High School in Owing Mills. Now he's at Temple, where he earned a single digit jersey. Oh, and he's an early round EDGE prospect. 

Golly gee, do you think he's gonna be on our radar?

You can F'n pencil in your Predict the pick now lol. We will select Quincy Roche at Pick #32. 

Highest pressure %, FBS edge defenders (min. 125 rushes): 1. Josh Uche, Michigan – 25.3% 2. Chase Young, OSU – 22.8% 3. Terrell Lewis, Alabama – 22.2% 4. Chris Rumph II, Duke – 21.7% 5. Curtis Weaver, Boise St – 20.9% 6. Jordan Smith, UAB – 20.8% 7. Quincy Roche, Temple – 20.0%

Most total pressures, FBS edge defenders through Week 12: 1. James Lynch, Baylor – 61 2. Quincy Roche, Temple – 59 3. Curtis Weaver, Boise St – 53 3. Patrick Jones II, Pitt – 53 5. Bradlee Anae, Utah – 51 6. Bryce Huff, Memphis - 47 6. A.J. Epenesa, Iowa – 47

New Town Titans... Bastards took my team out of the playoffs my senior year. It was a Chargers type scenario from last season. We played them in back to back weeks. Regular season and then playoffs. Game went to triple overtime in the regular season and we suffered two concussions that didn’t clear and dislocated shoulder. We played both ways offense and defense since we were a smaller school.

So of course without our starting RBs, and backup RB that doubled as our starting OLBs and ILB, we lose the playoffs to them 21-7. Had to bring up JV players to fill the spots and they weren’t ready. But that was back in 2007. But yeah.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

New Town Titans... Bastards took my team out of the playoffs my senior year. It was a Chargers type scenario from last season. We played them in back to back weeks. Regular season and then playoffs. Game went to triple overtime in the regular season and we suffered two concussions that didn’t clear and dislocated shoulder. We played both ways offense and defense since we were a smaller school.

So of course without our starting RBs, and backup RB that doubled as our starting OLBs and ILB, we lose the playoffs to them 21-7. Had to bring up JV players to fill the spots and they weren’t ready. But that was back in 2007. But yeah.

lol Well hopefully that doesn't bias you against Quincy, who I'm sure will be mocked to us 10 millions times. He's super under the radar right now. He hasn't been mentioned once on Draft Network or by the other big draft guys, but it's a Marcus Davenport situation where it's so easy to predict his rise. I think Chase Young, Yetur Gross-Matos, AJ Epenesa, and Curtis Weaver are going to be the guaranteed gone guys. While Roche should be in our range.

7 EDGE players went in the first 29 picks in last year's draft. Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell, Josh Allen, Rashan Gary, Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, and LJ Collier. I think we'll be picking at #32 in this next one so hopefully Roche continues to look good and stays within our range.