2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

DJ's Top 50- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098476/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospect-rankings-for-2020-nfl-draft-10

We're bound to take someone off that list, and at first glance it looks like our needs align pretty well with the draft class's top end talent. 

Should be a fun draft for EDC getting his second swing at it. We have our 2nd Round Pick this go around, and 7 picks total(Conditional 7th Rounder from Jets still in limbo). #Don'tForgetThePatriotsGaveUsA4thForEluemunor

Top Needs (List not ranking)

WR- Marquise Brown is our only weapon at the position, and his health can never be counted on. Snead is a role player. We need more dynamic options at the position. 

DI- There's just a flat out lack of disruption against the pass from the position and that needs to change. Pierce will leave in FA. Williams is one note and in his 30s. Wormley is at best a 'Do your job decently- but never impressively' body at the position. And our sole pipeline youth talent at the position is Daylon Mack.... Major Need.

EDGE- Some balls are up in the air, with Judon and McPhee's futures with the team undecided. Regardless though, it's still a significant need. There's not a single pass rusher in the entire front that can justify extra attention, let alone wreck a game. And beyond UFA McPhee, none can claim any sort of consistent or reliable impact against the run. 

IOL- We need to inject the interior of the line with some top end talent. And if Yanda retires this need becomes dire. In fact, I wouldn't criticize anyone that currently considers it our biggest need. With Yanda very close to or at the end of his run, Skura rehabbing, Boze JAG-ing, and Mekari/Powers our only upside options at the postion...no one should feel comfortable. And not feeling comfortable with your OL means you have to act.

S- Jefferson is gone, Carr(Who was forced into a Safety role) and Levine(UFA) could be as well, Earl Thomas is a DB turning 31, and Deshon Elliot(while promising) hasn't been able to keep himself off of IR. As a result, this is a much bigger need than most realize. We rarely field more than one LB anymore and frequently rely on a bevy of versatile DBs to maximize the impact of Wink's scheme. Don't sleep on us adding multiple bodies to the position room this offseason.

ILB- Peanut and Bynes are UFAs. Fort is a rotational piece and STer. Board didn't meet the team's expectations and struggled with concussions. While Alaka followed up a very promising preseason with an IR bid. Not the biggest need in the world, but not the smallest either- especially if we don't retain Bynes.

CB- We could lose Smith and Carr both in one offseason. And with Averett crashing so hard after an encouraging Rookie season our God-Tier depth at the position is in jeopardy. Marlon, Marcus, and Tavon project as the starting triumvirate for the foreseeable future, but we to need to reestablish upside depth behind them. Two injuries to a CB room can swing an obscene amount of games. It's nothing to play around with.

KR/PR- The Ravens actually acquiring a great returner would put us that much closer to Ring #3. Not an exaggeration. It's been a major issue for this team for a while now and Cyrus Jones briefly taunting us with his play during the 18' season makes it hurt that much more. I mean, it's great that Lamar can put together 90 yard drives.... but it would nice if he didn't have to.

Lesser Needs

QB- RG3 sucks. McSorley most likely won't ever develop into a reliable #2. It would be nice if we could identify a stronger option to grow/pair with Lamar, and to lead our preseason dynasty.

HB- Ingram is in his 30s, and while Hill flashed late in the season(kind of)- I think everyone is very skeptical of just what he's going to be for this team. Edwards is rock solid, but I'm all for the team finding another dynamic option if they can. 

• Like 3

Well I can only concur. I think that is a fair assessment of our needs and issues.

I feel a lot of it can be fixed with bringing back Jimmy Smith and Brandon Carr. Keeping McPhee as well and our "needs" for the draft and free agency are 1 great talent on the oline, 1 playmaker at wide receiver in which there are plenty in this draft, we could find 2 pass rushers in the draft and add dline in free agency and there are plenty of running backs who fall in the draft that we could add.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

DJ's Top 50- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098476/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospect-rankings-for-2020-nfl-draft-10

We're bound to take someone off that list, and at first glance it looks like our needs align pretty well with the draft class's top end talent. 

Crazy, every year seems like some of the prospects I see as low on these in-season draft rankings that I think might be sleepers end up being much higher. Hayden Hurst was one of those guys in the past. Now it seems Cesar Ruiz and K’Lavonn Chaison are those meteoric risers. Listed as day 2 guys that jumped off the tape that now seem like they’ll be first round features moving forward. Oh well... hopefully Donovan Peoples-Jones stays under the radar.

• Like 1

I think Alaka might have a good shot at taking on the MIKE duties this upcoming season. It's not an every-down position anymore and that dude is good. Hopefully he's healthy.

I'm more concerned about the true off-ball guy that drops and plays in space. Baltimore needs, and has needed, someone with range there for a long time. That they trust more than they did Kenny Young I suppose. Sounds like could Davis-Gaither fit the bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I. WANT. LAVISKA. SHENAULT. JR.

IT. IS. DESTINY.

THAT. IS. ALL

I’m not sure how him and Julio are similar? What do you like about Shenault exactly, I look at him and feel consistently underwhelmed with his game cut ups. Though I will admit I was equally not impressed with Deebo Samuel as a prospect which is why I’m more “open minded” with Shenault.

29 minutes ago, Danand said:

Everytime I hear rap music on a video, I shut it off.

You must shut a lot off then, cause I can't remember the last highlight I've seen that didn't have a full song or at least a rap beat. Pure cut ups are probably your best bet.

55 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

You must shut a lot off then, cause I can't remember the last highlight I've seen that didn't have a full song or at least a rap beat. Pure cut ups are probably your best bet.

Those are typically the ones I go for. I prefer the "raw" film instead of the edited ones, and the raw ones rarely feature anything but commentators

On 1/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

I. WANT. LAVISKA. SHENAULT. JR.

IT. IS. DESTINY.

THAT. IS. ALL

This young man seems like a good prospect! Catches the ball naturally with his hands. Does a great job at attacking the ball. Cuts and gets back to full speed quickly. Also running the wildcat, shows he has great power and vision as a runner. I like that he plays outside and in the slot. He’s versatile in that respect