2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

Josh Uche looked good at the Senior Bowl. I wonder if he will rise into to the first round? Seems like a versatile player who plays the runs disciplined and really gets after the QB when opportunities present themselves. I wish he would finish more plays but we could really use the chaos he creates. Bradley Anae likewise rushes the passer excellently but I’m uncertain about his abilities in the run game.

8 hours ago, Rein said:

Josh Uche looked good at the Senior Bowl. I wonder if he will rise into to the first round? Seems like a versatile player who plays the runs disciplined and really gets after the QB when opportunities present themselves. I wish he would finish more plays but we could really use the chaos he creates. Bradley Anae likewise rushes the passer excellently but I’m uncertain about his abilities in the run game.

I am huge on Uche, I think he is going to be really good once he learns some more pass rush moves. 

Everything I watched on Anae was bad. Great hustle, could string together a few moves, but too slow and unathletic and often completely stonewalled and taken out of games.

Haven't seen the senior bowl game yet, and I might review him, but so far there are 10 prospects I would much rather have than Anae.

39 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

-http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

"Marcus Peters and Marlon Humphrey are solid starters, but the Ravens could use another CB to fill out the room".

^^^ Bucky Brooks' explanation for  mocking CB Kristian Fulton to us......

Bucky, I don't know, he has a great partner in Daniel Jeremiah, but Bucky himself doesn't seem like he follow the NFL that much.

Ofc, it doesn't say if he expects Ravens not resigning Carr, Smith and Tavon Young being injured again next season, then it would make sense to draft another outside corner to sit behind Peters and Humphrey.

If anything, we should be looking at slot cornerbacks in this draft.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

I think he fits the player we like as well. That is our 3-5 tech that can play the run and just being a physical SOB in general.

He likens himself to Cameron Jordon, but said most scouts have told him they want him inside as a penetrating 1 tech. Either way he's certainly versatile. Can play up and down the line, and has much more upside athletically than a guy like Courtney Upshaw imo. He's the type of player frequently targeted by us and the Pats. 

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

He likens himself to Cameron Jordon, but said most scouts have told him they want him inside as a penetrating 1 tech. Either way he's certainly versatile. Can play up and down the line, and has much more upside athletically than a guy like Courtney Upshaw imo. He's the type of player frequently targeted by us and the Pats. 

I compared him to a more explosive Courtney Upshaw in a mock I did on a danish board, så yeah, I agree with that comparison. 

• Like 1

@Danand Saw you mentioned KJ Hamler a couple times. Allow me to join that bandwagon too. Exact explosive weapon this offense needs, and he'll only be 20 yo on draft day. Love his upside, return ability too. Pairing him with Lamar and Hollywood would be beautiful. If he's still there- as of now he'd be the ideal 2nd Round Pick imo. 

KJ Hamler would provide much of the same Marquise Brown does. I don't know if we are an offense that could/want to fit two of those types.

The Chiefs does it, but they rely so much on Mahomes arm, that cheetas like Hartman, Watkins, Hill, Harris are better fits there.

On the other hand, Hamler and Brown would provide insane miss matches in the speed department and might be able to transcend our offense into a more balanced one with the ability to stretch defenses more.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

KJ Hamler would provide much of the same Marquise Brown does. I don't know if we are an offense that could/want to fit two of those types.

I wonder the same thing. 

Just how effective could the outside run game be with two guys as small as Hamler & Hollywood outside trying to block?  They'd probably open up more chances for Lamar to scramble for 20+ yards when we run 4-verts though xD

Really like what I've seen of Justin Jefferson WR LSU. Gives me Michael Thomas vibes. High praise I know, but he flashes similar ability in a very similar role to that of Thomas' with the Saints. Dominant and hyper efficient slot producer. Long frame with elite natural hands. Super smooth operator that creates consistent MOF separation and can win in contested situations. Underrated YAC ability, and I think he'll test much better than people expect. Good willing blocker too. He's tough, reliable, and a constant threat/target. 

High floor prospect with a significantly slept on ceiling. And his dominance inside the hashes obviously syncs up well with Lamar's strengths as a passer.

Overall, he just really pops as a player who the position comes naturally too. It's easy for him. Uncovering, tracking, catching, etc etc. And that's who finds success in the league at WR- 9/10. I'm happy with and beyond confident in planting my flag early on him. Far from settled on who I actually want to be the pick in the 1st, still have a lot of players to review, but Justin Jefferson would certainly be a great addition should his name be the one that's called.

7 hours ago, Danand said:

If Skuras injury really is as bad as someone in here wrote, I immediately put oline at the top. 

With all the wide receivers we are talking about, some is bound to fall to the 3-4 round and we can get quality.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-injury-update-20200112-y6bj75liyzcwxpndd5x3ymndxy-story.html

Skura tore his ACL, PCL, MCL, and dislocated his knee cap... I know he said he expects to be back by training camp...   but that’s a hell of an injury and with it happening so late in the season, I’d be shocked if he’s at his 2019 level. This just sounds like even with a little HGH in his recovery (illegal only if caught) it’s more of a year recovery period... this sounds brutal. But I’m not a doctor so what do I know. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by diamondbull424