2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

7 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I found it interesting that Javon Kinlaw met with the Bills this week via FaceTime. What's interesting about his meeting with Buffalo is that the Bills don't have a first-round pick.

Do you think they could be expecting him to drop due to uncertainty around his knee? 

I believe teams are just doing their due diligence, or what it is called. 

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

Memphis RB/WR/gadget player who was used in the slot a lot.  Had 38 catches and 36 rushes for the entire season

Also a returner. Size/speed ration is pretty crazy. Instead of focusing on A.J. Dillon as a replacement for Derrick Henry, I could se Gibson being a better fit

4 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Honestly not seeing what's so great about Queen or Murray. Seems like both are just benefitting from a weak class. 

While I for sure agree when it comes to Murray... as I think he looks like a high 3rd round talent based off of his lack of instincts. I think Queen is a legit mid 2nd round talent getting pushed up the board. Queen had inconsistencies early in the season that make me think late 2nd round/3rd round. But then he also later in the season in those playoffs looked like a late 1st round talent IMO. But we’ve seen only flashes of dominance and not career consistency. So if we take his dominant playoffs and consider his age and the pedigree of LSU linebackers in the pros and it’s easy for me to project him to a late 1st round slot. Because if his playoff ability hold true, he’s going to be a sideline to sideline player with strong instincts and some quality as a coverage LB option. Queens potential is incredibly enticing IMO.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

But then he also later in the season in those playoffs looked like a late 1st round talent IMO. But we’ve seen only flashes of dominance and not career consistency.

To be fair to him, this was his first year with significant time. 

I'm with DB. Queen is solid upside 2nd Round option getting pushed up the board, while Murray is just not up to par(Arthur Brown 2.0 imo).

• Like 1

What's everyone's thoughts on Troy Dye? The closer we get to the draft, the less enamored I become with Murray and Queen, especially in the 1st/2nd round. If Dye can be had in the late 3rd/4th, I think he'd be a perfect fit for our rotation at ILB. With Clark having the green dot, Dye's primary responsibility would just be to be the homing missile he is, darting from sideline to sideline and occasionally being asked to rush the passer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

To be fair to him, this was his first year with significant time. 

I'm with DB. Queen is solid upside 2nd Round option getting pushed up the board, while Murray is just not up to par(Arthur Brown 2.0 imo).

Oh absolutely. Which is why it’s very difficult for me to gauge how I feel about him exactly. Early in the season it’s hard for me to distinguish between him and Jordyn Brooks. However second half of the season and it’s hard for me to distinguish between he and say... Devin Bush Jr. as a talent... heck, one could argue he was even more disruptive hence the defensive MVP.

But the Devins’ (White and Bush) gave us a couple seasons of that production, having performed in their age 19 and age 20 seasons at a high level. But they also went 5th and 10th respectively in the 2019 draft. So with Queen this could be a crazy but low scenario. At his best I think I like him more than I liked Devin Bush, so obtaining THAT level of player at pick 28 would be an INSANE value.

It’s also explainable why he likely didn’t play above Jacob Phillips considering Phillips has the better “thumper” frame to play next to the Devin White, while White could play more of the rover role that Queen plays now. But he still was only a part time player at the beginning of the season and that still begs questioning. Was he immature, slow to pickup the playbook, not as good of a practice player? There is definitely a lot to unpack there. But he’s still pretty darn young at only 20 and if NFL version of PQ looks like his late season form... there might not be a better first round value than what Queen night present. There doesn’t necessarily seem to be any “safe” picks for us to make late I round one outside of maybe Antoine Winfield Jr.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Troy Dye? The closer we get to the draft, the less enamored I become with Murray and Queen, especially in the 1st/2nd round. If Dye can be had in the late 3rd/4th, I think he'd be a perfect fit for our rotation at ILB. With Clark having the green dot, Dye's primary responsibility would just be to be the homing missile he is, darting from sideline to sideline and occasionally being asked to rush the passer.

I think he’s pretty good. At first I really like what I saw then I realized he looked lazy jogging to plays too many times and then taking bad angles on other occasions. Common trend amongst most of the LBs in this class for sure. I wouldn’t be upset if we took him, but he’s also not my favorite. Would have him ranked similarly with that LB from App St. I like Brooks more than Dye though, think he brings more to the table from an athleticism standpoint. Dye is also overaged and mostly what he is at this point. While Patrick Queen will be 21 to start the year, Dye will be 24, same with Logan Wilson. Brooks and Harrison are probably 22, but I can’t find their ages yet.

Is it a huge deal? Not really as Zack Baun is also 24 come very late December, but he plays a more premium position which is why it bothers me less. I don’t see much potential for Dye to improve as much moving forward.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

There doesn’t necessarily seem to be any “safe” picks for us to make late I round one outside of maybe Antoine Winfield Jr.

Picking young players with great production and athleticism profiles that had early success/impact in their CFB careers. Those are the safest picks you can make.

From there you can toss in things like level of competition(SEC vs DII), NFL bloodlines, Injury History, etc.

Not really a ton of those guys at our big 'need' positions. Which has kind of made the early portion of the draft a minefield for us.

• Like 1

Feel like

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

From the pre-draft presser going on right now.

Feel like we'll take WR/OL with 2/3 first picks. And I totally agree. It's probably been the main (or one of) reason why we've lost our last two playoff games

Edited by M.10.E

21 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Feel like

Feel like we'll take WR/OL with 2/3 first picks. And I totally agree. It's probably been the main (or one of) reason why we've lost our last two playoff games

WR/OL, and then whichever of ILB and EDGE constitutes the best value at a given spot. Think that has to be the gameplan going into the first two rounds.