2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

Kristian Fulton, LSU

Another top guy in this class that I actually feel is a top guy. Fulton and Grant Delpit are both studs in the secondary. We would do well to select one if we get a chance.

The only downside with Fulton is that he isn’t a very good tackler from what I’ve seen. He’s aggressive but has poor technique.

Edited by diamondbull424

12 hours ago, Danand said:

I am looking at Antoine Brooks from Maryland, another one of those safeties like Anthony Levine who could be useed in a variety of ways

Speaking of Maryland, I like what I see from Tino Ellis. Stands out as athletic, aggressively attacks ball carriers, sticks tight to his man. He’s certainly on my radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t want to hijack the other thread, but this was a great matchup to watch the top centers play. If Harbaugh is out, one would definitely have to think Cesar Ruiz will also for sure come out.

I was on the Tyler Biadasz train, but Ruiz just consistently looks to be on another level of dominance. Biadasz is very technically sound and makes great decisions but I’m not sure there’s a weakness in Ruiz’s game other than speed. He’s not fast but he’s like a clone of Travis Frederick just an ox, while Biadasz is probably more like a slightly less athletic Alex Mack.

Edited by diamondbull424

On 9/13/2019 at 3:50 AM, Danand said:

I had guessed it was #7 even before I opened the video. That guy pops as well.

In general Maryland has a lot of interesting players this year. Will be fun to follow although I can't see college football. 

On 9/12/2019 at 7:52 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Speaking of Maryland, I like what I see from Tino Ellis. Stands out as athletic, aggressively attacks ball carriers, sticks tight to his man. He’s certainly on my radar.

A guy Maryland was targeting/pursuing hard who went to Dematha just down the road, but ended up going to OSU... Chase Young, Edge would be such a nice addition to this team next year. A lot of football to be played, but I’m guessing he’ll be drafted well before our first round pick at this rate. 

6 hours ago, sp6488 said:

A guy Maryland was targeting/pursuing hard who went to Dematha just down the road, but ended up going to OSU... Chase Young, Edge would be such a nice addition to this team next year. A lot of football to be played, but I’m guessing he’ll be drafted well before our first round pick at this rate. 

Yeah, he’s a top 5 pick. Barring injury that ain’t happening at all. Since we’ll be picking at pick #32, I can’t see us being within range.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Essang Bassey. I’m sure there’s newer tape on this guy somewhere, but he looks good in his sophomore tape.

Also watching this boy it reminds me of how overrated Kelvin Harmon was by the media. Dude has subpar hands at best.

Bassey is a superstar. I was very sad he didn't declare this past season. That's my boy right there.

• Like 1

Draft Crush Initiated. Sequencing. Draft Crush Activated.

My first “guy” of the 2020 draft season has been located. Jacoby Stevens is a hybrid player. His skillset would lend itself very well to replacing either Peanut, Levine, or both. You plug him in at weakside linebacker but in passing sets he also stays on as the nickel linebacker.

He’s displayed great talent in coverage be it zone or man, does a great job taking on blocks, knifing through gaps to make TFL, has some blitz ability, and does a nice job as a technique wrap up tackler.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's obvious that we're going to slam defense over and over in the coming draft. If we were to keep that Oklahoma Offense streak alive though, boy would I (obviously) love to add CeeDee Lamb. He's projected in that Top 10-15 territory, but with how players how fallen in the draft lately. I'm kind of over allowing that to cloud my draft wishes.

Edited by DreamKid

On 10/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Draft Crush Initiated. Sequencing. Draft Crush Activated.

My first “guy” of the 2020 draft season has been located. Jacoby Stevens is a hybrid player. His skillset would lend itself very well to replacing either Peanut, Levine, or both. You plug him in at weakside linebacker but in passing sets he also stays on as the nickel linebacker.

He’s displayed great talent in coverage be it zone or man, does a great job taking on blocks, knifing through gaps to make TFL, has some blitz ability, and does a nice job as a technique wrap up tackler.

Stevens is an absolute stud and who we need on this defense. A straight up playmaker. Was terrific when used to shutdown Kyle Pitts in the second half of that LSU/Florida game. Did better than Grant Delpit and definitely better than the LBers.

We have bigger needs along the defense (IPR/EPR), but playmakers like Stevens cannot be passed up.

I agree, we need these LB/S hybrids. The "heavier" guys in the Levine/Elliot/Clark range and the slight lighter more coverage savvy guys like a Shyheim Carter,

Think we already discussed Antoine Brooks a little, he fits the mold as well

• Like 1