2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-injury-update-20200112-y6bj75liyzcwxpndd5x3ymndxy-story.html

Skura tore his ACL, PCL, MCL, and dislocated his knee cap... I know he said he expects to be back by training camp...   but that’s a hell of an injury and with it happening so late in the season, I’d be shocked if he’s at his 2019 level. This just sounds like even with a little HGH in his recovery (illegal only if caught) it’s more of a year recovery period... this sounds brutal. But I’m not a doctor so what do I know. 🤷‍♂️ 

Even if it is partial tears or "less complicated" tears, that is still a whole lot of damage and as you suggest, thats a lot to overcome in less than a year. From my own experience, tearing my ligaments and tendon directly off the bone in my ankle was so fortunate compared to the tears in my rotator cuff and labrums in my shoulder, as it was so much easier to recover from. Obviously we don't know the full extend on Skuras injury, but he has to be really lucky to have experienced the same, if that is even possible in the knee.

If Yanda retires, we look at Stanley, Bozeman, Mekari, Powers, Brown, which is not bad, but I also think most of us agree Bozeman and Mekari are somewhat limited in their upside, while Hurst seems like a backup we prefer in that role. Powers is obviously an unknown and could be a surprise, but I don't like taking that chance. Instead I would like a player with significant upside that could either develop quick or force Mekari, Bozeman, Powers into a backup role.

• Like 1

Skura's injury was the same one that Nico Siragusa suffered a couple years ago. Except I don't think he dislocated his knee cap in addition to the ligament tears. That basically ended Nico's career before it even started. As of right now I'm not really expecting anything from him for a while. The Ravens have Mekari and Bozeman that can play center right now. They're still probably fine there if/when an upgrade to Bozeman as the starting left guard is made. 

• Like 2

Seems like Ross Blacklock presents much of what we're looking for at DI. Freaky mobility for his size and strong juice/twitch. DJ has him at 18 on his big board already, but I think he has a more realistic shot to fall. He's similar to Derwin James in that he was a big prospect coming out of HS who burst onto the scene as a true freshman, only to lose his 2nd year to injury. Came back as a true junior and flashed once again. With only 2 years of CFB under him, and one of those coming off of injury, it's reasonable to assume his best football is in front of him. 

... I mean, look at this. 

He isn't as good as someone like last year's Jeffrey Simmons(obviously), but it would be unreasonable to expect a player of that caliber picking where we are anyway. What he brings is pass rushing/interior disruption upside, and profiles similar to a Gerald McCoy type going forward. He needs to refine/expand his pass rush move arsenal and process better against the run, but overall he's a great young athlete with sky high potential. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Danand said:

If Skuras injury really is as bad as someone in here wrote, I immediately put oline at the top. 

With all the wide receivers we are talking about, some is bound to fall to the 3-4 round and we can get quality.

I think O-line help should be of top priority anyway regardless of Skura's injury or if Yanda retires. Do you have someone in mind that we should look at?

Also, I'm on the Jefferson hype train. My cousin convinced me last week.

This kid will play right into EDC's small school fetish. Possible Levine replacement. Big time LB/S hybrid potential, and crazily he has legit return ability. He's even over aged!- You know how much our FO loves that... Dugger proved he was legit at the Senior Bowl, and it will be exciting to see what he does at the combine. Love watching these small school guys earn themselves money.

I Hate stuff like this >:(.

From PFF on LSU RG Damien Lewis -

Lewis was born to play guard in the NFL. At 6-foot-3, 332 pounds, Lewis looks as if he couldn't get under 300 pounds even if he trained for a marathon. He also looks like he wouldn't cede an inch on a bull-rush against a Mac truck. And he routinely didn't until Auburn's Derrick Brown came along. While Brown got him a couple of times in that game, the matchup was must-see TV for any trench-play enthusiast. Both got their nice wins in, and Lewis held up about as well as any guard did against Brown all season.

......Now watch what happens to this Immovable Object that "woOdiN't cede Un incH on a BulE-rushh AginSt a Mac tRucK" at 44 seconds into the cut up- 

(Note: that was F&*%ing 230 pound LB...not Derrick Brown) :| Had to stop watching after that, too angry. Will revisit later lol.

The 1st FF Consensus 2020 Mock in Draft Gen will be at our pick soon enough. 

This is who has been picked thus far-

-2020 FF NFL Consensus Mock Draft V1
1. Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow, LSU
2. Washington Redskins -  EDGE Chase Young, Ohio State
3. Detroit Lions - CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State
4. New York Giants - OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
5. Miami Dolphins - QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
6. LA Chargers - QB Justin Herbert, Oregon
7. Carolina Panthers - DL Derrick Brown, Auburn
8. Arizona Cardinals - OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
9. Jacksonville Jaguars - LB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
10. Cleveland Browns - OT Jedrick Wills, Alabama
11. New York Jets - WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
12. Las Vegas Raiders - WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma
13. Indianapolis Colts - EDGE AJ Espenesa, Iowa
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville
15. Denver Broncos - Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
16. Atlanta Falcons - Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina
17. Dallas Cowboys - Grant Delpit, S, LSU 
18. Miami Dolphins - Josh Jones, OT, Houston
19. Las Vegas Raiders - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
20. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin -

I think this is the potential pool of players to get familiar with before making your decision

IOL- Tyler Biadasz*, Lloyd Cushenberry, Cesar Ruiz*, Netane Muti*

WR- Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Laviska Shenault, Jalen Reagor*, KJ Hamler*

DI- Ross Blacklock, Raekwon Davis, Neville Gallimore, Justin Madubuike*, Jordan Elliot*

DI/EDGE- Marlon Davidson*

EDGE- Yetur Gross-Matos, K'Lavon Chaisson, Curtis Weaver*, Julian Okwara

EDGE/LB- Josh Uche, Zack Baun*

ILB- Patrick Queen, Kenneth Murray

S- Xavier McKinney

*(Not currently a poll option. You'll have to specify 'Other' in the poll and submit his name.)

^^^Looked at a couple different boards and tried to include everyone relevant/in the realm of possibilities. Stock is still all over the place, but it would be good to familiarize yourself with these guys regardless I suppose.

• Like 2