2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Real high bar to clear there xD

There was some fans outside of the Ravens fanbase who was very busy telling us how we would miss Weddle and how good he was with us. 

Rams fans also mentioned how he shored up their defense. After his retirement, I have seen several Rams fans who wasn't that sad to see him hang up the cleats.

There is no doubt he is a respected leader and both fans and coaches praise his personality, but the actual play on the field has left a lot to be desired.

First noticed Bryan Edwards when looking at Deebo and Hurst cut ups a few years back. Been super high on him ever since. I'm happy to see him buried in a such a deep WR class, and I really hope the FO can reel him in.

Good comps for him are Dez Bryant and Allen Robinson imo. 

It's hilarious how toxic 'Draft Twitter' has become in recent years, especially between the two mighty factions(Film vs Data). Here is Solak from TDN giving an honest take though, admitting BOA has earned it's status in the scouting community.

"Breakout Age" is a phrase that will probably be dropped around here a lot as we get closer to the draft. So for those unfamiliar, this article might be of interest to you.

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It's hilarious how toxic 'Draft Twitter' has become in recent years, especially between the two mighty factions(Film vs Data). Here is Solak from TDN giving an honest take though, admitting BOA has earned it's status in the scouting community.

"Breakout Age" is a phrase that will probably be dropped around here a lot as we get closer to the draft. So for those unfamiliar, this article might be of interest to you.

I believe the reason it is toxic is due to those supporting data driven scouting/opinions, are because they often completely ignore anything with regard to the psychological aspect of the game. They don't recognize "momentum" , "faith" and other factors which can't be measured, and generally outline that anything other than going on it on 4th and 1 and 4th and 2 is stupid and similar arguments with regard to playcalling, players abilities and draft pick evaluations.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

I believe the reason it is toxic is due to those supporting data driven scouting/opinions, are because they often completely ignore anything with regard to the psychological aspect of the game. They don't recognize "momentum" , "faith" and other factors which can't be measured, and generally outline that anything other than going on it on 4th and 1 and 4th and 2 is stupid and similar arguments with regard to playcalling, players abilities and draft pick evaluations.

There's a lot that plays into the toxic back and forth, but generally it is the data guys' vitriol fueling things. And to be fair a lot of that isn't actual analytics people. It's dudes who discovered stuff like DR, BOA, etc, started calling themselves 'gurus', and now spend their days attacking established scouts/analysts on twitter.

25 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

There's a lot that plays into the toxic back and forth, but generally it is the data guys' vitriol fueling things. And to be fair a lot of that isn't actual analytics people. It's dudes who discovered stuff like DR, BOA, etc, started calling themselves 'gurus', and now spend their days attacking established scouts/analysts on twitter.

That is also true. 

I have just seen quite a few giving completely in to the data-driven approach to analysing games, plays, decisions.

Context is often ignored by those who focus on what the data tells.

Really warming up to Reagor or one the other top billed WRs in Round 1. Offense needs the firepower, even when Marquise is healthy. Also makes us a better team on Day 1, than any of the similarly ranked Defensive prospects will imo. There's options on that side of the ball I like, sure(YGM, Blacklock, etc). Don't see any of them becoming major contributors until years 2 or 3 though. So it's tempting to go offense(WR,IOL). 

I do take the point that we should maybe hold off on WR, as it's such a deep class, but if the board falls with a strong playmaking/pass catching option as BPA- I don't think we should be opposed. 

Once we get past FA, and Yanda makes his decision Pray, a clear strategy should present itself.