2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

Won't be shocked if Shenault and/or Reagor last until our 2nd Round Pick now. It's not likely, but I won't be shocked. Similar to Metcalf, Reagor's bad 3 Cone will probably drop him further than it should. Both are highly explosive downfield options, you don't need them to have Edelman's agility to find success. 

As of now the WRs that will be in the 1st Round conversation for us are Tee Higgins and Justin Jefferson. Shenault, Aiyuk and Reagor all seem to be 2nd Round bound. While Ruggs, Lamb, and Jeudy have their Top 20 status cemented. 

I can't wait to see who separates themselves among the defensive guys. I hope YGM doesn't go off and torch any chance of us getting him. Not really looking for Curtis Weaver to "surprise folks" either lol, let him test meh- and get picked by us in the 3rd-4th range. Really curious as to how Leki Fotu will do too.

Next up is OL and HBs though. And we'll probably draft a couple guys from that lineman group, so it will be an interesting watch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davesta said:

I was hoping Denzel Mims was going to be there in the 2nd for us. Now it’s looking like we’ll need to spend the 28th pick if we want him.

Honestly, I think you're fine. In a worse WR class Myles Boykin had a better combine(one of the best ever) than Mims last year and still only went 98th overall- to us.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think he's a Round 3 guy. Albeit a (very)fast rising one.

Also, welcome to the forum. Always great to see a new member.

• Like 1

There is so much WR talent in this draft class that I don't think it matters too much which ones blow the Combine up unless you're set on picking one particular guy.  

I'd be fairly confident in finding a quality WR prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round regardless

• Like 2

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

There is so much WR talent in this draft class that I don't think it matters too much which ones blow the Combine up unless you're set on picking one particular guy.  

I'd be fairly confident in finding a quality WR prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round regardless

Yep. I like Hightower out of Boise State later and Van Jefferson’s stress fracture will only drop him 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Kenneth Murray would be such a trash 1st Round Pick. I'd take a HB over him.

I don't want any pure off ball LB in the first, but Queen is a vastly superior prospect to Murray. 

We don't need any Arthur Brown 2.0 situations. 🤮

Agree completely. KM is a second round talent in my estimation. Have not been incredibly impressed by his tape. I like him enough, but I wouldn’t be ecstatic about him unless he comes in the 3rd round. Queen is a stud, I don’t want a pure LB in the first but if we took one I could get behind him as a pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Kenneth Murray would be such a trash 1st Round Pick. I'd take a HB over him.

I don't want any pure off ball LB in the first, but Queen is a vastly superior prospect to Murray. 

We don't need any Arthur Brown 2.0 situations. 🤮

I've seen Murray and Queen mocked to us quite a bit. Both just ran great 40 times on the first run (low 4.5s), then both pulled a hammy on the second one.

Queen has only had one good year but is very young. That would be risky too. Murray is more experienced and bigger.   

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Queen is a stud, I don’t want a pure LB in the first but if we took one I could get behind him as a pick. 

Extremely young player that made a big impact in the SEC as a first year starter. That's rare to see, as is some of the processing ability he showed right out of the gate. His ceiling is just so much higher than Murray's, and he's already more efficient/safe to field.

Murray- 50 missed tackles in 3 years, allowed 82.4% of targets against him to be completed(broke up only 4 of 102 targets!- with 0 INTs)....Miss me with all of that. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, DreamKid said:

That's where I see his stock at as well. I'm projecting him to rise after the combine though. Thus far I like him more than Gallimore, Elliot, and while I like Blacklock's flashes- I give Madubuike the edge for consistency and level of competition. So at this point he's my DI #1(Obviously excluding Brown & Kinlaw who we'll have no shot at).

:D Called it.

Madubuike has his shortcomings, but he was consistent against high level comp and showed great bend & burst on tape.

I saw people knocking Greenard's ability to bend in the lead up to the combine and I didn't get it. I'm glad my feelings were validated. He has some of the cleanest rushes recorded in this class. Should be a guy we'll like too.

• Like 1