2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

Meetings thus far:

https://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

Baltimore Ravens

Luq Barcoo, CB, San Diego State (VIR)
Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (VIR)
Carlos Davis, DT/NT, Nebraska (EW)
Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn (EW)
Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State (COM)
Chris Finke, WR, Notre Dame (EW)
Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (VIR)
A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State (VIR)
De'Jon Harris, ILB, Arkansas (COM)
Robert Hunt, OT, La.-Lafayette (VIR)
Josh Jones, OT, Houston (VIR)
Azur Kamara, DL, Kansas (SR)
Terrell Lewis, DE/3-4OLB, Alabama (VIR)
Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (VIR)
Kenneth Murray^, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma (PRI, VIR)
Sewo Olonilua, RB, TCU (VIR)
Shaquille Quarterman, ILB, Miami (EW)
Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (VIR)
Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (COM)
Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan (EW)
Josh Uche, 3-4OLB/OLB, Michigan (COM)
Kenny Willekes, DE/3-4OLB, Michigan State (VIR)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

This is what I was saying in that other thread. I feel like teams will have less understanding and less “feeling” on how other teams view particular players. Which I think could make for more surprising “trade ups” and trades than in general.

For instance the media might see the WRs as 5 going in the first round whereas NFL teams might see 7 first round talents, that would shakeup drafts a far bit more... imagine being the team that thought they might be able to wait until the 3rd round for a quality WR when that happens... you’re probably going to either be forced to trade up for a legit WR you like, reach on a player you “kind of” like, or settle for the very sloppy thirds and fourths of the board.

Same with ILB and IDL... imagine thinking you could wait until the 3rd round for Jordyn Brooks and seeing him go in the 1st round because he’s got a similar skill set to Patrick Queen but with greater tackling power (though to be fair Queen is younger 1-2 years). All of these types of differences could have huge implications on the draft at large.

It’s a draft time butterfly effect.

Edited by diamondbull424

14 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Guys who are higher in the rankings too. That was something that surprised me as well. 

I think we are thin at the slot position, and unless we consider Marlon a backup to Young, we don't really have a natural fit there. In that case it makes sense to look at Gladney and Robertson who are on the list

I like Epenesa. He seems to fit the kind of player the Ravens like too. It's hard seeing him filling the need on the edge though. He's going to play end in any alignment. Which is fine, because the Ravens have a near-future need there too, but I'm not sure he changes a whole lot for the team immediately. Although maybe with a first round pick Wink might actually utilize a real rotation, that would be valuable.

• Like 2

I’m starting to cool on Baun at 28. Seems like the type of guy everyone gets excited over due to his versatility but ends up not being a + player in any particular area in the pros...just kinda average all around. Not sure you want that at 28.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

I like Epenesa. He seems to fit the kind of player the Ravens like too. It's hard seeing him filling the need on the edge though. He's going to play end in any alignment. Which is fine, because the Ravens have a near-future need there too, but I'm not sure he changes a whole lot for the team immediately. Although maybe with a first round pick Wink might actually utilize a real rotation, that would be valuable.

Agreed. I think he’s going to play a similar role as Zardarius Smith and Pernell McPhee when/if we draft him. He will play edge but also inside... probably inside during pass rushing situations, but outside in obvious run down and distances.

I think the obvious thing to do would be to pair him with a high potential rusher with pick 55, someone like Josh Uche or Terrell Lewis. AJE gives you the early snaps/run dominance then kicks inside. He’s no slower than a Jarrett Johnson type of player, obviously different kind of NFL, but it would ensure that the team remains stout against the run so that no 1st game Browns Chubb or playoff Henry situations resurface.

Get the feeling that Epenesa has an unexpected fall down the draft though... I think he falls to second round and we trade up for him. I imagine his combine, similar to Orlando Brown Jr’s will then a lot of teams off. They won’t want to spend a 1st round pick on a player without the “accepted” athleticism for the position.

Edited by diamondbull424
Autocorrect