2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

I have like the Temple single digit players for years. I believe Tavon Young was one of them as well.

Isaiah Wright is a wide receiver I have looked at as a possible replacement for Chris Moore, and their middle linebacker Shaun Bradley could be a 2-down thumper type we could develop. That Quincy Roche guy looks promising as well.

I may have become too excited about Weaver, but I have a feeling, that if we get him, we are pretty well set and we could take our chances on an athletic edge rusher who could be a situational player.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424

Did you play his school in basketball too lol? This kid was active.

I played against them my freshman and sophomore years. Our team was garbage at basketball... and I wasn’t all that. I was just an athlete. At that point I was 5’9” 185-190, lbs but had a 40” vert. I played PF in rec, but never grew after late 7th grade.xD

So I didn’t have a guard skillset and was too small to really be a PF. Against most normal schools that wasn’t a problem. I just was kind of a Charles Barkley type. But Newtown had some freaks. Guys that had legit size. Though they’re only the second best team I’ve played. Best team I ever played in basketball was a school called Southwest Academy. I played them in 8th grade. Because I could jump high (probably had a 34” vert at that point, since I couldn’t yet dunk), I did the jump ball. Most of the guys were taller than me. Generally anywhere from 5’11” to 6’2”, but I never lost a jump ball. I knew it was going to be a long day when I lined up against the guy and he was an absolute giant at like 6’9”... I jumped and he easily won the jump. The shortest player on their team was my height, but had insane handles. 

That guy I jumped off against ended up on the U18 Olympic team, was the Maryland Gatorade player of the year in 2007, went to Syracuse and played the Melo position. He was the first Syracuse freshman since Melo to lead the team in scoring. He averaged 17 and 7 as a 6’11” PF. He got drafted by the Sacramento Kings? Dropped 40 points in a Summer league game, but never made it in the league beyond that. He played for the Kings and only averaged like 6-8 points, then went overseas.

But yeah. Back to Newtown. They were definitely a good team, but I’m sure they got better as they started recruiting more talent from the local neighborhood. Their football team had great athletes but we were better coached and had a better system. Then there were a few quality athletes on my team like myself and a few others. Add some really tough strong dudes and we pushed them to the brink. Losing to them completely ruined what had been my favorite movie to that point, Remember the Titans... couldn’t watch that movie for years after.

But I’m good now. I’m down with the Ravens taking this guy. He’s a lot younger than me. He had nothing to do with that tough loss. Just found it funny that he played for that school.:D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So when did Weaver shoot up boards? Remember when I looked into him before he was considered a third round guy. Figured we’d have a shot at him in the late 1st still once more people caught onto how good he was.

Not sure. I only recently started looking into the class. He went 15th overall to the Titans in PFF's mock from 10 days ago though. The guy has 33 Sacks in 36 games, hard to not rise early with those kind of numbers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So when did Weaver shoot up boards? Remember when I looked into him before he was considered a third round guy. Figured we’d have a shot at him in the late 1st still once more people caught onto how good he was.

I think he is one of the last edge prospect people look at because of the smurf turf. It is hard on the eyes.

Once I got to him, I think he really stood out. I am rarely into the athletic freaks with high upside and high bust potential, so Weaver quickly rose to the top of my own board. I think he does it all on tape, and once he turns the little gut he has into muscle, I think he can be a bit more powerful. He is not the fast, twitched up athlete, but he does so many things so well. Once people fall in love with the long armed, fast and bendy freaks, I think a type like Weaver could fall to us, or we have to move a bit down from 32 to say 26 to get him.

15 minutes ago, Danand said:

Once I got to him, I think he really stood out. I am rarely into the athletic freaks with high upside and high bust potential, so Weaver quickly rose to the top of my own board. I think he does it all on tape, and once he turns the little gut he has into muscle, I think he can be a bit more powerful. He is not the fast, twitched up athlete, but he does so many things so well. Once people fall in love with the long armed, fast and bendy freaks, I think a type like Weaver could fall to us, or we have to move a bit down from 32 to say 26 to get him.

Why are you so convinced that Weaver isn't going to test well? Maybe he's not Myles Garrett, but he's certainly no slug out there either. He flashes all the tools that Nick Bosa is using to find so much early success, and it's not like Nick's testing lit the world on fire. Or his measurements, Nick only has 33 inch arms.

I hope he falls too, but I don't think his athletic/body profile is going to be the catalyst. I think he'll test fine and teams are going to be in love with his hand usage, motor, and finishing ability. I mean he's stout against the run, knows how to forcibly shorten angles when running the arc, can rush inside or out, and has great contortion. Pretty impeccable pass rush profile imo.

42 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Why are you so convinced that Weaver isn't going to test well? Maybe he's not Myles Garrett, but he's certainly no slug out there either. He flashes all the tools that Nick Bosa is using to find so much early success, and it's not like Nick's testing lit the world on fire. Or his measurements, Nick only has 33 inch arms.

I hope he falls too, but I don't think his athletic/body profile is going to be the catalyst. I think he'll test fine and teams are going to be in love with his hand usage, motor, and finishing ability. I mean he's stout against the run, knows how to forcibly shorten angles when running the arc, can rush inside or out, and has great contortion. Pretty impeccable pass rush profile imo.

I think his test numbers won't concern anyone. The comp is not accurate, but I could see him being the Derek Barnett type of player in the draft. Not the most flashy, but the guy who will get it done because he has a toolbox full of toys to use

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 7:09 AM, DreamKid said:

I'll tell you who he kinda reminded me of,.....

The guy he reminds me of and why I’ve been a fan of his is Bradley Chubb. Both players have that technical refinement you see from a guy like Suggs, but they’ve both got a little more explosiveness to them. Another comparison that I see besides Chubb would be Michael Strahan.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, DreamKid said:

I loved how Chris Miller played in that OU game.  He had some especially great hits and showed some big time toughness and hand strength.  But clearly PFF is very deceptive, according to this guys like Kolby Peel, Robert Barnes and Mike Lee will all be in the NFL and be great.  That will not happen and all could easily not even be drafted.  Even Sterns who has talent is not having that great of a year honestly and safeties are not usually in man to man coverage situations one on one.

Surprised Miller is this high on a list like this, he seems more like a hit man to me but regardless if he gets a shot in the league I feel it will be because of his toughness tackling and aggressive play as a safety not so much his super star coverage skills but he is decent at it.  He is one to watch no doubt, has been kicked out of a few games because being too physical and getting targeting penalties but kid is one to watch especially if Baylor gets another shot at OU in the conference title game.

Still say the Ravens got a flat out steal with Orlando Brown Jr falling so far when he was a 1st round talent all the way.  Kid is crazy large and doing great I feel, hell when he is in his stance with his hand on the ground, he has such long arms it is almost like he looks as if he is standing up right a little.  And Patrick Ricard is a joy to watch play football, great to see the FB/HB position back in a big way across the league and Ricard is a beast and a rare blocking obviously because of that massive size.

ILB will be a focus for them come draft time I assume, and they would love Evan Weaver I think with how tough he plays and he has some pass rush potential as well in terms of holding the edge and being able to get after the QB if asked, he can win with his hands when blocked.  Chris Orr would make a ton of sense also as a 2nd rounder and Markus Bailey could fit well also in that system not to mention Shaquille Quarterman who has some interesting toughness and quickness inside.  Or safety will be a focus possibly, and Antonie Winfield Jr could be a good fit but he could be a great fit basically on any team in the NFL in need of a safety.  I could see them getting a steal at DL if someone drops like Raekwon Davis, in the right system he could be a monster at that size with his athletic ability but needs to play harder and use his hands more.  If they want a little more proven guy on the DL Kinlaw makes a ton of sense, he could be a great 3/4 DE.

54 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Love him, but unless he beats up his agent or something he won't come within 15 Picks of the Ravens on draft day.

Yeah, Kinlaw’s 2019 tape is beautiful. He’s not quite as dominant as Jeffery Simmons but he’s got serious upside... but in a class that’s obviously weaker than last years and with few QBs to push talent down the board... and no HS tape of Kinlaw knocking out a chick... no way he falls anywhere near us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danand said:

What are peoples thoughts about Khalid Kareem from Notre Dame? I only watched a few clips on him, but seems like a nice prospect

Day three guy. He hustles to the ball. Not incredibly explosive, not very good as a run stuffer. Has good length. Maybe if he can develop a bit more burst he could be more effective, but he’s not the guy I would prefer we take. I don’t see dominant potential. I think he would be mainly the Chris Wormley of OLBs. Just is on the field. Don’t see an impact specimen.

Edited by diamondbull424