Why didn't the 1994 Buffalo Bills get to go to their fifth Super Bowl appearance?

Championshiporbust

13 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

What happened to the 1994 Buffalo Bills? Why did they not get a chance to go to their fifth Super Bowl appearance? 

They went 7-9, missed the playoffs. You don't go 7-9 on accident.

6 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

I think they could have beaten the 49ers. 

Steve Young wasn't losing that day. Tom Brady and the Patriots lose to prime Young, Rice, Haley, Deion, Ricky Watters... they lose by 30+.

The 1994 49ers are one of the most surprisingly underrated teams of all time. They should be in the GOAT individual team conversation. Let's look at the roster:

QB: PRIME Steve Young (Pro Bowl)

RB: Prime Ricky Waters (Pro Bowler)

WR: Prime Jerry Rice (Pro Bowl)

WR: John Taylor (solid #2)

TE: Brent Jones, PRO BOWL

2 Pro Bowl OL

Defense: 4 Pro Bowlers, 3 in the secondary (Stubblefield at DT, DEION, Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The 1994 49ers are one of the most surprisingly underrated teams of all time. They should be in the GOAT individual team conversation. Let's look at the roster:

And they had to defeat another potential GOAT (a talented but somewhat burned-out Cowboys team) to make it to that SB. That Niners team was rock solid from top to bottom. 

Bills went 7-9, their first bad season following their '88-'93 playoff run. 

I'll say this though, and maybe this is my Lake Erie connection to my Buffalo cursed brethren, but when that 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo (SUCH A GOOD ONE)" had the alternate ending with Norwood hitting that FG against the Giants, and the beloved long time late great Van Miller calling that alternate fairy tale ending...that had me a little choked up.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Steve Young wasn't losing that day. Tom Brady and the Patriots lose to prime Young, Rice, Haley, Deion, Ricky Watters... they lose by 30+.

I guess that’s YOUR opinion. 

NOBODY has been able to beat the Pats by  30+ in the playoffs since Super Bowl XX. The Patriots are very competitive in almost ALL their playoff games.