OTA/Camp Observations 2019

DreamKid

Ricard had some incredible moments and form at FB 2 seasons ago. It's almost impossible to find space for him on the roster in 2019 though. He would be a great practice squad addition, but I think he's too talented to not be scooped up by another team.

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

https://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/practice-squad-rules/

"No more than 2 accrued seasons", and even the number of players with one accrued season on a PS is limited.  Therefore Ricard is ineligible for the PS

Hmm. Well then, excluding the various different realities that could be brought on by injuries. Now until the end of preseason should be Ricard's final stretch as a Raven.

No room for ol' Pat. 

DI- Michael Pierce, Brandon Williams, Daylon Mack, Chris Wormley, Zach Sieler, Willie Henry, Gerald Willis III  (7) 

TE- Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle*  (3)

*FB- Nick Boyle

I'm sure one of the few teams that still makes use of a FB will scoop him up.

Anyone else went to the open practice? This was my first time going since the move from McDaniel. AND... Jeff Blake was our starting QB. *Shudders*

My takeaways

- Lamar looks real spicy

- Myles Boykin is making me a firm believer

- Our TE's are gonna be a real problem

- I love EARL

- Jimmy gonna be an unsung hero

27 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

- Jimmy gonna be an unsung hero

Yea, I've read from multiple outlets that he just flat out looks different thus far. He's in a contract year, and maybe the most important one of his career. So it would be a clutch time for him to have another Top 10 CB performance. For him, and us. 

41 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

- Our TE's are gonna be a real problem

Some of the funnier things to read this offseason have been the "The Ravens don't have anything we need to worry about on offense" takes from fans of teams that 1. We ran the ball at will against, and 2. Our tight ends victimized. Our *Rookie tight ends at that too. Every worth while piece on this offense that was here in 2018 should be that much stronger in 2019. Then you factor in the new guys we've added, and it's going to take more creativity than these dopes possess to actually paint a bleak picture of our situation.

Yeah, I wasn’t against Miles Boykin at all, but I thought he would be the obvious redshirt WR option. But he’s working some of our best corners and making plays. There’s something more to him than just athleticism it seems. The hands he’s displayed have been big time too.

That WR position looks very interesting at this point with the Big 3 (Boykin, Scott, and Wesley). Will be interesting to see how we maintain them all, we won’t redshirt Scott again. Antoine Wesley looks like a steal, so we can’t risk losing him off the practice squad, do we redshirt him? I’m thinking Lasley would make sense as a PS option.

Then we’ve got Chris Moore and Willie Snead who’ve been quiet but have shown some promise in games. This is an interesting problem to have. This might be the deepest receiving core we’ve ever had in franchise history.

Edited by diamondbull424

18 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That WR position looks very interesting at this point with the Big 3 (Boykin, Scott, and Wesley). Will be interesting to see how we maintain them all, we won’t redshirt Scott again. Antoine Wesley looks like a steal, so we can’t risk losing him off the practice squad, do we redshirt him? I’m thinking Lasley would make sense as a PS option.

So far, the 2019 season is starting the same as 2018 did in some ways. This time last year Jaleel Scott was our top performing offensive rookie, a consistent standout. Last year's Antoine Wesley was Jaelon Acklin, the breakout name from nowhere. lol Even Lasley was doing his old flash some-drop some-repeat cycle. 

What happened? Acklin flamed out with an injury, and didn't have an investment level high enough to earn future looks. Scott fell off as we got deeper in the process and was a non factor in games. Lasley made his bones and the roster with a few stand out moments in the preseason games, and with some standout practice performances- one notably against Marcus Peters in our joint practice with the Rams. 

Then you again have four guys that are roster locks. In 2018 it was Crabtree-J. Brown-Snead-Moore and in 2019 it's Moore-Snead-M. Brown-Boykin.

It really will be interesting to see how it all turns out. 

• Like 1