OTA/Camp Observations 2019

DreamKid

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Perhaps you’re not placing enough emphasis on the couple of quotes that we have.

If they like the information, it's good.

If they don't like the information, it's bad.

Doesn't matter if the process used to gather it and the sources providing it are all the same lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

If they like the information, it's good.

If they don't like the information, it's bad.

Doesn't matter if the process used to gather it and the sources providing it are all the same lol. 

I take anything said by coaches during the preseason with a grain of salt, good or bad. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

IOn paper everything seems like a beyond reasonable outcome given the circumstances, and it looks like the stage is set for Tyus and Tim to be big contributors in Year 3. Yet we've been inundated with articles listing both players as complete failures, in danger of being cut, and draft busts. 

I thought when the Ravens signed McPhee and Shane Ray, that was a bigger indictment of Bowser and Williams than anything the media said. Because the media really doesn't know anything, whereas the coaches and FO are looking at everything the players do with a fine tooth comb.

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I thought when the Ravens signed McPhee and Shane Ray, that was a bigger indictment of Bowser and Williams than anything the media said. Because the media really doesn't know anything, whereas the coaches and FO are looking at everything the players do with a fine tooth comb.

I think carrying 5 edge/rush type guys has been the norm for this team, so I wasn't particularly shocked by those late, cheap signings.

• Like 1

Any predictions on what Justice Hill's usage rate is going to look like? 

I think some in the fandom are looking at it like we found the Phillip Lindsay of 2019, but it doesn't feel like his path is that clear. Gus Edwards is talented in this system and Ingram is a proven force in the league. I think Hill could carve out a nice Satellite role though, he said that he worked with the WRs a lot last year at OKST and loves catching the ball. He just didn't have many chances to do so in their system. We want him in space, and he wants to be in space- seems clear that's how we should be using him early.

He has too much juice to not see the field, what that leads to in 2019 will be fun to see.

Even if he doesn't get the same workload, how Lindsay was used could be a good blueprint for success.