OTA/Camp Observations 2019

DreamKid

Looks like overall we had another good day though. Boykin and the TEs stepped up, Jackson was sharp, can't ask for much more. Marquise was given another planned rest day. Stanley got dinged up. Bowser got pulled early, then returned to the sideline. I'm sure they'll play in the game, but we really don't need anymore guys picking injuries up.

Us getting the Dolphins and then the Cardinals to start the season is a pure gift. I believe this team is a contender, but we're young and there's been a lot of turnover. Tavon going down now, for possibly/likely the whole season. Adds just one more layer to a situation where we were always going to need some ramp up time for this year's squad to kick into high gear. That two game buffer gives us a much needed real game window where we can iron things out and gear up for stronger clubs.

Some problems, Minor and Major for each aspect:

Offense

Line Cohesion

New OC & Concepts

Rookies we're looking to inject early(Boykin, Brown, Hill)

New face stepping into big role(Ingram)

Old face stepping into bigger role(Moore)

Injured QB2(RG3)

Defense

Tavon's absence and the best remedy

Peanut running the show at Mike

First Year Starter Chris Board

Full Time Starter Wormley

Overall Communication between all levels

Earl Thomas' grasp on a new defense

Michael Pierce's continued journey back to Elite Form

The Pass Rush Rotation/Pecking Order

Special Teams

New ST Coach and Harbaugh taking a bigger role

Lackluster Coverage Unit

Impact from the Return Unit

Some of these issues and circumstances are more important than others, but they all matter on some level. And time to sort it all out is truly invaluable to us. When we march into Arrowhead our house better be in order and that 2 game stretch should help us meet that goal.

7 hours ago, drd23 said:

xD that second last bullet point!

That was one of the reasons Dan Williams went in the 1. round to the Cardinals. Some coach had fallen in love with him and was quoted saying "he has the biggest butt I've ever seen".

Ken McKusick had a different view of the bubble olines performance against the Packers. Eluemunor scored very well, Bozeman did the same while Mekari was graded a C.

If we are all healthy, they have an interesting decision as both Senat and Mekari as well of the rest have proven too much to be stashed on the practice squad. 

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Ken McKusick had a different view of the bubble olines performance against the Packers. Eluemunor scored very well, Bozeman did the same while Mekari was graded a C.

If we are all healthy, they have an interesting decision as both Senat and Mekari as well of the rest have proven too much to be stashed on the practice squad. 

He seemed to ding Mekari pretty hard for a few lapses in the run game. Eluemunor did have an uncharacteristically improved day at LG, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

You're right, teams are desperate for lineman- no one is safe. I mean Andrew Donnal couldn't even clear waivers when we cut him last year lol. 

8 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Ugh, is it week 1 already.

Edit: @Danand the dude that's not Baldy sucks and is your basic twitter user.

Haven't heard about him before, I just really like the way Brian Baldinger has approached his career in broadcasting, where he focus on the small things and nuances in the game that most don't recognize.

Edit: OK, now I see what you were getting at. That Elliot guy just has the same tunnel view on Lamar and football in general. Nice to hear Baldinger just shut him down.

Edited by Danand
  • Like 1