This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

Buffalo, and WNY in general, breweries deserve more recognition nationwide. Big Ditch, Resurgence, Hamburg and Ellicotville Brewing in particular are incredible and far superior to what I have down in my areas and go toe to toe with just about any breweries I've had.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Buffalo, and WNY in general, breweries deserve more recognition nationwide. Big Ditch, Resurgence, Hamburg and Ellicotville Brewing in particular are incredible and far superior to what I have down in my areas and go toe to toe with just about any breweries I've had.

Have you tried Rohrbachs? Soo good. Rochester has really stepped up their craft beer game in recent years. The Genny brew house has done some really great work. Definitely recommend hitting them up if you’re ever in town.

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Have you tried Rohrbachs? Soo good. Rochester has really stepped up their craft beer game in recent years. The Genny brew house has done some really great work. Definitely recommend hitting them up if you’re ever in town.

Havent tried that before, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in town. Only thing I've had from Rochester is Swiftwater which I picked up from Premier. 

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Any tips for the wedding planning process? I’m gonna try and enter as many contests as possible lol. My fiancé’s cousin actually won her wedding dress last year. I know that’s a pretty big deal. I’ve also tried reading up on how to enter to win honeymoons, money towards receptions etc.

My first question would be who is paying for it? I only ask because we got married 2 years ago (After being together for 10) and we made it a point to save up enough to pay for the wedding ourselves. It allowed us more freedom to do what we want. If the parents are helping you out, you might be more handcuffed on what you can do. If you are paying a lot of it for yourselves, my best advice is, don't spend so much you put yourself in a hole. Have fun, traditional stuff is nice, but so is non-traditional. We did cupcakes instead of a cake, we had a guy play bagpipes for our aisle walking music. Make it personal and fun for both of you, our biggest concern was to make sure people were having a good time. Keep in mind we did not have a traditional wedding by any means.

29 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

My first question would be who is paying for it? I only ask because we got married 2 years ago (After being together for 10) and we made it a point to save up enough to pay for the wedding ourselves. It allowed us more freedom to do what we want. If the parents are helping you out, you might be more handcuffed on what you can do. If you are paying a lot of it for yourselves, my best advice is, don't spend so much you put yourself in a hole. Have fun, traditional stuff is nice, but so is non-traditional. We did cupcakes instead of a cake, we had a guy play bagpipes for our aisle walking music. Make it personal and fun for both of you, our biggest concern was to make sure people were having a good time. Keep in mind we did not have a traditional wedding by any means.

After booking the venue, we are looking at around 23k for everything. We are probably getting around 10k from our parents as help. So we have to save about 13k between the two of us over the next year and a half. (Date is tentatively set for a Friday in June 2020). So it’s really not too bad. The venue is beautiful, and this includes literally every aspect of the wedding. (4 hours open bar, top of the line food, midnight snacks, dessert tables, service charges, gratuity, etc)

22 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

After booking the venue, we are looking at around 23k for everything. We are probably getting around 10k from our parents as help. So we have to save about 13k between the two of us over the next year and a half. (Date is tentatively set for a Friday in June 2020). So it’s really not too bad. The venue is beautiful, and this includes literally every aspect of the wedding. (4 hours open bar, top of the line food, midnight snacks, dessert tables, service charges, gratuity, etc)

Holy ****, is that how much weddings cost? I'm never getting married (and not just because no one will marry me).

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Holy ****, is that how much weddings cost? I'm never getting married (and not just because no one will marry me).

Yeah and that’s considered cheap...unless of course you wanna get married in your back yard. I’m still working on finding a full time out of school job too. I’m lucky i have my serving job that i make really good money at or I’d be screwed.

Speaking of which I’ll necer give up that serving/bartending job its such a good side hustle 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like the Saints and the Patriots today.

Gonna drop a 60$, 2 game parlay

Brees is gonna expose Rams LB and Safety play with screens, slants and alot of misdirection. I think Kamara is gonna have a big day through the air... 27-20 Saints

Brady gonna show Mahomes how to win big games on the road in a high scoring game... 31-27 Patriots

• 3 weeks later...