This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

26 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

MUST read for all of you. Aaron Williams is one of my all time favorite Bills. Maybe top 4 along with Kyle, Stevie, and Freddy J. These are guys that are “My Bills.” Tbh Fitzy is up there as well.

Either way, this was such an emotional piece. Nothing but love and respect for 23.

Beat me to it. One of the best Players Tribunes I've ever read, that last paragraph got me pretty good. 

Like you, I also loved Aaron Williams and is one of the first guys I think of when I think of my generation of Bills, Lee Evans replaces Stevie Johnson for me though even though I love Stevie. 

You could feel the heartbreak at not being able to play anymore and missing the playoffs this season. I can't believe how young he is, he's still only 27 and was in the league only six years and several years were severely limited due to injuries. 

He won't be a guy whoever gets on the wall but he will always be a player I remember and loved watching play. 

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Beat me to it. One of the best Players Tribunes I've ever read, that last paragraph got me pretty good. 

Like you, I also loved Aaron Williams and is one of the first guys I think of when I think of my generation of Bills, Lee Evans replaces Stevie Johnson for me though even though I love Stevie. 

You could feel the heartbreak at not being able to play anymore and missing the playoffs this season. I can't believe how young he is, he's still only 27 and was in the league only six years and several years were severely limited due to injuries. 

He won't be a guy whoever gets on the wall but he will always be a player I remember and loved watching play. 

I love guys like him and Stevie because they grew up in front of our eyes, and wanted to stay here. After reading countless posts on this site about how guys don’t want to come here, they accepted us, and our city and made the best of their time here. They CHOSE us and I’m forever grateful for that. I’m glad we could all play a role in their maturity to outstanding young men.

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I love guys like him and Stevie because they grew up in front of our eyes, and wanted to stay here. After reading countless posts on this site about how guys don’t want to come here, they accepted us, and our city and made the best of their time here. They CHOSE us and I’m forever grateful for that. I’m glad we could all play a role in their maturity to outstanding young men.

Absolutely. I think Aaron hit the nail on the head when he was talking about how his first two years he didn't take seriously, I think Bills fans just want players who are willing to fight and give it their all for the team. Sure being talented and winning is great but at the end of the day they just want guys who care and want to be there. The difference between Gillislee's departure and Gilmore's underlines that, even though it was to the same team. 

I respect the guys that stayed because it wasn't easy and they could have had success elsewhere if they had left. Hell I wish some of the drought guys had left so they could taste success after giving so many years to the team and the fans. 

Didn't have access to post anything until now. Glad to see you all carrying the torch for Williams. It's so hard to see his pain at not being able to play. I'd love to see him come in to help the DB's...maybe even becoming a secondary coach one day.

Geez, this would be a quality hire. Per the Scoop:

New England Patriots: Late last night a report surfaced that Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano will apparently interview for the Pats’ defensive coordinator job once it becomes officially open next week.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report-greg-schiano-interview-patriots-defensive-coordinator-job/

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Not sure if any of you guys are college basketball addicts like me, but just wondering if any of you filled out a bracket? My final 4 is Villanova, Michigan St, North Carolina, and Virginia. I was really close to putting Arizona and Purdue in my final 4, but went with chalk.

I have Villanova, Michigan State, Arizona, and North Carolina.

Have Arizona beating Villanova in title game.

I also really like Michigan...they're just in a really tough bracket

18 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Not sure if any of you guys are college basketball addicts like me, but just wondering if any of you filled out a bracket? My final 4 is Villanova, Michigan St, North Carolina, and Virginia. I was really close to putting Arizona and Purdue in my final 4, but went with chalk.

I'm definitely going to be watching some college ball all weekend. I don't remember my bracket offhand but I always go heavy on upsets due to how my group scores it. 

Can't wait for UMBC to beat Virginia tomorrow!

11 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm definitely going to be watching some college ball all weekend. I don't remember my bracket offhand but I always go heavy on upsets due to how my group scores it. 

Can't wait for UMBC to beat Virginia tomorrow!

Kansas certainly has their handful with Penn so far...

17 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Do you think your Orange can beat TCU? I think the 2-3 zone will give TCU fits.

Well normally I would say we would kill TCU... Big 12 teams always seem to struggle against our zone. Regardless of seeding. Just look at the year we win championship. Took out Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. And TCU has never been known for their basketball... They are 0-4 against Syracuse. This issue however is Jamie Dixon... He was Pitts old coach. Now he coaches TCU. He knows how to attack the zone. Dixonis 15-6 against Syracuse... He owns us.

13 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well normally I would say we would kill TCU... Big 12 teams always seem to struggle against our zone. Regardless of seeding. Just look at the year we win championship. Took out Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. And TCU has never been known for their basketball... They are 0-4 against Syracuse. This issue however is Jamie Dixon... He was Pitts old coach. Now he coaches TCU. He knows how to attack the zone. Dixonis 15-6 against Syracuse... He owns us.

I saw that about Dixon. When he was at Pitt I think he had better athletes. I am not sure if TCU has the personnel to attack the zone consistently. They have difficulty at times and go on long scoring droughts. That's what I am banking on.

6 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I saw that about Dixon. When he was at Pitt I think he had better athletes. I am not sure if TCU has the personnel to attack the zone consistently. They have difficulty at times and go on long scoring droughts. That's what I am banking on.

Definitely depends. Most coaches got to the middle of zone and they settle for jump shots against our zone. Well our zone is longer and more athletic than most and we can block those shots or at least contest it. But what Jamie does is get the ball to that foul line area. And when Center comes up to defend he cuts another player on baseline for the pass and easy 2. He has perfected that on us. He also like to have the pass from high to low posts. And both those combine just decimate our zone when we play him