This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I told y'all about UMBC! Retriever nation!

Nice call lol. I was watching selection Sunday and heard their name called... I looked at my brother and I told him that I liked their name. You always hear name like Huskies, Bulldogs, and Wolf Pack but never Retrievers.... Never thought they'd ever win tho

7 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Nice call lol. I was watching selection Sunday and heard their name called... I looked at my brother and I told him that I liked their name. You always hear name like Huskies, Bulldogs, and Wolf Pack but never Retrievers.... Never thought they'd ever win tho

No one could have honestly believed it. I've spent a lot of time on that campus and it's as generic as they come. A small campus with a lot of commuters but I had some great times there with a bunch of friends and it's awesome to be a part of it. Everyone in MD is proud of it. 

chesapeake-bay-retrievers-2.jpg

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are dope. Also, Chessie is real just btw. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

No one could have honestly believed it. I've spent a lot of time on that campus and it's as generic as they come. A small campus with a lot of commuters but I had some great times there with a bunch of friends and it's awesome to be a part of it. Everyone in MD is proud of it. 

I'd love to get me a Chessie... Great hunting dogs!

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I'd love to get me a Chessie... Great hunting dogs!

Had one named Ranger when I was in my early teens. Amazing waterfowl dog and tough as nails! He'd break through ice by smashing it with his paws as he swam to go get ducks and geese! Got his butt whipped by a badger once on the shore of a lake, so he dragged it out into the lake and killed it while he swam circles around the critter! Cost a few thousand dollars though to surgically repair his nose/snout, which the badger had managed to butcher before Ranger got him into the water. Even before that incident, Ranger's nose was pretty much worthless, however, in times when we needed a pointer, but we had a Springer Spaniel that was the best upland bird dog I've ever owned. That one was named Rocky and he got a lot of breeding interest when other hunters saw him in the field because of his skills and the fact that playing with Ranger had made him into just a ripped 70# Springer, so he could easily handle geese, as well! Those 2 dogs were the best ones I ever owned.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Had one named Ranger when I was in my early teens. Amazing waterfowl dog and tough as nails! He'd break through ice by smashing it with his paws as he swam to go get ducks and geese! Got his butt whipped by a badger once on the shore of a lake, so he dragged it out into the lake and killed it while he swam circles around the critter! Cost a few thousand dollars though to surgically repair his nose/snout, which the badger had managed to butcher before Ranger got him into the water. Even before that incident, Ranger's nose was pretty much worthless, however, in times when we needed a pointer, but we had a Springer Spaniel that was the best upland bird dog I've ever owned. That one was named Rocky and he got a lot of breeding interest when other hunters saw him in the field because of his skills and the fact that playing with Ranger had made him into just a ripped 70# Springer, so he could easily handle geese, as well! Those 2 dogs were the best ones I ever owned.

Awesome. Shortly I'll be looking at a puppy to train to be an antler shed dog... I've thought about Labs, Chessies, Boykin Spaniels, and German Shorthairs. Still unsure on what I should get... They all have their up and downs. I'm leaning Boykin or GSP

• Like 1

So I’m doing a 6X6 roto fantasy baseball league this year for the first time ever. Draft is tomorrow.

Aaronn Judge finished as the best player in this format last year. (OBP, and SLG are categories, average is not for those of you that don’t know) i think I’m gonna take him 3rd over all. 

Any recommendations on sleepers or guys that aren’t valued properly?

I’m thinking about Correa in the 2nd round unless one of Kershaw, Max, Kluber, or Sale fall. Would Noah be too high there? Or Gary Sanchez on the turn. (3rd pick of the third round).

21 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

This was awesome! As a Marylander myself and recent grad from the University of MD system, that was freaking awesome!! 

1 minute ago, leeevans83d said:

This was awesome! As a Marylander myself and recent grad from the University of MD system, that was freaking awesome!! 

Hell Yeah! Did you graduate from UMD? 

Also think that random drunken Chessie comment at the end was lost on non Marylanders haha. It's a mythical sea beast not a dog!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Hell Yeah! Did you graduate from UMD? 

Also think that random drunken Chessie comment at the end was lost on non Marylanders haha. It's a mythical sea beast not a dog!

Haha! For sure on that comment. 

Yeah I actually went to University of MD Eastern Shore on the lower/eastern side of the state and commuted. It was a really good school. Heard they had a good business program and I got in on a minority scholarship (it’s a historically African American school for those not aware). So it was a win/win. And I wasn’t the only Bills fan on campus! 

• Like 1