This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

On 8/24/2019 at 11:06 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Luck retiring is the biggest shock in football since Barry Sanders IMO.

On a 2019 note, it opens up a WC spot in theory. 

It actually hurts us (bills) honestly. The reason is they play the Patriots in the 1 game that each afc east team faces in the afc south. Both Texans and Jags seem to be in competitive level having Luck would be a difficult division where they beat on each other leaving only 1 team to land the division and knocking out the others to not get a wild card. Now Jags and Texans if they are competitive ready that should be 2 easier wins for each team. All in all I think this gives the bills a tougher time then they would have had if Luck played.

8 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

It actually hurts us (bills) honestly. The reason is they play the Patriots in the 1 game that each afc east team faces in the afc south. Both Texans and Jags seem to be in competitive level having Luck would be a difficult division where they beat on each other leaving only 1 team to land the division and knocking out the others to not get a wild card. Now Jags and Texans if they are competitive ready that should be 2 easier wins for each team. All in all I think this gives the bills a tougher time then they would have had if Luck played.

Even if the Jags sweep Indy now, which seems unlikely, they're still probably an 8 win team at best. 

This division will come down to Tennessee if their D can perform well enough and Houston protecting Watson. Instead of having the Colts run away with it and the Txans finishing 10-6 and a WC, they'll now likely win the division and leave the other 3 at 6-9 wins tops. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Even if the Jags sweep Indy now, which seems unlikely, they're still probably an 8 win team at best. 

This division will come down to Tennessee if their D can perform well enough and Houston protecting Watson. Instead of having the Colts run away with it and the Txans finishing 10-6 and a WC, they'll now likely win the division and leave the other 3 at 6-9 wins tops. 

Nick Foles is better then bortles, fournette is healthy and they havent lost anyone really on defense. Plus they landed Allen who looks like he is going to be a beast. To me i think the jags will be better then the texans. Texans still have holes in different spots not to mention the clowney not showing up. Hopefully them playing the afc west and nfc south will slow both teams down but luck retiring helps these two teams out with 2 wins each

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Nick Foles is better then bortles, fournette is healthy and they havent lost anyone really on defense. Plus they landed Allen who looks like he is going to be a beast. To me i think the jags will be better then the texans. Texans still have holes in different spots not to mention the clowney not showing up. Hopefully them playing the afc west and nfc south will slow both teams down but luck retiring helps these two teams out with 2 wins each

Foles may be better than Bortles but that ain't saying much. The OL and playmakers  in Jacksonville are some of the worst in the league. Fournette won't play all 16 and teams will crowd the box big time against them. I view them similarly to what the Bills were under Tyrod. Rely on a great defense and don't turn the ball over. 

They won't be able to compete offensively with offenses like New Orleans, KC, Atlanta, LAC and even the Panthers so they would have to be darn near perfect with the rest of their schedule which again, I find unlikely. 

As for the bolded. I think you are seriously underrating the Colts D and OL. Mack and Hilton are great pieces for Brissett who has proven he is not a pushover. I'd take him over Foles and Mariota.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Foles may be better than Bortles but that ain't saying much. The OL and playmakers  in Jacksonville are some of the worst in the league. Fournette won't play all 16 and teams will crowd the box big time against them. I view them similarly to what the Bills were under Tyrod. Rely on a great defense and don't turn the ball over. 

They won't be able to compete offensively with offenses like New Orleans, KC, Atlanta, LAC and even the Panthers so they would have to be darn near perfect with the rest of their schedule which again, I find unlikely. 

As for the bolded. I think you are seriously underrating the Colts D and OL. Mack and Hilton are great pieces for Brissett who has proven he is not a pushover. I'd take him over Foles and Mariota.

You would not take him over BDN. STAHP it

11 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

You would not take him over BDN. STAHP it

I had to google what this was lol.

But 100% I would. A 26 year old QB who has learned under McDaniels/Brady and now Reich/Luck and has shown more than enough to be considered a starting QB (long before Luck retired) over a 30 year old who's on his 4th team and has never started 16 games in a season. All day every day.

Foles run was magical but that's it. Nothing sustainable. He won't come close to that in Duval. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I had to google what this was lol.

But 100% I would. A 26 year old QB who has learned under McDaniels/Brady and now Reich/Luck and has shown more than enough to be considered a starting QB (long before Luck retired) over a 30 year old who's on his 4th team and has never started 16 games in a season. All day every day.

Foles run was magical but that's it. Nothing sustainable. He won't come close to that in Duval. 

Foles had a solid year with Chip Kelly in Philly well before that. You can question his ability with the Rams but it could be because he had a garbage team that didnt up his talents. So I can not say what Nick the jags will get but I will say that he is a better option then Brisset. 

The whole McDaniels/Brady thing means nothing, yes it is nice to learn from one of the best qbs but it doesnt mean he is going to come close replicate him in any way. Every qb has a different mind set, throwing motion, etc so having a mentor in Luck and Brady is nice but so many other qbs had that opportunity and nothing has come from it. Brissett was put in to a starting role when Luck was injured and he played all of 2017 going 4-12 with pretty much the same offensive weapons he had back then except for an upgrade at TE in Ebron. I think the colts wont be worst in the league because of their defense but they wont be winning anything more then 4-6 games this year.

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Foles had a solid year with Chip Kelly in Philly well before that. You can question his ability with the Rams but it could be because he had a garbage team that didnt up his talents. So I can not say what Nick the jags will get but I will say that he is a better option then Brisset. 

The whole McDaniels/Brady thing means nothing, yes it is nice to learn from one of the best qbs but it doesnt mean he is going to come close replicate him in any way. Every qb has a different mind set, throwing motion, etc so having a mentor in Luck and Brady is nice but so many other qbs had that opportunity and nothing has come from it. Brissett was put in to a starting role when Luck was injured and he played all of 2017 going 4-12 with pretty much the same offensive weapons he had back then except for an upgrade at TE in Ebron. I think the colts wont be worst in the league because of their defense but they wont be winning anything more then 4-6 games this year.

the 2017 Colts had Pagno as HC, Shottenheimer as QB coach and Chud as OC. Also one of the worst OL in the NFL if not the worst. The upgrades in talent and coaching staff are tenfold from 2017 to 2018. Brissett still put up over 3000 yards and just shy of a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. 

Saying the Colts won't win more than 4-6 is quite premature. Luck is a HOF talent but the cupboard isn't bare in Indy without him and Brissett is a starting caliber QB who's potential (which is why I take him over the known mediocre Foles) has him as a mid range QB in the 12-15 area. 

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

the 2017 Colts had Pagno as HC, Shottenheimer as QB coach and Chud as OC. Also one of the worst OL in the NFL if not the worst. The upgrades in talent and coaching staff are tenfold from 2017 to 2018. Brissett still put up over 3000 yards and just shy of a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. 

Saying the Colts won't win more than 4-6 is quite premature. Luck is a HOF talent but the cupboard isn't bare in Indy without him and Brissett is a starting caliber QB who's potential (which is why I take him over the known mediocre Foles) has him as a mid range QB in the 12-15 area. 

So your saying you can name 17-20 other teams that are in a worst situation at qb then the colts? Saying he is in the 12-15 range is a BOLD statement. He also completed only 58% of his passes with a 13-7 td int which means he was averaging less then 1 td pass a game to me thats not good at all.  I guess we will see this season but my guess is they will be closer to the 4-6 win range putting them in line with either Herbert or Fromm discussion in the draft while Tua goes to the Dolphins at #1

40 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

So your saying you can name 17-20 other teams that are in a worst situation at qb then the colts? Saying he is in the 12-15 range is a BOLD statement. He also completed only 58% of his passes with a 13-7 td int which means he was averaging less then 1 td pass a game to me thats not good at all.  I guess we will see this season but my guess is they will be closer to the 4-6 win range putting them in line with either Herbert or Fromm discussion in the draft while Tua goes to the Dolphins at #1

I said his potential has him in the range not that he is there now. 

By your logic of his stats, the Bills are in real trouble and looking at 4-6 wins themselves as Allen averaged less then 1 TD pass per game and completed 52% of his passes and has a worst defense then Indy in regards to points allowed per game. 

Hahaha potential i hate that word when discussing football. So many people use the word potential and it never means anything. What potential is and what becomes of it are two different things. If we go off of your philosophy with Potential then Allen is arguably the best qb to ever exist. Potential translating that on to the field are two different things.  I will agree to disagree on this and table it to the end of the season at that time we will find out who was right and who was wrong.