This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

3 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I know right? obviously the ones with a year or two were when the Bills got them and the attitude was like "One draft and we got Marshawn Lynch, Paul Posluszny, and Trent Edwards? this is our future" As you could tell I really started collecting around 2006, around the same time I signed up here.

Some of the fun ones I have that are not Buffalo Bills are Steve Young, Paul Warfield, Harlon Hill (the Heiseman for D2), Jim Otto, Jack Youngblood, and Walter Payton. I actually sold an Adrian Peterson one back in 2011 so I could put tires on my truck, money was tight.

If you are going non bills then you can get crazy with that lol. I try to stick to teams I like cause if I dont then I would end up in debt lol. Also I went to one of the pro bowl events got lucky to meet Jim Kelly but the people in line spend their entire week going to these events as different football players old and new are appearing every hour on the hour for an autograph. Some serious people come in with a massive bag of memorabilia for them to sign. I spoke to a couple they both do this as their vacation every year go to the city the superbowl is in and do these events but actually dont go to the superbowl. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

If you are going non bills then you can get crazy with that lol. I try to stick to teams I like cause if I dont then I would end up in debt lol. Also I went to one of the pro bowl events got lucky to meet Jim Kelly but the people in line spend their entire week going to these events as different football players old and new are appearing every hour on the hour for an autograph. Some serious people come in with a massive bag of memorabilia for them to sign. I spoke to a couple they both do this as their vacation every year go to the city the superbowl is in and do these events but actually dont go to the superbowl. 

My favorite "Meet a Buffalo Bill" Story was one of the guys who used to post on here, him and I became good friends and for the 2009 NFL Draft he won a contest to watch the Draft at Ralph Wilson with Paul Posluszny. He decided to take me and they were also unveiling the Buffalo Bills 50 year anniversary team on the field. Why we were on the field we were interviewed by a couple local television personalities and they asked us draft questions, the one they asked me was "So you get to watch the draft today with Paul Posluszny, how would you feel if they drafted his former teammate Aaron Maybin?" She did not think I did my homework and my response was "Aaron Maybin is a very raw prospect with a high upside, but if the Bills were to draft a pass rusher and Brian Orakpo is on the board they should take him instead"

We go up into the box and there are about a 100 people who won this contest, and they were taking questions for Paul Posluszny in a fishbowl, you just wrote it on a notecard and they would draw it randomly. Of course, mine was the 1st one drawn and my question for Paul was, "Rumor is the Bills are switching to a 3-4 defense, how would you feel about playing an ILB IN A 3-4 defense?". He totally skirted the question and talked about how he is just ready to get back to work, win this year, and yadda yadda. Sure enough in 2010 when Gailey was hired we went to a 3-4 defense, he played in it for 1 year and then signed with Jacksonville who offered him as much as we did (6 years 45 mil) but cited the reason for leaving was he did not want to play in a 3-4 defense.

I have another story I might tell later about attending the 2011 draft, if you guys have never been, I would definitely go, but with huge crowds now, not sure it would be the same.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Congrats! We had our first in Sept 19'. It's a blessing, for sure. There ain't a better feeling in the world than coming home from a long day of work and your little guy (or maybe girl in your case!) greets you with a huge smile. 

Thanks my man! I’m honestly just excited to see my 6 year old be a big sister. That’ll be a whole new excitement and journey. 

• Like 1

Tough week coming up, was supposed to be getting married on Friday and heading out to Italy the day after for the honeymoon. The fiancé isn’t taking it so well, she’s starting to get really upset. I feel so bad, we both have the day off on what was supposed to be our day so I’m gonna do what i can to make the most of it, given the current a situation.

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Tough week coming up, was supposed to be getting married on Friday and heading out to Italy the day after for the honeymoon. The fiancé isn’t taking it so well, she’s starting to get really upset. I feel so bad, we both have the day off on what was supposed to be our day so I’m gonna do what i can to make the most of it, given the current a situation.

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe you can bring a little taste of Italy to your home on the day you’re off.

have you guys set a new date or are you waiting on that? 

11 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe you can bring a little taste of Italy to your home on the day you’re off.

have you guys set a new date or are you waiting on that? 

Yep, November 13th. Friday the 13th lol our options were either that, Black Friday, or a Sunday, so Friday the 13th it is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Came across this on eBay... Think they should charge more as I am sure this has some extra Dawson Knox Helmet, Glove, Jersey, and maybe even cleat marks on it?

Capture.png

That is amazing!

I mean, I'd maybe spend $300 on something like that, not $1300 but still. What a gem. 

9 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Anyone interested in a name change can go to the feedback forum on the bottom of the home page, there is a thread there to request it. You have until July 31st. Figured that may interest some of you with past players 

@marshawn lynch

@leeevans83d

Been thinking about doing this but no idea what i would change it to