This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm going to be up in Buffalo for Thanksgiving week. Anyone have any bar/restaurant recommendations that are a little less well known than the Duffs, Anchor Bar, Schwabls, Pearl Street, etc?

Bar Bill (kind of well known but doesn't always get the proper respect) in East Aurora is a common recommendation for what you're asking for, small and great food. Great Beef on weck and chicken wings.

Also a ton of other good spots in East Aurora. 

Edited by NickChowaniec

53 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Bar Bill (kind of well known but doesn't always get the proper respect) in East Aurora is a common recommendation for what you're asking for, small and great food. Great Beef on weck and chicken wings.

Also a ton of other good spots in East Aurora. 

I've heard of Bar Bill quite a bit but have never made it there. I'll definitely add that to the list. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Been there a couple times actually. My aunt used to love that place and we went to the one of the Boulevard a handful of time.

Hmm. Have you been to Dinosaur BBQ yet? Pretty sure they opened one in Buffalo, that’s a MUST. If you haven’t. It’s originally from Rochester and it’s phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Hmm. Have you been to Dinosaur BBQ yet? Pretty sure they opened one in Buffalo, that’s a MUST. If you haven’t. It’s originally from Rochester and it’s phenomenal.

I haven't heard of that, I'll definitely look it up. I'm usually up in Buffalo at least once or twice a year so I've been to a decent amount of places but I'm always on the look out for something new to try. My cousin lives out near Hamburg so I'm going to the Hamburg Brewing Company which should be awesome. I've had some of their beers but it will be cool going to the actual brewery. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I haven't heard of that, I'll definitely look it up. I'm usually up in Buffalo at least once or twice a year so I've been to a decent amount of places but I'm always on the look out for something new to try. My cousin lives out near Hamburg so I'm going to the Hamburg Brewing Company which should be awesome. I've had some of their beers but it will be cool going to the actual brewery. 

BRUHHHHHHHHH. OMGGGG.

Dinosaur >>>>>Tully’s. It’s so freaking good. Amazing BBQ. Like the best ever. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Rochester? Child please! Dinosaur BBQ is and will always be a Syracuse staple. The original founder a biker traveled the country on his motorcycle and learned BBQ everywhere he went... The Carolinas, Texas, Kansas City, Memphis... You name it. If a place has good bbq then he learned from there. From that he started selling bbq on the road by combining all these techniques of good BBQ he learned. Then after 5 years of selling on the road he settled more permanently into the Syracuse location where it been voted best BBQ in the country... No one would expect that out of a city in upstate New York. I'm a big fan of their pulled pork.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Rochester? Child please! Dinosaur BBQ is and will always be a Syracuse staple. The original founder a biker traveled the country on his motorcycle and learned BBQ everywhere he went... The Carolinas, Texas, Kansas City, Memphis... You name it. If a place has good bbq then he learned from there. From that he started selling bbq on the road by combining all these techniques of good BBQ he learned. Then after 5 years of selling on the road he settled more permanently into the Syracuse location where it been voted best BBQ in the country... No one would expect that out of a city in upstate New York. I'm a big fan of their pulled pork.

That is high praise. Two very positive reviews, I'll definitely give it a try when I'm up there. 

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Lmfao. I honestly thought it was from Rochester. My bad. At least we have garbage plates!

but yeah @LeeEvans the pulled pork is great, the brisket is phenomenal and they do a half chicken which i believe is smoked which is great too.

I believe they have a plate there that allows you to get 3 meats and two sides, tons of food for around 20$