This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

On 4/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Wife and I have been trying for baby number 2 for about a year and half. Maybe the last 4 months have been putting in full effort.

She's due for December. Our poor child will be labeled a Covid-19 baby haha

Great news! Congrats!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday they announced a 24 team  playoff and the Sabres are only 1 of 6 teams not to be involved. So my question is what is going on with them? How can they be this bad with so many young top picks. It is starting to feel like they are the browns and jags of the NHL. I hear mixed information on the GM on whether he will be staying or not but since 2017 I do not see why or how this guy still has a job and from my understanding he isnt going any where for next season either. How can the same owners of the bills be the same owner of the sabres its like they have two completely different versions of how to approach it. It seems to me that having a capable GM is what gets the organizations on track and Botterill needs to go cause he is just not good. Maybe I am missing something?

Edited by soflbillsfan

On 2020-05-27 at 11:21 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Yesterday they announced a 24 team  playoff and the Sabres are only 1 of 6 teams not to be involved. So my question is what is going on with them? How can they be this bad with so many young top picks. It is starting to feel like they are the browns and jags of the NHL. I hear mixed information on the GM on whether he will be staying or not but since 2017 I do not see why or how this guy still has a job and from my understanding he isnt going any where for next season either. How can the same owners of the bills be the same owner of the sabres its like they have two completely different versions of how to approach it. It seems to me that having a capable GM is what gets the organizations on track and Botterill needs to go cause he is just not good. Maybe I am missing something?

They continuously draft out of European and NCAA pools and alot of the guys were projects. 

Over the last 8 years here's a list of failures who at this point should be making up our core

Joel Armia (1)

Mikhail Grigorenko (1)

Alex Nylander (1)

Casey Mittlestadt (1)

Eric Cornel (2)

Justin Bailey (2)

Vaclav Karabacek (2)

Marcus Davidsson (2)

Rasmus Asplund and Ukko Pekka Luukonen look alright as prospects 

Than factor 3 God awful trades with Winnepeg, St. Louis and Minnesota and here we are.

I fully expect another draft that will completely ignore the Canadian market yet again.

I do this every once in a while, but I am an avid Buffalo Bills collector when it comes to autographs. I want to get some ideas form you guys on who I should look for or who has skipped my mind when collecting. Below is a list of current or former Buffalo Bills autographs that I have:

• Jim Kelly
  • Marv Levy
  • Thurman Thomas
  • Bruce Smith
  • Andre Reed
  • Cornelius Bennett
  • James Lofton
  • OJ Simpson
  • Jack Kemp
  • Billy Shaw
  • Joe Delamielleure
  • Joe Cribbs
  • Joe Ferguson
  • Reggie McKenzie
  • Haven Moses
  • Doug Flutie
  • Ruben Brown
  • Jay Riemersma
  • Eric Moulds
  • Drew Bledsoe
  • Aaron Schobel
  • Lee Evans
  • Travis Henry
  • James Hardy
  • CJ Spiller
  • Stevie Johnson
  • Fred Jasckson
  • Mario Williams
  • Trent Edwards
  • Cyrus Kounadjiou
  • Cyril Richrdson
  • Paul Posluszny
  • Kyle Williams
  • Karlos Williams
  • Marcus Easley
  • Leodis McKelvin
  • Ashton Youboty
  • Robert Woods
  • LeSean McCoy
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Marshawn Lynch
  • Marcell Dareus
  • Preston Brown
  • Zay Jones
  • Shaq Lawson
  • Reggie Ragland
  • Ronald Darby
  • Stephon Gilmore
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Trent Murphy
  • Tre'Davious White
  • Zack Moss
  • Stefon Diggs
  • Ed Oliver
  • Devin Singletray
  • John Brown
  • Josh Alllen
  • Micah Hyde

Ideas for additional would include Tremaine Edmuinds (thought I had one), Cole Beasley, Don Beebe, Cookie Gilchrist (tough find), Elbert Dubenion, Gill Byrd, Darryl Talley.

Any others you would want your collection?

@Maxmw22 What kind of autos do you collect? Cards? Variety?

Quite an extensive list. I'd add Dawson Knox. I'd also try to get Gabe Davis, the more I watch of him the more I think he's going to be a successful player here.

I have a few Edmunds cards signed, he has a nice signature. 

4 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

@Maxmw22 What kind of autos do you collect? Cards? Variety?

Quite an extensive list. I'd add Dawson Knox. I'd also try to get Gabe Davis, the more I watch of him the more I think he's going to be a successful player here.

I have a few Edmunds cards signed, he has a nice signature. 

A lot of cards. A few mini helmets, a couple footballs. I have a lot of Jim Kelly stuff. I even had Jim sign an Orange Miami Hurricanes jersey that is personalized. That is probably my favorite.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Wife and I have been trying for baby number 2 for about a year and half. Maybe the last 4 months have been putting in full effort.

She's due for December. Our poor child will be labeled a Covid-19 baby haha

Congrats! We had our first in Sept 19'. It's a blessing, for sure. There ain't a better feeling in the world than coming home from a long day of work and your little guy (or maybe girl in your case!) greets you with a huge smile. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

A lot of cards. A few mini helmets, a couple footballs. I have a lot of Jim Kelly stuff. I even had Jim sign an Orange Miami Hurricanes jersey that is personalized. That is probably my favorite.

If you find guys like Antoine Winfield or Nate Clements those were guys who were solid back in the day as Bills. Drew Bledsoe,  Shawne Merriman and/or Lawyer Milloy. To me all those guys were popular bills at the time not to forget the infamous TO. I can think of a few more but not sure what exactly your criteria is in order to have these names added to your list. As I see some guys that were only bills for a year and some guys who were here their entire career on your list.

15 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If you find guys like Antoine Winfield or Nate Clements those were guys who were solid back in the day as Bills. Drew Bledsoe,  Shawne Merriman and/or Lawyer Milloy. To me all those guys were popular bills at the time not to forget the infamous TO. I can think of a few more but not sure what exactly your criteria is in order to have these names added to your list. As I see some guys that were only bills for a year and some guys who were here their entire career on your list.

I know right? obviously the ones with a year or two were when the Bills got them and the attitude was like "One draft and we got Marshawn Lynch, Paul Posluszny, and Trent Edwards? this is our future" As you could tell I really started collecting around 2006, around the same time I signed up here.

Some of the fun ones I have that are not Buffalo Bills are Steve Young, Paul Warfield, Harlon Hill (the Heiseman for D2), Jim Otto, Jack Youngblood, and Walter Payton. I actually sold an Adrian Peterson one back in 2011 so I could put tires on my truck, money was tight.