This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I remember being on my way to my peewee football meeting when we made the trade for McCargo and having no clue who this guy was. I didn't follow the draft nearly as much as I do now but I was still confused. Of course at that age, I talked myself into loving the pick lol

I have too early draft memories,In 1997 I remember drafting Antwoin Smith when I wanted Warrick Dunn to fall, and in 1996 I had no idea who this Eric Moulds guy was we drafted.

I was 14/13 at the time so you can deduce how old I am from that, haha.

20 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

I have too early draft memories,In 1997 I remember drafting Antwoin Smith when I wanted Warrick Dunn to fall, and in 1996 I had no idea who this Eric Moulds guy was we drafted.

Im right there with you but at that age if you knew what players were like Eric Moulds and weren't from Mississippi you need to join the Bills scouting department. I think once I hit college is when I really started looking at the draft as something other then just a name. I would be able to know who some of these guys were since I followed College ball a lot closer at that time too. 

On 7/20/2020 at 9:39 AM, soflbillsfan said:

what do you mean having marshawn lynch and fred jackson as rb with a ton of needs yet Cj Spiller was the pick at 9. Or the fact that everyone says Maybin was a one year wonder and a combine warrior, who would have ever thought those players would not pan out not to mention Mike Williams at pick 4. The two players I begged the tv to do was move up for Big Ben and move up for AP it wasn't going to cost to much to do that. It was painful to watch back then and I am really hoping that we aren't discussing the 2017- present as a negative thing 10 years from now. 

Who would you put as the bigger bust, Mike Williams or Aaron Maybin?

4 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Haha you’re not much older than man. In 1996 I was learning my ABC from my Kindergarten teacher. 

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who would you put as the bigger bust, Mike Williams or Aaron Maybin?

That could be the biggest debate of the 2000s for the bills. It is tough because you draft an OT at 4 thinking he will be your Blindside anchor and at best was competing against inferior players at the rightside position. Aaron Maybin was just not ideal from the beginning he was not going to fit in with only being like 230 and I believe he was like 6'4 6'5 his frame was so small and lanky for a pass rusher, I knew that he was going to get manhandled at the line. The fact he only made it 2 years without a sack proved he was an awful pick and quickly let go. The kicker was that Orakpo was out there which I wanted and I believe several others on here wanted and clay mathews was mentioned in small circles as well. I was under a different name back then. So it is something that you can argue and say Maybin was worse or Williams was, either way I think it is safe to say those would be 1a and 1b for worst picks in the 2000s

This is what happens though when you have bad regimes every 2-3 years you build up a defense or offense that works then want to restructure everything to fit your mold yet you lose out on key players, you draft players you think will be key in your new system and the mediocre wheel continues to spin as if a hamster is in it.  That was Buddy Nix staple at that time we should have known we were doomed from the beginning. The good thing about Mike Williams that was the nail in the coffin for Donahue. 

Not that this is related but it shows how ridiculous an organization can be with bad coaching and management, as I read the other day that Eichel may be on the trade block. To me that is like saying Josh Allen is on the trade block. It just doesn't make sense. Whether the rumors are true or not you don't let that even get discussed. I am a die hard bills fan and football in general, so Hockey to me isn't as big but they move on from Eichel I may have to call it quits with them because this organization is like the browns of hockey. Not knowing what to do and to ruin elite talent like this for pennies for no reason at all other then him voicing his opinion on constantly losing.

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Jamal Adams saga continues in New York.

Taking public shots at an easy target like Gase isn’t the end of the world but that whole culture there is really questionable. Judging by their schedule I think they’re in for an 0-3 start at least. 

This is exactly what Jalen Ramsey did in Jacksonville, had 2 years remaining left on his contract wants to be paid top dollar and now that they have agreed to table the extension he is upset about it. He took a jab at the owner too calling him a racist and change needs to start at the top, keep in mind the interim owner is the brother because he took the ambassador job for trump in the UK. Either way he is looking to get out but I do not know a team that is willing to give up a 1st if not more plus pay him. I think if it does go down it will mean he will have to wait just like Ramsey is doing in LA on his new pay day and even that may not happen if they do not make playoffs this year. This is why I can never take the jets as serious contenders simply because they keep tripping over themselves on every move they make. Gase hiring 100+ mil in cap space all blown last offseason and nothing to really show for it.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:08 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Adams now a Seahawk.

Great news for this season regarding the Jets. But 4 first round picks in the next two years could be the culture shifting change the Jets need. Their GM is legit.

this is disappointing because he never was a big factor against the bills. People have broken down film when he faced the bills and it wasnt anything special. He is a good safety but getting 2 first rd picks in return is huge for them. Safety isnt a top position on defense to warrant that much draft capital. I just hope the jets are the jets and blow those late 1st rd picks like they usually do for their 2nd rd picks. As a bills fan I hope Gase sticks around because no matter what that culture will not shift in a good direction just look at the dolphins and the players who complained about him once he had left. He is as toxic as Adams has been for them so it will be interesting. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

this is disappointing because he never was a big factor against the bills. People have broken down film when he faced the bills and it wasnt anything special. He is a good safety but getting 2 first rd picks in return is huge for them. Safety isnt a top position on defense to warrant that much draft capital. I just hope the jets are the jets and blow those late 1st rd picks like they usually do for their 2nd rd picks. As a bills fan I hope Gase sticks around because no matter what that culture will not shift in a good direction just look at the dolphins and the players who complained about him once he had left. He is as toxic as Adams has been for them so it will be interesting. 

Joe Douglas has a good first draft on paper. With these picks he’ll be able to make his stamp on the team. The chances they hit all of them or that any of them turn into all pro/ HOF potential like Adams isn’t likely. 

45 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Joe Douglas has a good first draft on paper. With these picks he’ll be able to make his stamp on the team. The chances they hit all of them or that any of them turn into all pro/ HOF potential like Adams isn’t likely. 

we will see but the jets draft track record has been pretty bad as only 1 first round pick since 2010 has received a 2nd contract with them. 

Anyone have any legal advice for me? My wedding venue required a $5,000 deposit, which we now want to cancel due to the circumstances and have a smaller back yard reception with family and some friends. This was originally stated as non refundable, but given everything going on (they are requiring some people sit down stairs, some sit up stairs, face masks etc) do we have a leg to stand on in getting our deposit back?

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

we will see but the jets draft track record has been pretty bad as only 1 first round pick since 2010 has received a 2nd contract with them. 

I agree. That’s why I’m not too worried about them receiving the picks. Unless it lands them Trevor Lawrence. Not even the Jets could screw him up.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Anyone have any legal advice for me? My wedding venue required a $5,000 deposit, which we now want to cancel due to the circumstances and have a smaller back yard reception with family and some friends. This was originally stated as non refundable, but given everything going on (they are requiring some people sit down stairs, some sit up stairs, face masks etc) do we have a leg to stand on in getting our deposit back?

Are you in NY? Sometimes venues will put in clauses to protect  themselves from natural disasters or unforseen circumstances that would cause them to cancel. Their could be a loop hole somewhere in there. 

I unfortunately don’t know much about it though.

57 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Are you in NY? Sometimes venues will put in clauses to protect  themselves from natural disasters or unforseen circumstances that would cause them to cancel. Their could be a loop hole somewhere in there. 

I unfortunately don’t know much about it though.

I am in NY