This Ain't Bills Talk 2.0 OT1

Thelonebillsfan

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah the NFL better have some contingencies in place because this season could snowball quick.

The issue with pushing the playoffs back is now the first seed has a two week bye which coaches won’t like. And in this scenario it would be playoff relevant but what if it’s the jets and jags playing and there is zero playoff meaning to it? Should the whole playoffs be moved for that?

The only other option I could think of is, if the Titans get another case or two but then that’s it, they could always push the Bills/Titans game back to Monday and then unfortunately move the Bills/Chiefs game off of Thursday night And make it Sunday afternoon. It’s not ideal at all but they may cause less headaches down the road. 

Yes I cant imagine them having to forfeit a game but at the same time do you want to risk an outbreak because players are starting to pop up with positive tests. they need to be quarantined for 14 days so that is this week and next week even if it is monday night you have no time to prep if you are in a bubble for those 2 weeks (based on testing this past monday) because it was the day they were positive. Ideally you have to keep games like this because they are both 3-0 but like you said if it was a jets jags they should still play the week of the playoffs but shouldnt impact them. I say play because that could dictate draft position as well, so it is only fair. Hopefully they have an idea soon on how to prevent further spread and without cancelling more games.

Something they should do, which is long overdue (and used to be around anyways) is extending the regular season to 18 weeks with each team getting 2 byes. Would allow for more movement if needed as well as additional time for players to get healthy from injuries.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

In Sabres news, we signed Taylor Hall...hopefully this will let Reinhart play his natural position of C on the 2nd line if we have a first line of Hall-Eichel-Skinnner/Olofsson.

Couldn't believe the news when it happened. SO excited for Hall.

I don't see Reinhart playing center ever again honestly, especially when our overall RW depth is poor (hence why I think we pulled the trigger on Jack Quinn). He's excelled in the role he's in. That's also why we got Eric Staal, he's a perfect stop-gap at 2C while we let Cozens develop.

I think we'll see Hall - Eichel - Olofsson // Skinner - Staal - Reinhart

We actually look legit now with that top 6. Not too pleased with the bottom 6 but there's still some time to make moves.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

I don't see Reinhart playing center ever again honestly, especially when our overall RW depth is poor (hence why I think we pulled the trigger on Jack Quinn). He's excelled in the role he's in. That's also why we got Eric Staal, he's a perfect stop-gap at 2C while we let Cozens develop.

We actually look legit now with that top 6. Not too pleased with the bottom 6 but there's still some time to make moves.

I do not follow the sabres as much as I do the bills but there were concerns of so much talk about Eichel being on the trade block, is this just rumors or is this something they are taking seriously? I just dont see how a franchise trying to compete dumps a talented guy like that. He is no McDavid but he is still a top tier talented player. Why is this even being discussed as a possibility?

4 hours ago, Nick said:

I get yah, I remembered the Staal trade after posting this. I still hold out hope for Reinhart going back to C, but I am sure that is a pipe dream. I know Olofsson did well before injuries on the first line, but I still can't understand the idea of having Skinner play on Eichel's line when we got him, put up big numbers, sign him to a huge contract, then take him off Eichel's line.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I do not follow the sabres as much as I do the bills but there were concerns of so much talk about Eichel being on the trade block, is this just rumors or is this something they are taking seriously? I just dont see how a franchise trying to compete dumps a talented guy like that. He is no McDavid but he is still a top tier talented player. Why is this even being discussed as a possibility?

It's definitely not a possibility. People just like the drama of it because we've been playing poorly. Anyone losing as much as he has it probably would make ya unhappy. I think the organization knows signing a guy like Hall is a major improvement to team morale and just the overall commitment to winning, and that's what Jack wanted. I don't think he wanted out but it's an easy conclusion for an uneducated outsider to try and drum up with all the losing. Easy headline to get peoples attention.. 

The GM came out and said he's not moving him as well. 

3 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I get yah, I remembered the Staal trade after posting this. I still hold out hope for Reinhart going back to C, but I am sure that is a pipe dream. I know Olofsson did well before injuries on the first line, but I still can't understand the idea of having Skinner play on Eichel's line when we got him, put up big numbers, sign him to a huge contract, then take him off Eichel's line.

I think the hope is that Staal + Skinner have some chemistry as they've played together before in Carolina. As much as I agree and would love Skinner with Eichel, Krueger didn't play him with Eichel much at all last year.

I think Reinhart has carved out a really nice role for himself as a RW. I don't see him moving honestly, why change something that's working? He didn't do all that great at center before. I think Cozens is the future 2C. If we lock Reino up long term as I expect... I would entertain the idea of him being our 3C when Jack Quinn is ready to step up at RW.

In two years with Okposo one year from finally being off the books, I'd love to see this:

Hall (hoping we can afford a long-term deal if he meshes well) - Eichel - Olofsson
Skinner - Cozens - Jack Quinn
Mittelstadt - Reino - Tage Thompson
Girgensons - Pekar? - Okposo

(Defense has a very mysterious future outside the top two)
Dahlin - Joki
Bryson/??? - Ryan Johnson/??? 
Samuelson/??? - Borgen/???  

UPL
Ullmark 

Edited by Nick

• 3 weeks later...

So I was looking at the NFL schedule and noticed the Jets vs Pats on MNF. You think Bill will be an evil genius and actually tank that game? Not only will it be a better draft spot for them to go qb but also knock the Jets out of #1 pick. I think it would be a long term move that would be in the Patriots best interest. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I think it would be a great move for the Bills lol.

• 2 weeks later...