Elliott detained after Vegas scuffle

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, Northland said:

Couldn't agree more.  My concern is how the NFL arbitrarily applies and interprets its rules.

I have too for a while now. I hope we remember these instances when we don't have NFL football in 2021. 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:56 AM, Northland said:

Couldn't agree more.  My concern is how the NFL arbitrarily applies and interprets its rules.

I think issue like this will be major talking points during the next CBA negotiation. Goodell has too much authority and too much latitude, and has proven that his decisions are not only inconsistent, but biased.

Edited by plan9misfit

On 5/30/2019 at 8:10 AM, D82 said:

This basically sums it up. 

More than how he treated a min wage rent a cop, did you see how he treated the girl?

Zeke is a bully and a ******. He is really good at football, but he is also a jerk. That is apparent. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

More than how he treated a min wage rent a cop, did you see how he treated the girl?

Zeke is a bully and a ******. He is really good at football, but he is also a jerk. That is apparent. 

So he’s “really good at football,” but he's overrated. Interesting 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This. It’s starting to feel like we may have given Zeke a little too much benefit of the doubt two years ago. This isn’t just some little deviant jokester, this is a man engaging in behaviors that would rightly deeply concern any friend, family, or associate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matt79511 said:

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This. It’s starting to feel like we may have given Zeke a little too much benefit of the doubt two years ago. This isn’t just some little deviant jokester, this is a man engaging in behaviors that would rightly deeply concern any friend, family, or associate.

Probably. I wouldn’t pay him what he’s going to want regardless, his off field history has only reinforced that.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably. I wouldn’t pay him what he’s going to want regardless, his off field history has only reinforced that.

Given his off field history, a lucrative long term extension is a big risk.  It needs to be discussed internally but I don't want to tie up valuable salary cap dollars with a player who is a higher off the field risk

With his style of running, I can't imagine he plays into his 30s.

I was always down for a 2nd contract, because he'll only be 24/25 when it comes time. You could give him a 5 year deal on his 2nd contract and still be done with it before he turns 30.

But he has to mature a little bit.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:
2 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

This is NOT good news

He needs the Dez rules. It was very widely rumored he had a drug and alcohol problem in college. It doesnt appear anything has changed. Until it does, he isnt someone we can reasonably rely on - - especially as long as Goodell is commish.