Elliott detained after Vegas scuffle

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, eagles suck said:

Zeke shouldn't get suspended for this crap. This is so overblown. Even if so this is why you bring in guys like Pollard and Weber. I would love to see this young 1,2 punch  against the weak beginning schedule we have. 

Except Pollard isn't a natural RB. He's a gadget player. He allegedly improvised to much to follow the design of a play. Maybe he can learn. Weber on the other hand is a traditional RB but battled on going hamstring issues in 2017, missed time with a foot strain last year, and has already gone down with a knee scare at a Cowboys practice. I think he is what he is. Relying on an athlete to learn how to be a pro RB, and a glass doll wont be fun. Don't forget about Darius Jackson! He may be the only real option if Zeke is gone.

Edited by DaBoys

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, qualifications are:

Must be at least 250 pounds and fast. Must be willing and able to tackle the best Running back in the game of football. 

LVE might need a side job

Ahh the Dez rules for Zeke. No way a 1 yr player in LVE could reign him in. He would get ran over. My vote goes to Jaylon. He has the strength to ragdoll Zeke into submission, for his own good. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Zeke either needs to not drink or hire someone to keep him out of trouble in these situations.  

I hope the NFL doesn't make a big deal about this. He's only 23. He will mature and grow from this incident. 

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Ahh the Dez rules for Zeke. No way a 1 yr player in LVE could reign him in. He would get ran over. My vote goes to Jaylon. He has the strength to ragdoll Zeke into submission, for his own good. 

What about Dak? He's the leader right? Or is Zeke the leader? Or is it Crawford? Witten and DWare? Greg Hardy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

What about Dak? He's the leader right? Or is Zeke the leader? Or is it Crawford? Witten and DWare? Greg Hardy?

Zeke's the leader. Lee was until Dez exposed him last year as Snake Lee. Crawford is too busy wrestling and hammerfisting bar bouncers who call him an overpaid bum in nightclubs to care. Witten is old and DWare is only in it cause he misses those fat paychecks Jerry use to write him while playing for the Broncos. 

And as for Dak, we all know what happened the last time he was seen in a fight...

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I hope the NFL doesn't make a big deal about this. He's only 23. He will mature and grow from this incident. 

No, he won't. You see, gifted athletes like Zeke have been given preferentail treatment their entire lives.

Dude has a big heart, no doubt. But ever school they attended from middle school on did well to cover any misconduct so that he may reach his potential one day.

I now teach in a High School and I have seen this sort of thing at virtually every grade level.

If this behavior was dealt with properly at a younger age, it would not be an issue today.

People like that have no respect for the gift they have been given. 

The behavior is ingrained at this point. It will not change.

You think missing 6 games and costing your teammates a trip to the playoffs, AND watching your rival win a SB might have been enough to straighten a kid out?

Nope, because he is not used to discipline. Never had to deal with it before.

So, fudge him, suspend his arse all year. Iggles won with a boat load of subs, why can't we?

• Like 1

I don't know how this will play out but I'm just shaking my head.  These athletes work hard their whole lives to get where they are.  Yet in an era of unprecedented surveillance where everyone has a camera and where your every public moment, good and bad will be captured some find themselves in potentially compromising circumstances.  Now said cameras may very well exonerate Zeke but why put yourself in that position in the first place?  He does good charitable and community work but still he needs to give his head a shake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I don't know how this will play out but I'm just shaking my head.  These athletes work hard their whole lives to get where they are.  Yet in an era of unprecedented surveillance where everyone has a camera and where your every public moment, good and bad will be captured some find themselves in potentially compromising circumstances.  Now said cameras may very well exonerate Zeke but why put yourself in that position in the first place?  He does good charitable and community work but still he needs to give his head a shake.

Dude is a great person. But he is either dumb as stump or he simply overlooks consequences. That's a learned behavior.

If Zeke gets suspended we do not have anyone on the rooster that can be counted on.  And no if Zeke gets suspended for any significant time then Moore Dak JG all get a pass as it’s way to late in the year to do any  thing productive anbiut adapting to no Zeke. Especially as like last time the league will probably wait tell last minute before the season starts

I haven’t seen the vid so don’t have much opinion.   And frankly it’s any ones guess what the league will do. 

This also is evidence of just how much the world has changed over the years if the athletes of the past had to face the scrutiny that they do now. 

I know things are better as it wasn’t right what the past athletes used to get away with but man in some ways the pendulum has swung the other way a normal person would have faced zero consequences for what little I saw of the Zeke incident.  yet that incident could ultimately cost Zeke Millions. 

On 5/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, DaBoys said:

He is a psych major, so I think he should. And when the two of them hung out, they just went to strip clubs. 

On 5/20/2019 at 8:10 PM, Tony7188 said:

Zeke's the leader. Lee was until Dez exposed him last year as Snake Lee. Crawford is too busy wrestling and hammerfisting bar bouncers who call him an overpaid bum in nightclubs to care. Witten is old and DWare is only in it cause he misses those fat paychecks Jerry use to write him while playing for the Broncos. 

And as for Dak, we all know what happened the last time he was seen in a fight...

Zeke isnt a leader. Dont be silly. No one speaks of Zekes leadership abilities. 

On 5/20/2019 at 8:23 PM, Rtnldave said:

No, he won't. You see, gifted athletes like Zeke have been given preferentail treatment their entire lives.

Dude has a big heart, no doubt. But ever school they attended from middle school on did well to cover any misconduct so that he may reach his potential one day.

I now teach in a High School and I have seen this sort of thing at virtually every grade level.

If this behavior was dealt with properly at a younger age, it would not be an issue today.

People like that have no respect for the gift they have been given. 

The behavior is ingrained at this point. It will not change.

You think missing 6 games and costing your teammates a trip to the playoffs, AND watching your rival win a SB might have been enough to straighten a kid out?

Nope, because he is not used to discipline. Never had to deal with it before.

So, fudge him, suspend his arse all year. Iggles won with a boat load of subs, why can't we?

Players used to snort coke at halftime. Dont be one of those "kids today" people. 

On 5/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, Calvert28 said:

Time for boy wonder to prove his genius.

We've seen what Dak can do without Zeke or really what he can't do without. So lets hope Moore can change that and make him better.

You know it was the fact that his pressure rate doubled. It wasnt Zeke, it was losing Smith which in turn exposed Cooper. You know how we know? Because his struggles continued into the next year even when we had Zeke. Hell, they continued in 2017 with Zeke as well. On the other hand, went through 2 OL coaches. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He is a psych major, so I think he should. And when the two of them hung out, they just went to strip clubs. 

Zeke isnt a leader. Dont be silly. No one speaks of Zekes leadership abilities. 

Players used to snort coke at halftime. Dont be one of those "kids today" people. 

You know it was the fact that his pressure rate doubled. It wasnt Zeke, it was losing Smith which in turn exposed Cooper. You know how we know? Because his struggles continued into the next year even when we had Zeke. Hell, they continued in 2017 with Zeke as well. On the other hand, went through 2 OL coaches. 

I'm not saying this stuff didn't happen in the past. Sure it did. Ever hear of the "white house" back in the 90's?

But if Zeke had the sense of a houseplant, he would know EVERYTHING is recorded and taken out of context and, as a result, punished.

Please don't be so easy to dismiss my point with "kids of today."

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yep. Nothing is ever Daks fault. Just bad all-pro talent around him.