Elliott detained after Vegas scuffle

WizardHawk

57 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yep. Nothing is ever Daks fault. Just bad all-pro talent around him. 

If you think Chaz Green and Johnathan Cooper are all pro you need to readjust your perspective. Neither one of them is even a starter. 

Or is it all pro Allen Hurns? The guy that the Jags didnt even want? Hobbled Dez? The same guy no one in the league wants to touch because he is a shell of himself?

Maybe quit overrating the talent on the team to ish on Dak. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I'm not saying this stuff didn't happen in the past. Sure it did. Ever hear of the "white house" back in the 90's?

But if Zeke had the sense of a houseplant, he would know EVERYTHING is recorded and taken out of context and, as a result, punished.

Please don't be so easy to dismiss my point with "kids of today."

Im saying star athletes have always been this way. The greatest defender in the league (LT) liked to bang teenagers. The greatest basketball player (MJ) liked to beat his wife. Hell, there are a lot of rumors that Jerry has his own drug dealer so players wont be caught buying from a stranger.

Zeke is just another moron. Its not like being a moron is exclusive to "kids today". If anything young people are more cognizant of their actions.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

If you think Chaz Green and Johnathan Cooper are all pro you need to readjust your perspective. Neither one of them is even a starter. 

Or is it all pro Allen Hurns? The guy that the Jags didnt even want? Hobbled Dez? The same guy no one in the league wants to touch because he is a shell of himself?

Maybe quit overrating the talent on the team to ish on Dak. 

Aikman did it with Harper, Tuinei and Gesek in 92 and Tuinei had never started LT before the 92 season and they still went to a SB. So again stop making excuses. Great ones find a way like Aikman did with Irvin and Smith. And TBH we have arguably a better line then they did and Zeke is probably a better RB then Smith was hands down in terms of on the field play.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Aikman did it with Harper, Tuinei and Gesek in 92 and Tuinei had never started LT before the 92 season and they still went to a SB. So again stop making excuses. Great ones find a way like Aikman did with Irvin and Smith. And TBH we have arguably a better line then they did and Zeke is probably a better RB then Smith was hands down in terms of on the field play.

They turned out to be capable players. Chaz and Cooper are not. I mean, Coopers on his 4th team for a reason. And if our line is so stout, why did it get credited over 40 sacks and get ranked 28th in the league for pass blocking?

Again, you are overstating our talent. Multiple sites have chastised it. Zeke probably covers up a lot of the warts. Fully healthy they are maybe, but they havent been healthy since 2016.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

They turned out to be capable players. Chaz and Cooper are not. I mean, Coopers on his 4th team for a reason. And if our line is so stout, why did it get credited over 40 sacks and get ranked 28th in the league for pass blocking?

Again, you are overstating our talent. Multiple sites have chastised it. Zeke probably covers up a lot of the warts. Fully healthy they are maybe, but they havent been healthy since 2016.

Again the great ones find a way. So maybe he actually does something this year besides a one and done or we stop talking about him as a viable part of our future.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Again the great ones find a way. So maybe he actually does something this year besides a one and done or we stop talking about him as a viable part of our future.

So you are placing the failures of an entire organization on one guy? I think you would be better served becoming a pats fan. But they fail sometimes too.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you are placing the failures of an entire organization on one guy? I think you would be better served becoming a pats fan. But they fail sometimes too.

No it's time for the excuse making to stop. Just about every player outside of the QB is nothing more then a tool. Coaches and the QB have to know how to use them and this team is about as complete as we have seen since the 90's.

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

No it's time for the excuse making to stop. Just about every player outside of the QB is nothing more then a tool. Coaches and the QB have to know how to use them and this team is about as complete as we have seen since the 90's.

First off go take this approach to Dan Marino .....    I guess you wouldn’t want him as your franchise QB sense he never could make it happen 

I would say 2010 and 2014 team was way more a complete team then last years 

11 hours ago, quiller said:

First off go take this approach to Dan Marino .....    I guess you wouldn’t want him as your franchise QB sense he never could make it happen 

I would say 2010 and 2014 team was way more a complete team then last years 

If I knew we would never win with Marino and he was a liability when it counted then I might just replace him. 

You guys do realize that we are one of the most complete teams in the league right? I mean, Dak is not a diamond in the rough. He isn't being lowered and let down by his team. 

And did someone say the 6-10, 2010 Dallas Cowboys were more complete than our elite 8 team last year!?? Gtfo with that Dak koolaid

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He isn't being lowered and let down by his team. 

Not his rookie year, but he absolutely has been let down the last 2 years. 

I think if we can stay relatively healthy this year we are complete. But an injury to Cooper probably bones us with the suspect depth at WR. And we dont really know yet how Smith/Fredrick injuries will heal along with the growth of Williams.

Defensively we seem to be pretty deep at all layers. But we need a better gameplan than the won we had in the playoffs.

And then there is Zeke. Does the league overreact and suspend him. Again. 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not his rookie year, but he absolutely has been let down the last 2 years. 

How so? I get 2017 and the Atlanta stuff and Zeke suspension, but 2018? No sir. Our passing game and ability to simply move the ball through the air was the worst part of our team for much of the season. Amari definatly helped, but there were games that he disappeared and it was shut down again.

Yet we made the final 8 with a top 5 defense, the leagues leading rusher, Zack Martin, and the highest rated pass blocking LT. I don't buy that Connor Williams/XSF played a major downgrade. We've been rotating trash in and out of the LG position for years. Nothing changed.

Jason Witten, and Travis Frederick let Dak down, I agree. Those were major losses. 

But other QBs have to deal with much worse than being on an all star team but playing behind a serviceable center with young TEs.

I hated Scott Linehan for this team. I have for years. In the old archive forum my location was "Not A Fan of Linehan."

I think Dak is a duel threat QB. Most duel threat QBs have accuracy issues. Im talking real duel threat. Not just mobile in the pocket. They make up for it with their ability to run. Vick, McNabb, Cunningham, and Cam all come to mind. I think Dak can be more useful if they take the reins off of him. He isn't going to be a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or some other fixed pillar in the pocket. 

I think Dak can succeed in this league and firing Scott Linehan was a great first step. If he was brought down by anyone, he was at the top of my list. I think this is setting up for Dak to have a career year. This time of the year hope always springs eternal.

Edited by DaBoys

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

How so? I get 2017 and the Atlanta stuff and Zeke suspension, but 2018? No sir. Our passing game and ability to simply move the ball through the air was the worst part of our team for much of the season. Amari definatly helped, but there were games that he disappeared and it was shut down again.

Yet we made the final 8 with a top 5 defense, the leagues leading rusher, Zack Martin, and the highest rated pass blocking LT. I don't buy that Connor Williams/XSF played a major downgrade. We've been rotating trash in and out of the LG position for years. Nothing changed.

Jason Witten, and Travis Frederick let Dak down, I agree. Those were major losses. 

But other QBs have to deal with much worse than being on an all star team but playing behind a serviceable center with young TEs.

I hated Scott Linehan for this team. I have fir years. In the old archive forum my location was "Not A Fan of Linehan."

I think Dak is a duel threat QB. Most duel threat QBs have accuracy issues. Im talking real duel threat. Not just mobile in the pocket. They make up for it with their ability to run. Vick, McNabb, Cunningham, and Cam all come to mind. I think Dak can be more useful if they take the reins off of him. He isn't going to be a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or some other fixed pillar in the pocket. 

I think Dak can succeed in this league and firing Scott Linehan was a great first step. I think this is setting up for Dak to have a career year. This time of the year hope always springs eternal.

You give a QB the worst WR group in the league and a bottom 5 pass blocking OL and you dont understand how he was let down?

The coaching staff/front office was dumb enough to believe Cole beasely was an adequate #1 WR. That Blake Jarwin was a suitable TE. The cast offs from the Texans lineman, who have a horrible OL, is what our team needed. That the fired Bengals OL coach was good enough to be ours - and that Linehan should stay onboard and be the leader of our offense.

All of those were huge failures that lowered Dak's ability to compete.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You give a QB the worst WR group in the league and a bottom 5 pass blocking OL and you dont understand how he was let down?

The coaching staff/front office was dumb enough to believe making Cole beasely was an adequate #1 WR. That Blake Jarwin was a suitable TE. The cast offs from the Texans, who have a horrible OL, is what our team needed. That the fired Bengals OL coach was good enough to be ours - and that Linehan should stay onboard and be the leader of our offense.

All of those were huge failures that lowered Dak's ability to compete.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. 

That should be Daks soup slogan. "This soup fills you up like my excuses fill up footballs future."

Hey, I didn't want to fire Dez and replace him with Hurns. I was pissed about that. Witten retired. That's on Witten. That's not on the coaching staff. They sure as hell didn't want that to happen days before the draft and after free agency. 

But at what point do we start to actually blame the QB for the passing woes?

Passing game sucks so:

We fired Dez. We hired "Dak friendly" WRs. We drafted a WR in the 3rd. We drafted a LG in the 2nd. We fired our OL coach. We traded our first round pick for a WR. We fired Scott Linehan. Jason Garrett wasn't extended. We talked Witten out of retirement. We drafted ANOTHER offensive lineman in the 3rd. We let Beasley walk, and signed Cobb. 

I mean who else is left to can? Jason Garrett? Okay and then what? We have drafted more OL in the first 3 rounds than any other team I can think of since Tyron Smith. We have completely overhauled the the WRs to "fit" what Dak "needs." We have fired everybody involved in the passing game except our coach who is getting put on the hot seat over it. There is no one else to change out after JG except Dak himself. We have narrowed the problem down to two. If the problems continue in the passing game this year, JG is out. 

I said last offseason after the big moves to the WR position and drafting a guard early that the excuses are gone. Now a year later, with even more moves to the WR position, even more drafted OL, and more people fired over our passing game, I'll say it again.

NO MORE EXCUSES. If Dak can't do better this year, he is what he is. A bus driver. I bet even Daniel Jones could hand it to Zeke and run a little sometimes. Haskins fell to 15. Drew Lock. I'd rather pay little for a QB who does little.

• Like 1