Sign in to follow this  
Jerry

Projecting the Raiders Win Total

How many games will the Raiders win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Raiders win?

• 0-4 wins
    • 5 wins
    • 6 wins
    • 7 wins
    • 8 wins
    • 9 wins
    • 10 wins
    • 11 wins
    • 12 wins
    • 13 wins
    • 14-16 wins
    • !!!Perfect Season!!!

Posted (edited)

We do this every offseason.  So I thought I'd move forward with creating this topic.

I personally hope we hit 8-8.  I think we will be much improved, but we have the Chiefs and Chargers for 4 games, along with a very brutal schedule.  On top of traveling more than every other team in the NFL.  I believe we have a span of like 4 away games in a row with a "home" game inbetween those 4 which happens to be against the Bears overseas.  

I think our year to truly compete is next year.  With another solid offseason and two picks in the first round, we should be hitting the playoffs our first year in Vegas.

Week 1 - @ home agains the Broncos - Win 1-0

Week 2 - @ home against the Chiefs - Lose 1-1

Week 3 - @ Vikings - Lose 1-2

Week 4 - @ Colts - Lose 1-3

Week 5 - Bears in London I believe - Lose 1-4

Week 6 - Bye week

Week 7 - @ Packers - Win 2-4

Week 8 - @ Texans - Lose 2-5

Week 9 - @ home against the Lions - Win 3-5

Week 10 - @ home against the Chargers - Lose 3-6

Week 11 - @ home against the Bengals - Win 4-6

Week 12 - @ Jets - Win 5-6

Week 13 - @ Chiefs - Lose 5-7

Week 14 - @ home against the Titans - Win 6-7

Week 15 - @ home against the Jaguars - Win 7-7

Week 16 - @ Chargers - Lose 7-8

Week 17 - @ Broncos - Win 8-8

If I were to toss up any two games where we split .500 it would be the Vikings at week 3 or the Packers week 7.  I think we can pull off winning one of those two and chose us winning against the Packers.  The Packers went 6-9-1 last season and have a new HC.  Until I see it, I don't think we have what it takes to beat the Chiefs or Chargers.  I think we can sweep the Flacco led Broncos, we'll see.

Edited by Jerry

Posted (edited)

I will be placing a wager at the superbook in Vegas when I return to Vegas after training camp in August and will be going over 6.5. Take all emotions out of it and I see at least 7 wins. 7 wins is what I see and you hope you can pull out two or three surprise wins to push for a playoff spot. 

If the offense is as good as it looks on paper then 7 wins shouldn’t be an issue it should lead you to more than 7 wins. This season falls on the shoulders of Gruden. He got the best WR in football paid an OT to a monster contract signed Tyrell Williams got his RB. Time for Gruden to show the offensive genius people claim him to be. 

Edited by agarcia34

6 would be my guess but wouldn’t be shocked with anything in the 4-8 area. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Week 1 - @ home against the Broncos - Win 1-0 

We expose Flacco.

Week 2 - @ home against the Chiefs - Loss 1-1

Keep it close at home but Chiefs are still to good.

Week 3 - @ Vikings - Loss 1-2

First punch to the gut in a 2+ TD loss.

Week 4 - @ Colts - Win 2-2

Rookies show first signs of life and others start buying into Grudock.

Week 5 - Bears in London I believe - Loss 2-3 

Pass rushers are really hard to find.  This includes Miller on the left who gives up 3+ sacks.  Time to lick our wounds on a bye week after being humiliated.

Week 6 - Bye week

Week 7 - @ Packers - Win 3-3 

We come out swinging and the team is hungry and Rodgers is not Rodgers or hurt.

Week 8 - @ Texans - Win 4-3

This will be the surprise victory that has fans asking for players to get one more year because we flashed as a team.

Week 9 - @ home against the Lions - Win 5-3 

Close win and this is when I start to believe so things will fall apart.

Week 10 - @ home against the Chargers - Loss 5-4 

Just to good of a team.  

Week 11 - @ home against the Bengals - Win 6-4

Bengals are falling apart in the second half again.  We are a better team regardless.

Week 12 - @ Jets - Win 7-4 

Wait was I wrong and we are getting better. 

Week 13 - @ Chiefs - Loss 7-5

Nope.  3rd humiliating loss of the year and the team starts to have locker room issues while the rookies start hitting the wall.

Week 14 - @ home against the Titans - Loss 7-6

Close loss but we give the game away.

Week 15 - @ home against the Jaguars - Loss 7-7

The battle of 2 of the top DE rookies.  Miller gets exposed, gets Carr hurt, and we move Brown to the left.  No chance for playoffs so the team decides to go

with Landry Jones.  Close loss.

Week 16 - @ Chargers - Loss 7-8

Another close loss but Landry Jones has the team fighting and the Chargers are playing for home field in the playoffs.

Week 17 - @ Broncos - Loss 7-9 

And Gruden tells the media that he did not want Ferrell.  His first choice was the rookie QB who just beat us.  Sad part he truly believes his own BS.  Bye Carr.

7-9 is optimistic and we are probably going to have 5 or 6 wins.

Edited by drfrey13

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

7-9 is optimistic and we are probably going to have 5 or 6 wins.

If we go 7 and 5 just to miss the playoffs, my heart is going to break. If we are that good, the only team we really need to give our all to beat would be the Chargers. Jaguars and Broncos should be two games we can come out on top of if we are good enough to get to 7 and 5.

Edited by Jerry

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

If we go 7 and 5 just to miss the playoffs, my heart is going to break. If we are that good, the only team we really need to give our all to beat would be the Chargers. Jaguars and Broncos should be two games we can come out on top of if we are good enough to get to 7 and 5.

This team has a chance to shock in either direction because there are so many ? marks and some of the unfortunate things, self inflicted (Mack and Cooper) and bad luck (injuries), should have less of an impact this year.  I think 6 wins is a good baseline for expectations.  I think the chances are pretty high that we close out the year going 1-4 though.

Try to be optimistic here :)

Week 1 - @ home agains the Broncos - Win 1-0
We come out of the gates firing with everything we got and the Broncos need time to gel with the new coaching staff.

Week 2 - @ home against the Chiefs - Win 2-0
At home we play after a big opening W and it turns out to be a shootout. The Chiefs CB's could be super bad, so I would expect a ~80point overall game, where we win by a late FG.

Week 3 - @ Vikings - Lose 2-1
First road game after two emotional and full effort divisional games, against a strong squad. First L of the season.

Week 4 - @ Colts - Lose 2-2
That Colts roster is loaded and will be too much to handle.

Week 5 - Bears in London I believe - Win 3-2
That week before the week will be super anoying to everyone on the team. All that talk about Mack and the trade. The fantastic Bears D takes a hit with the new DC and Turbo can be rattled, so after a big prep talk we manage to get a W.

Week 6 - Bye week

Week 7 - @ Packers - Lose 3-3
Rodgers is still Rodgers, that D will get much better. L

Week 8 - @ Texans - Win 4-3
That OL is still a joke, we finish a tough road schedule with a W.

Week 9 - @ home against the Lions - Win 5-3
First home game in a while, should be great atmoshere.

Week 10 - @ home against the Chargers - Lose 5-4
That team is pretty strong and this could be their year.

Week 11 - @ home against the Bengals - Win 6-4
New staff there, not that strong team, so we can bounce back here.

Week 12 - @ Jets - Win 7-4
New staff, 2nd year QB, lots of new players.

Week 13 - @ Chiefs - Lose 7-5
Easy L at Arrowhead.

Week 14 - @ home against the Titans - Win 8-5
By this time Mariota should be banged up and slowed down.

Week 15 - @ home against the Jaguars - Win 9-5
Last game in Oakland. Huge emotional game against a team, who could be totally dismantled by that time.

Week 16 - @ Chargers - Lose - 9-6
Chargers playing for homefield here and beat us up.

Week 17 - @ Broncos - Win 10-6
Lock is behind center by this time after Flacco struggles in the mayority of the season and we ride out on a happy note with a solid record, but without PO, since the Chargers and the Chiefs finish ahead of us.

5 wins and it's pretty easy to see why:

Oline - Cable has consistently shown he can't coach an Oline in pass pro and they Raiders offense needs that

Pass rush - way to much pressure on Ferrell and ability of 2nd year guys to "take the next step". Not a single consistent pass rusher on the team. 

In summary.... if you can't protect the passer and you can't rush the passer, you won't win a lot of games. Throw in a brutal schedule and it's a recipe for a 5 win season. 

Depends on oline for offense coupled with Carr. 

Defense will be improved just from having more speed overall and another year from rookie dts. 

I can see us starting slow and coming on mid to end of season. Maybe starting 2-4. Then going 5-5.

6-10 and I could easily see a worse record. More than two years away...

Posted (edited)

good goal would be 7 wins and internal growth with a few good wins..  would be nice to be in the mix for wild card all year and finish with 9 to 10 wins.... 

I think one more offseason, and developing our youth we would be a tough time to deal with in the future. just in time for Vegas which I think was Mark/Grudens plan 

Edited by Humble_Beast