Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Sounds good. I look forward to reading more on this website each and every day from Browns fans, poring over his OTA interviews and reciting his stats from memory, about how much they're not mad and are actually laughing about Lamar Jackson.

And I'll continue to worry about the fact that in the rookie year he was never supposed to start because he was supposedly so much of a project, he won us the division playing in an offense they made up on the fly midseason and already beat the GOAT Baker Hypebeast once without even knowing how to throw! Since rookie QB's never improve, I think it's probably over for both of them; the guy who can't throw, and the guy who can't beat the guy who can't throw. 

And I look forward to Ravens fans making excuses for Tebow 2.0 when teams are stacking the box and Lamar can’t complete a simple 15 yard pass.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

And I look forward to Ravens fans making excuses for Tebow 2.0 when teams are stacking the box and Lamar can’t complete a simple 15 yard pass.

...and yet, that offense still ran a train on you over and over and over and over again. With a rookie developmental QB running an offense that was installed during a bye week.

But yeah he probably peaked last year and it's only going to be downhill from there. RIP.

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

...and yet, that offense still ran a train on you over and over and over and over again. With a rookie developmental QB running an offense that was installed during a bye week.

But yeah he probably peaked last year and it's only going to be downhill from there. RIP.

Mayfield had zero 1st team reps prior to coming in the Jets game and turned a 2 TD deficit into a win. 2 weeks later in his 2nd career start he beat the Ravens and passed for 342 yards with Hue Jackson as his coach. Mayfield had more passing yards (718) in his two games against the Ravens defense than Jackson had in his 4 highest yardage games.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To be fair, Tebow also came in mid-season, had a winning record as a starter and beat the #1 ranked defense in the NFL in the playoffs with 300+ passing yards before only getting 2 starts for the rest of his career

Edited by AkronsWitness

56 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He wants to get paid. Period. The "I just want to win" talk was bogus. 

I understood the Browns and maybe the Ravens (both teams are two years away imo), but the Panthers..? C'mon man.

Lol what the heck have the Browns accomplished?

Lets wait for them to have a winning record before we act like they are above teams who actually have won a division in the last 15 years.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Lets wait for them to have a winning record before we act like they are above teams who actually have won a division in the last 15 years.

Nah you don't understand Baker Mayfield threw for a bunch of yards! 

35 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:
54 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Nah you don't understand Baker Mayfield threw for a bunch of yards! 

Yes I believe he may have set the rookie record for most yards per start but he also broke the rookie TD record and gave the Browns their third best season since coming back. Three 4th quarter comebacks, four  game winning drives and finished the season 5-2.

He didn't do it alone, while not having a true #1 receiver he had decent targets and a good RB. The defense was good at forcing turnovers but couldn't stop the run.

Also Hue is gone. 3-36-1 Hue. Freddie Kitchen steps in as the new head coach for the team who had scored more than 23 points once in the first 9 games and 5 of the final 7 once he took over the offense.

So add OBJ, Sheldon Richardson, Oliver Vernon and Hunt and maybe that can be what they need to improve upon the 5-3 record they had after Hue was fired.

And to iknowcool, why does it matter who won a division in 2004 heading into 2019? Mayfield was 9 years old.

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yes I believe he may have set the rookie record for most yards per start but he also broke the rookie TD record and gave the Browns their third best season since coming back. Three 4th quarter comebacks, four  game winning drives and finished the season 5-2.

He didn't do it alone, while not having a true #1 receiver he had decent targets and a good RB. The defense was good at forcing turnovers but couldn't stop the run.

Also Hue is gone. 3-36-1 Hue. Freddie Kitchen steps in as the new head coach for the team who had scored more than 23 points once in the first 9 games and 5 of the final 7 once he took over the offense.

So add OBJ, Sheldon Richardson, Oliver Vernon and Hunt and maybe that can be what they need to improve upon the 5-3 record they had after Hue was fired.

And to iknowcool, why does it matter who won a division in 2004 heading into 2019? Mayfield was 9 years old.

So you don’t see how it’s ridiculous to talk about the Browns as if they are some winners when they have probably been the worst team in the NFL over the last 15 years? 

Yeah what happened in 2004 doesn’t matter, but let’s let the Browns win something first before acting like they are some more prestigious team

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

So you don’t see how it’s ridiculous to talk about the Browns as if they are some winners when they have probably been the worst team in the NFL over the last 15 years? 

Yeah what happened in 2004 doesn’t matter, but let’s let the Browns win something first before acting like they are some more prestigious team

You’re asking an Internet forum to not act like a Internet forum.

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

So what is the correct way to talk about the Browns? The off-season moves have been discussed and it is understood that the team (especially Baker) were on an upward trajectory by the end of the 2018 season. 

A better roster is certainly, at the very least, a good reason to suggest that the team will win more in 2019 ( it's not the determining factor, but it's a good reason).  In addition to that better roster being combined with a coaching staff that has demonstrated competence at different parts during their individual careers, you would surely think it would allow for optimism, right?

The real question is why do you think the Browns have been bad all these years, and will those factors still impact the Browns in 2019? It's rather frustrating for people to just say "lol browns" when faced with a objectively better team and just assume that people can't be excited for their success (which is much more probable than any other year in the last 2 decades).

I'm bumping this for future reference. I got the Ravens finishing last this year in the divison. I liked Lamar Jackson as a prospect before the season due to him being criticized heavy from media so was rooting for him to succeed. He played decent this year but I think Jackson gonna struggle a lot this year due to different coverages he's not used to seeing and fumbling issue is real. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JMG5 said:

He wants to get paid. Period. The "I just want to win" talk was bogus. 

I understood the Browns and maybe the Ravens (both teams are two years away imo), but the Panthers..? C'mon man.

Panthers make perfect sense when his main motivation (outside of $$$ of course) is possible Revenge. Ala DeSean Jackson signing with Washington. TO with Dallas, Farve eventually in Minnesota. Happens all the time.

That visit is all about facing TB twice a year!! Nothing more.

Edited by Nabbs4u

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if McCoy has known who he's going to sign with - regardless of which of the 3 it is - from the beginning and is just going on these visits to get wined and dined. I mean, who wouldn't prefer that to signing immediately and reporting to OTAs? 

Edited by Ray Reed

12 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

So what is the correct way to talk about the Browns? The off-season moves have been discussed and it is understood that the team (especially Baker) were on an upward trajectory by the end of the 2018 season. 

A better roster is certainly, at the very least, a good reason to suggest that the team will win more in 2019 ( it's not the determining factor, but it's a good reason).  In addition to that better roster being combined with a coaching staff that has demonstrated competence at different parts during their individual careers, you would surely think it would allow for optimism, right?

The real question is why do you think the Browns have been bad all these years, and will those factors still impact the Browns in 2019? It's rather frustrating for people to just say "lol browns" when faced with a objectively better team and just assume that people can't be excited for their success (which is much more probable than any other year in the last 2 decades).

Nobody is saying the Browns will suck.  Nobody is saying the Browns fans shouldn't be excited for their team.  I'm just saying to pump the breaks in some regards.

Saying "I can understand McCoy signing with the Browns and Ravens, but the Panthers?" just doesn't make much sense.  Browns should be good, but at this point they haven't actually proven anything together. The Panthers are a season removed from an 11-5 record, nearly beating the Saints in the postseason, and were 6-2 last year until Cam got hurt.  I can get talking about the Browns as a team with potential to make some noise this year.  I don't care if people predict them to make the playoffs or even the Super Bowl, if you are that bold.  But it seems weird to talk about them like they are already a winner and how someone couldn't see why a player would sign with another team over the Browns.  We know the Panthers core can make the playoffs.  We know the Panthers core can make a Super Bowl.  We don't know that about the Browns yet.  Could they?  Maybe, but it's nothing more than speculation at this point.

And "faced with an objectively better team"?  Browns are not objectively better than the Panthers.  Newton is still the better QB than Mayfield.  Panthers have the better RB.  Panthers have the better OL.  Panthers have the better LBs.  Browns have a lot of star talent, but the Panthers are still talented as hell and have actually proven they can play and win together (the most important part).  How am I being faced with an objectively better team?  Browns might be better when it's all said and done, and if they are then good for them, but it is debatable.  At least for 2019 anyway.  Browns certainly have a higher and brighter long-term upside/outlook at this point given the age of their best players, whereas guys like Newton and Kuechly are probably in their prime (assuming Newton comes back feeling good).

I actually think the Browns will be good this year and I could see them making the playoffs.  But a lot of you make it seem like they are already there yet.  They aren't some established winning franchise.  It's entirely reasonable a player would view the Panthers as giving him a higher chance to win a championship than the Browns.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1