Jump to content
bucsfan333

Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Matt Patricia will panic that he could end up on NE and sign him to a big deal. I'd like to see him go to Minny. 

I'd love to have him here but I doubt we could afford him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Suh apparently wants more than 15 million. So no.

Wow, Suh is going to be turning 33 years old during this upcoming year and he wants 15m? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bucsfan333 said:

What he wants and what he's gonna get are two different things.

I don't know if we're gonna sign him. But I doubt he gets $15M.

True. Though I dont think you save enough to sign your picks and get suh. I looked at your cap and it is pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Wow, Suh is going to be turning 33 years old during this upcoming year and he wants 15m? 

I read it somewhere. 

I am 33 and want 15m per year too, I get where he is coming from.

Dont know what I'd do with it all though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, freak_of_nature said:

If not the Pats, then I'd say the Colts.

The Chiefs would like a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

True. Though I dont think you save enough to sign your picks and get suh. I looked at your cap and it is pretty bad.

It is. We're just over $14M now. After we sign our draft picks we'll be at ~$9M.

We've got a bunch of guys on the bottom of the roster we can cut for free and shave off money.

We can also convert some contracts into signing bonuses to free up more. But that's something we don't do, so I don't know if we'll actually do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish McCoy the best, played a lot of snaps.  If he can accept being a rotational.guy playing 50 percent or less, he can be effective.  If he is forced to play more at this point of his career, not sure he will do well.  The guy is more of a quick first step as opposed to.strength.  Keeping him fresh will be very important.  Hoodie eould get the most out of him, if he can accept his role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It is. We're just over $14M now. After we sign our draft picks we'll be at ~$9M.

We've got a bunch of guys on the bottom of the roster we can cut for free and shave off money.

We can also convert some contracts into signing bonuses to free up more. But that's something we don't do, so I don't know if we'll actually do it.

In which case just keep McCoy would of been easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

In which case just keep McCoy would of been easier.

Yup.

But I don't think Arians liked him. So he was the first casualty and a huge wake up call to everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Are the Bucs a toxic organization?

sarcasm but serious question 

I don't think so? Just bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Will be the perfect last signing to cap off the offs-eason for the Patriots...

herman-cain-smile.gif&f=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elky said:

herman-cain-smile.gif&f=1

McCoy and Michael Bennett have remained friends, just sayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×