Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

bucsfan333

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

What he wants and what he's gonna get are two different things.

I don't know if we're gonna sign him. But I doubt he gets $15M.

True. Though I dont think you save enough to sign your picks and get suh. I looked at your cap and it is pretty bad.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Wow, Suh is going to be turning 33 years old during this upcoming year and he wants 15m? 

I read it somewhere. 

I am 33 and want 15m per year too, I get where he is coming from.

Dont know what I'd do with it all though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

True. Though I dont think you save enough to sign your picks and get suh. I looked at your cap and it is pretty bad.

It is. We're just over $14M now. After we sign our draft picks we'll be at ~$9M.

We've got a bunch of guys on the bottom of the roster we can cut for free and shave off money.

We can also convert some contracts into signing bonuses to free up more. But that's something we don't do, so I don't know if we'll actually do it.

• Like 1

Wish McCoy the best, played a lot of snaps.  If he can accept being a rotational.guy playing 50 percent or less, he can be effective.  If he is forced to play more at this point of his career, not sure he will do well.  The guy is more of a quick first step as opposed to.strength.  Keeping him fresh will be very important.  Hoodie eould get the most out of him, if he can accept his role.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It is. We're just over $14M now. After we sign our draft picks we'll be at ~$9M.

We've got a bunch of guys on the bottom of the roster we can cut for free and shave off money.

We can also convert some contracts into signing bonuses to free up more. But that's something we don't do, so I don't know if we'll actually do it.

In which case just keep McCoy would of been easier.