Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

If the Cowboys weren't in the midst of trying to use their available cap space to lock down Dak and Cooper, they'd be a shoe-in for him IMO.  The fit in that Marinelli system would maximize him on a 1-year contract to try to get that kind of contract he's after.

Cut Tyrone Crawford (save 6mil cap) and Allen Hurns (save $5 mil cap) and there you go.  Come to Jerry World.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26790022/bucs-mutually-part-ways-long-dt-mccoy

"Although attendance for the offseason program has always been optional, McCoy, who was the third-overall draft pick in 2010 and has always been a fixture at these workouts."

Nice English, Ms ESPN sports "writer." Way to put that G.E.D. to good use. 9_9

Anyway...I  could see the Pats or Browns here.  I think.  What's NE's cap space situation?

Edited by bomont

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

they're currently in the same boat as the Bucs, very limited cap space available. Browns still have cash as well as a dozen other teams

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

The team that sticks out to me with some cap space is the Chargers. I think Tillery is coming off shoulder surgery, so it would let them ease him in and add to a nice DL rotation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

McCoy and Michael Bennett have remained friends, just sayin

Its either the Browns, Patriots, Colts or Cowboys In that order. He has connections in CLE/NE but none in IND/DAL that I know of. He said he wants to win all 4 teams are a good fit there. He also said he wants to get paid as well and thats where I think the Patriots will fall short of his other offers. Bill B. has never struck me as a big spender, instead he uses the allure of the organization for good veterans to ring chase. Hes basically the anti-Jerry Jones.

Jerry spends like its going out of style, so even if McCoy doesnt have connections or recruiting ties there (that I know of), Jerrys bag might be big enough for him to take it. Colts would be a great fit and they also have mega cap room as a playoff contender plus a need.

The reason I think the Browns (no homerism) is because they check all of the boxes he said he was looking for and then some. Hes hung around with Baker both being OU alums, they have top 5 cap room, they are a playoff contender, they have previously showed interest in trying to trade for him a month ago and 1/2 the Browns roster is trying to recruit him on social media. If he doesnt choose them, I wont be shocked because each of the other 3 teams can give him a lot of opportunity as well.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

they're currently in the same boat as the Bucs, very limited cap space available. Browns still have cash as well as a dozen other teams

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

how the hell do the dolphins have 37 million in dead space?? Tannehill and who else? 

Jags, Browns, Giants, Cardinals, dolphins GMs should all be ashamed of themselves lol

Didnt add pittsburgh on there because they didnt have a choice, ravens/broncos traded bad QBs with high cap hits, so you cant fault them for those two moves, but everyone else, what the hell were you thinking? lol 

1 hour ago, bomont said:

Nice English, Ms ESPN sports "writer." Way to put that G.E.D. to good use. 9_9

She’s a college graduate, in case you wanted any sort of accuracy to your statement.

If not, carry on with the bashing.

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

how the hell do the dolphins have 37 million in dead space?? Tannehill and who else? 

Jags, Browns, Giants, Cardinals, dolphins GMs should all be ashamed of themselves lol

Didnt add pittsburgh on there because they didnt have a choice, ravens/broncos traded bad QBs with high cap hits, so you cant fault them for those two moves, but everyone else, what the hell were you thinking? lol 

Meh, the Browns go from 4th in cap space this year to 21st next year (OBJ), as of now. However, 75% of their roster is on 1-2 year deals with opt outs galore. They can easily free up 30 million in cap with only 4-5m in dead money by cutting Vernon, Kirksey and Carrie after 2019. 3 players I dont expect to be on that roster anyways after this season.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Meh, the Browns go from 4th in cap space this year to 21st next year (OBJ), as of now. However, 75% of their roster is on 1-2 year deals with opt outs galore. They can easily free up 30 million in cap with only 4-5m in dead money by cutting Vernon, Kirksey and Carrie after 2019. 3 players I dont expect to be on that roster anyways after this season.

The browns have 20 million in dead space this year and I have no idea why. Care to shed some light on the reason? Jaime collins??

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Suh is still a $13M dead cap hit for Miami in 2019, but he played for the Rams in 2018 lol. 

That's why Tannebaum was "transferred" (baha, U fired) from Fins HQ to ESPN HQ. Bad contracts, restructures instead of front-loading. What a mess. 

All good for 2020 tho. 

F  you NFL!

Always giving the Pats these inexpensive elite players.... and they just prey on everyone else's dumbness!

How do you let yourself go so far into cap hell, that you can't afford to pay what is probably your best player????