Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, N4L said:

The browns have 20 million in dead space this year and I have no idea why. Care to shed some light on the reason? Jaime collins??

Zeitler, Peppers, Jamie Collins, Carlos Hyde, Darren Fells, Corey Coleman make up the majority of that space.

Of that 20 million, roughly 17 million was added this offseason, 10 million in the OBJ trade

Kevin Zeitler $7,200,000
Jabrill Peppers $2,830,812
Jamie Collins $2,500,000
Carlos Hyde $2,333,334
Corey Coleman $1,669,088
Darren Fells $1,400,000
Emmanuel Ogbah $751,753
Howard Wilson $301,572
Carl Nassib $222,438
Shon Coleman $196,884
Ricardo Louis $141,962
Roderick Johnson $133,486
Derrick Kindred $124,839
Simeon Thomas $119,418

7 hours ago, N4L said:

how the hell do the dolphins have 37 million in dead space?? Tannehill and who else? 

Jags, Browns, Giants, Cardinals, dolphins GMs should all be ashamed of themselves lol

Didnt add pittsburgh on there because they didnt have a choice, ravens/broncos traded bad QBs with high cap hits, so you cant fault them for those two moves, but everyone else, what the hell were you thinking? lol 

Tannehill is $18mil of the dead money and Suh is $13 for 2019.   Overpaying free agents kills.

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

F  you NFL!

Always giving the Pats these inexpensive elite players.... and they just prey on everyone else's dumbness!

How do you let yourself go so far into cap hell, that you can't afford to pay what is probably your best player????

Its the Patriots way of never actially paying anybody their market value and brain washing veterans with 'you dont want to retire without any rings do you".

They just paid Shelton 1m for this season. I know Danny isnt exactly a world beater, but you cant tell me on the open market if he shopped around he couldnt have gotten 3-5m per season from a team thats looking for a good early down run stopping DT.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its the Patriots way of never actially paying anybody their market value and brain washing veterans with 'you dont want to retire without any rings do you".

They just paid Shelton 1m for this season. I know Danny isnt exactly a world beater, but you cant tell me on the open market if he shopped around he couldnt have gotten 3-5m per season from a team thats looking for a good early down run stopping DT.

This statement is fairly inaccurate. They paid market value plenty of times (Gilmore, McCourty, Mason etc.) just not overpay and don't spend big bucks on positions that matter less (Flowers).

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

For now below 13 million and possibly below 10 million as well.

Agreed. Cant say I know the "why" of his on the field production. Dont follow the team closely enough - but I recall some conversation when they let Alexander walk that they should have cut McCoy then and swapped the cash over. He turned 31 in February - so he wont be jumping up again till next season. He played in 14 games in 2018 racking up 28 tackles and 6 sacks. Was he getting doubled all the time? Dont know but I figure the Bucs see Vea as his younger / cheaper version.

Get him out of the Florida sauna, reduce the snap counts a bit and I figure he can still be a productive player. Speed is probably gone, but dont think he's getting pushed around.