Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Surprised he hasn't signed yet maybe his agent is asking for too much money.

The word is that he was offered a deal in his CLE visit but he wanted to visit BAL because he made a commitment to them for a meeting too. A Browns beat writer said be on the lookout for a announcement on Wednesday after his BAL visit if they woo'ed him enough. We'll see. Each team has their pros and cons but my hope is that he trusts Baker being a better option at QB for playoff hopes over Lamar Jackson and his inability to throw.

I think it will come down to who do you trust to lead you to the playoffs more over the next 4 years: Baker or Jackson.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The word is that he was offered a deal in his CLE visit but he wanted to visit BAL because he made a commitment to them for a meeting too. A Browns beat writer said be on the lookout for a announcement on Wednesday after his BAL visit if they woo'ed him enough. We'll see. Each team has their pros and cons but my hope is that he trusts Baker being a better option at QB for playoff hopes over Lamar Jackson and his inability to throw.

I think it will come down to who do you trust to lead you to the playoffs more over the next 4 years: Baker or Jackson.

I think it's more next 2 years but the result should be the same.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:30 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah seems like a really hard choice between a team that perennially wins and fields a top defense vs. a team that doesn't do either of those things. Can't imagine why he didn't just jump to signing in Cleveland if he wants to win.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah seems like a really hard choice between a team that perennially wins and fields a top defense vs. a team that doesn't do either of those things. Can't imagine why he didn't just jump to signing in Cleveland if he wants to win.

All of the hype is with the Browns right now, though.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

All of the hype is with the Browns right now, though.

Indeed it is. But hype doesn't outweigh consistent results, which is what our defense churns out year after year.

EDIT: And if I was a betting man, I'd hitch my wagon to the team that made the playoffs with the rookie QB who wasn't supposed to play vs. the team that didn't with the 1st overall pick who was. Just my thoughts.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Indeed it is. But hype doesn't outweigh consistent results, which is what our defense churns out year after year.

EDIT: And if I was a betting man, I'd hitch my wagon to the team that made the playoffs with the rookie QB who wasn't supposed to play vs. the team that didn't with the 1st overall pick who was. Just my thoughts.

Ha! You mean the athlete pretending to be QB vs the best QB prospect since Luck?! Yes, that is my opinion of Jackson vs Mayfield. Jackson, unless he fixes his throwing, will not last the duration of his contract. 

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ha! You mean the athlete pretending to be QB vs the best QB prospect since Luck?! Yes, that is my opinion of Jackson vs Mayfield. Jackson, unless he fixes his throwing, will not last the duration of his contract. 

Mayfield wasn't even expected to be the first QB taken so how was he supposed to be the best QB prospect in that draft let alone since Luck?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Mayfield wasn't even expected to be the first QB taken so how was he supposed to be the best QB prospect in that draft let alone since Luck?

I didn't say that was anyone else's opinion. I said it was MINE. Let's read the whole post if we're going to read it at all, please. Thank you! :D

52 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah.

Who wouldn’t hitch their wagon to a team that runs a wildcat offense?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yeah.

Who wouldn’t hitch their wagon to a team that runs a wildcat offense?

Imagine actually believing that our offense this year will be the same offense we installed in one week last year under a different Offensive Coordinator.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls