Bucs sign DL Ndamukong Suh (1/yr $9.25M) - Will wear #93

bucsfan333

10 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

It is going to be great having a mean guy in the middle now. Especially to help set the tone for these rookies. No clowning around. No he's not as dominant as in his 20's, but he will still be disruptive.

I mean, it makes me a little skeptical with how long he stayed on the market as a free agent though I must say. 

But seriously... good luck blocking Vea and Suh in the middle. It's too bad JPP won't be here now to take advantage. 

JPP could be able to play after week 9 if all goes well.

Let's not give up hope!

I'm concerned with Suh's attitude. We all know he chases the money and if he's not motivated, he's going to give little effort, especially if the season is not going well. I believe Arians wanted an ill-tempered, nasty enforcer on the D-line, and Suh certainly fits that personality profile. But that only works if Suh gives a crap. If BA, Bowles, etc. can keep him interested, they will have a Gargantutron. He seems to be able to switch it on for the playoffs, so there may be hope if they (the coaches) can find the key to unlock it for the long term. Otherwise, I can easily see all kinds of locker room drama.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gruber74 said:

I'm concerned with Suh's attitude. We all know he chases the money and if he's not motivated, he's going to give little effort, especially if the season is not going well. I believe Arians wanted an ill-tempered, nasty enforcer on the D-line, and Suh certainly fits that personality profile. But that only works if Suh gives a crap. If BA, Bowles, etc. can keep him interested, they will have a Gargantutron. He seems to be able to switch it on for the playoffs, so there may be hope if they (the coaches) can find the key to unlock it for the long term. Otherwise, I can easily see all kinds of locker room drama.

Aye. He's hit or miss based on his attitude. Hopefully BA and Bowles can keep that fire lit under his ***.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

with Suh and Vea in the middle I think its going to be difficult to run on the Bucs.  Not that McCoy was bad in run defense but I think Suh is just very good to elite at it.

Facts. Bucs are about to run a LOT of 2 down lineman with Vea and Suh. Seeing how Bowles run his defense we’d probably be playing base defense. Suh and Vea is some muscle upfront. Im just concerned with the pass defense

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

Facts. Bucs are about to run a LOT of 2 down lineman with Vea and Suh. Seeing how Bowles run his defense we’d probably be playing base defense. Suh and Vea is some muscle upfront. Im just concerned with the pass defense

I'm actually more worried about the pass rush on defense than the backend. I love what we did with the draft. Added some real quality CBs...

JPP being out, guys transitioning to standing up, guys taking on bigger roles than they've been in in past,  still being thin at spots...

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Aye. He's hit or miss based on his attitude. Hopefully BA and Bowles can keep that fire lit under his ***.

Suh s perceived attitude problems were in Miami under Adam Gase.  Interesting to me that he goes to LA and plays under Wade Phillips and is on a Super Bowl team.  This is a big part of coaching for me.  Motivating players by clearly identifying their roles.  We saw how it failed with Grimes and Mike Smith.  

I have full confidence in BA until proven otherwise.

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm actually more worried about the pass rush on defense than the backend. I love what we did with the draft. Added some real quality CBs...

JPP being out, guys transitioning to standing up, guys taking on bigger roles than they've been in in past,  still being thin at spots...

Guess we’ll see what Bowles can cook up. Suh and Vea have pass rush prowess but outside of them (Barrett, Nassib, Nelson) its going to take a collective effort to get hits, hurries and sacks. David and White will be blitzing a lot. Edwards will be asked to blitz too. Bowles loves to send the nickel CB and play zone behind it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, indifference said:

Guess we’ll see what Bowles can cook up. Suh and Vea have pass rush prowess but outside of them (Barrett, Nassib, Nelson) its going to take a collective effort to get hits, hurries and sacks. David and White will be blitzing a lot. Edwards will be asked to blitz too. Bowles loves to send the nickel CB and play zone behind it.

Very true, he loves to get pressure from all 3 levels...