Sean Davis CB

Money

On 5/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, cjfollett said:

Why don't we trade all our starters for draft picks next year? Then we can tank for 2019 and draft QB#1. Then with all the picks we can draft a bunch of rookies. Then we can suck for a few decades like the Browns.

See? I can come up with stupid ideas too.

He's pretty much already done that before.

A few years ago he had us trading every decent player we had for draft picks or players that were just drafted the year before.

Hell, I remember him wanting to trade Ben so we could move up and draft Blake Bortles.   

Edited by FourThreeMafia

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 8:50 AM, cjfollett said:

That's hilarious!

I remember trading for Khalil Mack last year. Now, that was hilarious. When it didn't happen. And a team which led the league in sacks. Was almost dead last in turnovers. Now, that was hilarious.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:18 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

He's pretty much already done that before.

A few years ago he had us trading every decent player we had for draft picks or players that were just drafted the year before.

Hell, I remember him wanting to trade Ben so we could move up and draft Blake Bortles.   

The Browns have actually gone from 1-15 to playoff contenders in just one 7-9 season. 

Sean Davis can actually tackle. Which is why he plays CB. Sean Davis can actually jam and run with the WR. That's why he plays CB. He can actually blitz off the end. That's why he's a CB. He has the body shape of a CB. He has the attributes - i.e. stats - makeup of a CB.

What he doesn't have is the brain. That's what you need to play safety. And that's why you play him at CB.

It ain't a puzzle.

^ also. Where have you gone in the last few years??? I traded Bell and Brown. Ben. What did the Steelers get??? Dog____. See - I knew they weren't good enough. And here we are. They still aren't good enough. You see the Browns. You're already there. In one season. And then some. But they have this delusion. Basically, in a feeble attempt, to puff their chest, ego, that they are going to contend to win the Super Bowl this year.

Now, that's hilarious. 

FWIW. I could win a Super Bowl with Blake Bortles. Hell, he took the Jags to the AFC Championship game. And beat who? Mike Tomlin. What does that say about Mike Tomlin? A guy who I'm not even sure is in the league anymore.

Hold it. Grab a friend. And both of you try and hold it. Cuz you actually need a third friend. And maybe even a fourth.

Just try me.

18 hours ago, Money said:

Just try me.

You wanted to trade Big Ben for Bortles...the end.

You will post some bloated, half baked reason and ramble on for 2-3 paragraphs...you want attention and here ya go...respond if you feel the need to get the last word in to appease your delicate self confidence, I won’t be responding.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, Money said:

^ also. Where have you gone in the last few years??? I traded Bell and Brown. Ben. What did the Steelers get??? Dog____. See - I knew they weren't good enough. And here we are. They still aren't good enough. You see the Browns. You're already there. In one season. And then some. But they have this delusion. Basically, in a feeble attempt, to puff their chest, ego, that they are going to contend to win the Super Bowl this year.

Now, that's hilarious. 

To your point, no one is crowned SB Champs in August.  Everyone thinks that they are the contender and not a pretender in August.  By December, you start to see what your team is really about and then by the time the play-offs hit in January, you hope that they are playing their best football consistently.  It is one and done or done if you don't make it to the play-offs. Hopes, dreams and potential are not enough.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, Money said:

FWIW. I could win a Super Bowl with Blake Bortles. Hell, he took the Jags to the AFC Championship game. And beat who? Mike Tomlin. What does that say about Mike Tomlin? A guy who I'm not even sure is in the league anymore.

Hold it. Grab a friend. And both of you try and hold it. Cuz you actually need a third friend. And maybe even a fourth.

Just try me.

This is the part of your comments, where I always think that you are just stirring the pot to get a reaction/response or comment.  I am one of the biggest Blake Bortles fans. Right now he is the definition of a journeyman. Blake is not an elite, great, upper echelon, above average or even a QB with that special something.  He would be a very good back-up who could probably game mange you some wins with talent around him.

Yes, the Jags almost went to the SB despite Blake Bortles, so did the Steelers with Neil O'Donnell. In fact, the Steelers went with O'Donnell.  Blake is a very poor man's Neil O'Donnell. He is in the same class as Blane Gabbert and Ryan Tannehill.  In fact, Neil was a better game manager for the Steelers great defense and a more  consistently accurate passer (TD to INT ration. Blake Bortles threw shorter passes and has a better career completion % than Neil).  My point is that for a #1 draft choice and one of the top QB's drafted in his class he has been to the play-offs once in five years whereas Neil went four straight years under Cowher before bolting for "greener $$$ pastures" with the Jets..  Neil was never the same QB without Blitzburgh and Blake would not have had even his one year success without that Jaguar defense either.

Blake Bortles over Big Ben is not even close to being a realistic joke.  He would make a solid back-up and would be ahead on the depth chart of young players like Dobbs and Mason, but not much else based on what he has shown.  Blake is a back-up for the Rams, not on another roster competing for a starting job.