Bears "best kept secret" Eddie Goldman

soulman

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not gonna change your mind about any of this.  No matter what I hand you you'll simply insert your own opinions in place of fact.

How could anyone have any impressions of anything other than his work in college?  There is nothing more and when have you ever heard Nagy say anything that wasn't positive about someone we drafted or signed.  He was positive and appreciative of all Jordan Howard had done right up 'til the day Howard was cleaning out his locker and boarding a plane to Philly.

There are 90 guys on this roster and in Sept. only 53 will remain. I expect we'll hear positives about a lot of kids who don't make it between now and then and Raymond may be one of them.....or not.

Shaheen's Combine summary is based on both fact and the opinion of a pro whose far better at evaluating prospects than either you or I will ever be.  But they only speak to a prospects traits, not whether he assured of becoming a competent player at his position.  You made a comment about Shaheen's lack of athleticism that was no more than your opinion.  It had no basis in fact so I provided the proof of that.  His scouting report.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your own opinions just don't expect anyone else to share them is all if they are not fact based.

Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick ( Wilson was selected by the Seahawks with the 12th pick in the third round (75th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft ) and as I posted there have and always will be exceptions to the rule.  Pro scouting isn't perfect by any means and we all know this.  But my point is still clear.  Something like 15 other TEs were taken in the draft and Raymond was not one of them.

We signed him and several other TEs all of whom will need to beat out Braunecker who has previous NFL experience and who was also re-signed for two years with $550k guaranteed so he has a leg up on all of them.  I hope one of our UDFA TEs does stick and if he also beats out Braunecker so much for the good 'cause I believe Ben Braunecker is an decent football player.

And as for #4.....Burton and Shaheen DO NOT play the same position.  The "Y" inline TE in this offense is not the same as the "F" or move TE who is used in multiple ways and lines up all over the place.  They're no more the same as Howard and Cohen or Amos and Fuller or even Hicks and Goldman though generically Howard/Cohen are called RBs and Amos/Fuller are called DBs and Hicks/Goldman are labeled DL.

I'm done with this circular debate and even more so because you don't even seem to realize how Shaheen is used differs greatly from how Burton is used.  A "Y" TE in unlike an "F" TE just as a FB is not the same as a RB and the traits you want from an OLB aren't the same as an ILB.  You can keep your opinions and in the end you may be proven correct but until then my beliefs will remain as they are now.  happy0180.gif

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We were talking about how good Pace has been in the 2nd round specifically Goldman and how Shaheen really is the turd on the resume.

Once again.....a personal opinion not grounded in fact.

Yeah so....

Goldman is an awesome DL in this scheme...he has enough pass rush to make him solid in that regard but is ability to take up blockers and keep Roquan and Danny T clean is fantastic...he will never be huge on the stat sheet but his work goes way beyond that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah so....

Goldman is an awesome DL in this scheme...he has enough pass rush to make him solid in that regard but is ability to take up blockers and keep Roquan and Danny T clean is fantastic...he will never be huge on the stat sheet but his work goes way beyond that.

His pass rush is probably upper tier for NTs if you look at them as a separate position group.

3-5 sacks from your true NT is pretty awesome production. Eddie averages 4 sacks per season starting.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:09 AM, WindyCity said:

In comparison to the others on the list it is a fact that he is the turd of the group.

Facts

-Always injured

-Not productive

Back on Goldman or not at all.  I'm done with this f'n hijack.