Josh Jones wants to be traded

snackattack

Maybe a conditional late round draft pick.  Not worth it.  He should be careful what he wishes for.  Jones may end up on the street.  Pretty weak move.  Come in and compete if you are that good you would be starting.  I like Jones and had hopes he would find a role.  Understand his frustration but skipping OTA's and demanding a trade isn't going to help his cause.

• Like 1

PFF GB Packers @PFF_Packers
FollowFollow @PFF_Packers
More

In the last 10 games of 2018, Josh Jones played the 6th most defensive snaps for the #Packers. Jones registered the 3rd most solo tackles on the team during this span and the 2nd most combined tackles overall (solo + assisted).

Edited by {Family Ghost}

lol

I can sort of understand his frustration but it's funny he thinks he has value. Just ask for your release, that's all this is. Like someone had mentioned

Edited by Norm

Pretty much as everyone has echoed, would likely be for a 6th or 7th round pick. If he doesn't want to be here, get rid of him. Hopefully we can find a player for player trade that makes sense. Duke Johnson was mentioned, but I'm not sure I am really into that fit, but I'm not really opposed to it

Edited by JBURGE

Duke has been a better player at the pro level, but he's in a similar situation to Jones, and has asked for a trade and is skipping OTA's.  Duke is 25 and a former 3rd round pick, Jones is 24 and a former 2nd round pick.  Jones has been a disappointment, but when he has played extensive minutes he's been fairly productive.  

Where has this come from ?

He wants to be traded before spending any real time in a brand new offense, and at a position where guys are needed (whether S or ILB) ?

Doesn't make much sense to me. Is this a guy who got angry at the Amos trade, and the drafting of Savage ?

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Doesn't make much sense to me. Is this a guy who got angry at the Amos trade, and the drafting of Savage ?

I'm sure that's most of it .. he probably thought he would get a fair shot at a starting gig and then saw the Packers close that hope.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sure that's most of it .. he probably thought he would get a fair shot at a starting gig and then saw the Packers close that hope.

At 220lb and with 4.41 speed, he could still be a factor as a coverage type ILB if the instincts grow. Packers are very thin there ATM.