Jump to content
snackattack

Josh Jones wants to be traded

Recommended Posts

This was the equivalent of the guy retaliating getting the unnecessary roughness call in a game. MLF said in his press conference he didn't see the whole play. If it were any one other than Jones this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Golfman said:

I have no issues with a guy getting in a fight in practice. It actually shows they have some fight in them. 

Actually, I like the idea of MLF not putting up with 'scuffles' in practice. How often have we complained when a player did it in a game and took a 15 yrd penalty? You are how you practice. If they are practicing something that reduces stupid penalties, I'm all for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Jones even play last night? I think the writing may be on the wall for him. Last year he got beaten out for a wide open safety spot twice, by two undrafted players who are not even on the team anymore. He played mostly by default late in the season. His only value seems to be as a S/LB hybrid, but now he's been beaten out for that job by another undrafted player, Raven Green (who forced a fumble last night). Will Redmond looked pretty good at safety against the Texans, and now Ibraheim Campbell has been brought back as a bigger safety. It's not looking good for Josh Jones in Green Bay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jones was in street cloths last night... along with pretty much every Packer who is line line to play significant minutes this season.  It probably would have been a worse sign for him to have been active and playing.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Jones was in street cloths last night... along with pretty much every Packer who is line line to play significant minutes this season.  It probably would have been a worse sign for him to have been active and playing.

Oh thanks, I hadn't even thought of that. I had heard that Raven Greene was getting snaps ahead of him at safety, so I assumed Jones had suited up too and just hadn't gotten in on the action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burks tearing a pec probably makes Josh Jones a bit more valuable to keep around in terms of an "ILB" with coverage abilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Burks tearing a pec probably makes Josh Jones a bit more valuable to keep around in terms of an "ILB" with coverage abilities

Not sure on the coverage abilities of Josh Jones, but he's going to be given a chance. I think this is a spot Fackrell could actually excel at as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Golfman said:

Not sure on the coverage abilities of Josh Jones, but he's going to be given a chance. I think this is a spot Fackrell could actually excel at as well. 

What makes you think Fackrell could be a coverage linebacker? Last year he finally came around and did pretty well rushing the passer and defending the run as an outside linebacker. That position requires him to sometimes drop into pass coverage, but that's a very different thing from being an ILB who specializes in pass coverage. It seems to me like that would be very much outside of his training and his skillset. 

As for Josh Jones, I read that he was held out of the preseason game because of an undisclosed injury. It is looking more and more likely that they will move on from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greg C. said:

What makes you think Fackrell could be a coverage linebacker? Last year he finally came around and did pretty well rushing the passer and defending the run as an outside linebacker. That position requires him to sometimes drop into pass coverage, but that's a very different thing from being an ILB who specializes in pass coverage. It seems to me like that would be very much outside of his training and his skillset. 

As for Josh Jones, I read that he was held out of the preseason game because of an undisclosed injury. It is looking more and more likely that they will move on from him. 

His athleticism is what makes me think he could. Also, he slide inside a few downs and actually dropped into coverage last year from what I remember. He did a credible job too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember watching highlight vids of Fackrell in college and he did alot of dropping back into coverage however he was also alot lighter then. Not sure if he's able to do it as easily now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, Golfman said:

His athleticism is what makes me think he could. Also, he slide inside a few downs and actually dropped into coverage last year from what I remember. He did a credible job too. 

He's actually very good at it.  I remember Palmy saying that Fack had the sweetest hips he'd seen in a LB dropping into coverage.  He plays his part well in Pettine's disguise sets.

He isn't very physical, but he is versatile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

He's actually very good at it.  I remember Palmy saying that Fack had the sweetest hips he'd seen in a LB dropping into coverage.  He plays his part well in Pettine's disguise sets.

He isn't very physical, but he is versatile.

Has there been any word or indication if Fackrell might be an option opposite Martinez for the ILB role?  With the Smiths, and Gary at Edge, Fackrell might be a decent option to have a dual role as Edge/ILB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Has there been any word or indication if Fackrell might be an option opposite Martinez for the ILB role?  With the Smiths, and Gary at Edge, Fackrell might be a decent option to have a dual role as Edge/ILB.  

Maybe if we were severely injured at the position, but I dont see the point in him playing over Bolton/Summers who already play the position. Wouldn't make that much of a difference if any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Has there been any word or indication if Fackrell might be an option opposite Martinez for the ILB role?  With the Smiths, and Gary at Edge, Fackrell might be a decent option to have a dual role as Edge/ILB.  

My take is an ILB has to play a physical game. Sure, the sideline to sideline skills of some of them is nice to have around, but a lot of what they do involves some serious banging....being physical.....more physical than I attribute Fackrell being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×