Josh Jones wants to be traded

snackattack

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

One of those guys has two last names and the other sounds like a Japanese monster.  Give me the guy that has the All-American name.  Also somebody cut Valdes-Scantling.  That isn't a thing we do around here. 

You mean a name like Jones?

I get blistered on here every time I bring it up, but I think in his last few years TT was beginning to suffer from cognitive decline. Those last few drafts may have been more and more Elliot Wolf and less and less TT, which is why I was terrified Elliot was going to replace TT. I was much relieved when Gute was hired. Gute hasn't been perfect, but he has been solid. Go Pack!

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

It would be very thin with just two quality players just three years after the draft. So I think calling that decent would be generous, but it certainly wouldn't be a bust class.

Yes, that was my point. @Leader's post in which he quoted me pretty much echoes my opinion here.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Even if only Williams and Jones play well, it's still a decent draft. 

edit: Just read the article linked above. Glad we're taking Raven Greene seriously; he made some pretty good plays down the stretch last year despite the fact it was garbage time.

If I asked you if we got an average at best DT (he hasn't done anything yet) and a top 10 back - when healthy - out of next year's draft, you would be OK with that?

When you look at the talent around some of our picks, things get a lot worse.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I get blistered on here every time I bring it up, but I think in his last few years TT was beginning to suffer from cognitive decline. Those last few drafts may have been more and more Elliot Wolf and less and less TT, which is why I was terrified Elliot was going to replace TT. I was much relieved when Gute was hired. Gute hasn't been perfect, but he has been solid. Go Pack!

Not sure any of this is true .. other than you preferring Gute over Wolf.  I wouldn't be surprised if TT was in some sort of decline .. drafts sure sucked his last few years.  Our losing ways the past few years are a direct result of his poor drafts.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

Many had beaten you to this realization, but good to know you're catching up.

(Insert rimshot/cymbal crash here)

:)

Absolutely.... The wheels did completely fall of with his tantrum after the Amos signing and trading up to pick Savage. The absolute final nail has been the development of Greene and Redmond.

It would be interesting to hear what posters thought of him early in 2017. He had a real good preseason and that big game in Cinncinatti, with over 10 tackles and 2 sacks,  in week 2 or 3... So, right after that Bengals game two years ago, who thought Jones was gonna bust in GB?

LIS, not me.

28 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not sure any of this is true .. other than you preferring Gute over Wolf.  I wouldn't be surprised if TT was in some sort of decline .. drafts sure sucked his last few years.  Our losing ways the past few years are a direct result of his poor drafts.

Being an old guy I can say that it happens to everyone. You lose your energy, so you can't work as long into the day. You can't remember things, especially names. It sucks.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Being an old guy I can say that it happens to everyone. You lose your energy, so you can't work as long into the day. You can't remember things, especially names. It sucks.

Now it makes complete sense. He wanted Smith-Shuster but couldn’t remember his names so he just said Jones. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

It seems apparent this kid was not an NFL safety, in spite of his athleticism. What do all of you think his future lies? Pretty apparent he did not want to play LB. 

No idea. I do think if he would have bought into ILB more he could have been decent. I don't think his future is anywhere at safety though.

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

I still wonder what is going to happen at LB. I cant wrap my mind around having all that money/talent on the front line/corners/safety and having what seems like such a huge void at ILB. Kind of surprised they couldnt work a trade for one with this guy.

I would assume they will wait for cuts and then bring in a veteran like they did last year with Morrison. I wouldn't even be against them bringing in two veterans if they cut Crawford, try to stash Summers on the PS, and depending on how optimistic they are with the injuries to Bolton and Burks.