Josh Jones wants to be traded

snackattack

I"m gonna miss Cincy Josh.

Dude looked like he was having fun.  Making nice tackles, beating tight ends, making plays.  It was a very good game by the rookie.

Too bad he didn't stack successes.

I'll go out on a limb here.  He's gonna hit somewhere else.  And it will be as a strong safety that plays near the box.  I think he's got too much talent to not hit.  Just needs to be the right scheme and fit.  And it wasn't going to be here.

I had heard that he really liked the night life and video games....moreso than the defensive playbook.  Heard that as a rookie, not so much last year....  And...it was just a rumor.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:37 AM, Cheech said:

If I asked you if we got an average at best DT (he hasn't done anything yet) and a top 10 back - when healthy - out of next year's draft, you would be OK with that?

When you look at the talent around some of our picks, things get a lot worse.

If you were to additionally tell me that we would pick a CB that was better-than-average when healthy and another RB whose floor is a RB2 and whose ceiling was as middle-of-the-road feature back who will continually improve over time, I would be ok with that.

6 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I remember being underwhelmed when we drafted him, his college tape never got me thrilled but his HWS had me intrigued. Then palmy came around saying he loved the pick... my thoughts instantly changed. 

Now I'm back to square one. And I miss palmy. 

Jones was an athlete with poor intangibles. He was drafted almost solely because of his athleticism.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'll go out on a limb here.  He's gonna hit somewhere else.  And it will be as a strong safety that plays near the box.  I think he's got too much talent to not hit.  Just needs to be the right scheme and fit.  And it wasn't going to be here.

Except he's horrible as a box safety...

9 minutes ago, jleisher said:

What team will take their chances with Jones?  I predict he signs with the Lions.

The Bears need a safety. They plan on starting Ha Ha and Jackson is the free safety. I think it's the Bears as we play them week 1. It would be a 'Bears' type of move. 

10 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I remember being underwhelmed when we drafted him, his college tape never got me thrilled but his HWS had me intrigued. Then palmy came around saying he loved the pick... my thoughts instantly changed. 

Now I'm back to square one. And I miss palmy. 

With his head on straight I bet palmy was right though. Can’t read what’s in a mans heart

Not surprised he went unclaimed. The team that drafts you loves you more than any team. As a second, the reality is he was probably a 4th+ round prospect for 3/4ths the league. Being unproductive, teams aren’t going to line up 3 year later.

He’ll get a try out and likely a 1 year minimum deal at some point. He’s a dart throw  now though hoping a chance though now (unfortunately for him he didn’t understand that).

• Like 2